Apologies

SWCCG game play discussion.
rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1696
Joined: January 28th, 2017, 3:42 pm
Location: Hanover, PA
GEMP Username: rsersen
Contact:

Re: Apologies

Post by rsersen »

Trying to reply on tapatalk and just get "You don't have permission to reply" even though I'm logged in. Guess that's the underlying issue, but don't know how to fix it. Signed out and back in, deleted and redownloaded app, nothing.

Guess I'll just go back to mobile. * love technology.


arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.
Image

Image

User avatar
Shadow 14
Retired Advocate
Posts: 9622
Joined: October 30th, 2002, 3:29 am
Location: Hannover, Germany
Contact:

Re: Apologies

Post by Shadow 14 »

fungineer wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 12:53 pm
I've also found my "@" notification no long works now that the "/forum" page is up and running.


x2

The @ doesn't work anymore.
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

User avatar
JediJer
Administrator
Posts: 26017
Joined: December 3rd, 2002, 1:42 am
Location: Utah

Re: Apologies

Post by JediJer »

spideyguy0 wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 8:15 pm
I had been navigating to starwarsccg.org/forums, and apparently the new forum location is starwarsccg.org/forum (singular). This seems to have fixed my login issue, but this version of the forums has a longer loading time, has all this awful trim at the top and bottom, and when I go to post a reply, it takes me to the bottom of the page and I have to scroll up?
The "awful trim" is the header and footer of the website and is there to facilitate ease of navigation between the forums and other sections of the website.
The having to scroll up is a known issue that I'm hoping I can resolve soon.

User avatar
CRG
Member
Posts: 1391
Joined: October 17th, 2017, 8:10 am
Location: Bespin
GEMP Username: CRG

Re: Apologies

Post by CRG »

Shadow 14 wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 7:58 pm
fungineer wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 12:53 pm
I've also found my "@" notification no long works now that the "/forum" page is up and running.


x2

The @ doesn't work anymore.
There was some discussion in Slack about this (@/pinging someone) being disabled.
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
Posts: 697
Joined: January 28th, 2018, 5:37 am
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Re: Apologies

Post by Hazardville »

rsersen wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 1:28 pm
@ tapatalk users - anyone else had issues seeing unread posts on the app?

Used to be that threads with new posts had an indicator next to them, and when I would open the thread, it would jump straight to the most recent unread post. Now when I open the app every topic appears read, and opening anything dumps me at the OP and I have to scroll/jump down from there.

I double checked my settings, haven't updated it recently, and the other forums I use with tapatalk still mark unread posts correctly. It's a very minor annoyance, but wondering if it's just me or something to do with the backend changes.
My Tapatalk also up and decided to stop working correctly. It gives me an error message saying I'm not logged in, although I definitely am, and the Discussions tab just doesn't work at all. I also can''t view the Competitive Balance forum on tapa, which does suggest it somehow thinks I'm not logged on, but I changed nothing and don't know why it would be doing this. Quite annoying.
Justin Miyashiro
Image

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1696
Joined: January 28th, 2017, 3:42 pm
Location: Hanover, PA
GEMP Username: rsersen
Contact:

Re: Apologies

Post by rsersen »

Hazardville wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 10:58 pm
rsersen wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 1:28 pm
@ tapatalk users - anyone else had issues seeing unread posts on the app?

Used to be that threads with new posts had an indicator next to them, and when I would open the thread, it would jump straight to the most recent unread post. Now when I open the app every topic appears read, and opening anything dumps me at the OP and I have to scroll/jump down from there.

I double checked my settings, haven't updated it recently, and the other forums I use with tapatalk still mark unread posts correctly. It's a very minor annoyance, but wondering if it's just me or something to do with the backend changes.
My Tapatalk also up and decided to stop working correctly. It gives me an error message saying I'm not logged in, although I definitely am, and the Discussions tab just doesn't work at all. I also can''t view the Competitive Balance forum on tapa, which does suggest it somehow thinks I'm not logged on, but I changed nothing and don't know why it would be doing this. Quite annoying.
Are you on iPhone by chance? I did some googling on this last night and seems like it may be specific to iOS users, while Androids work fine.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatal ... 39391.html

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatal ... 40324.html

One thread discusses http:// vs https:// and how the forum is listed within tapatalk as the issue, the other talks about an outdated forum plugin. I'm not sure why either of those would only affect one mobile os and not the other. But I'm glad it's not just me or my app going crazy here.
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.
Image

Image

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
Posts: 697
Joined: January 28th, 2018, 5:37 am
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Re: Apologies

Post by Hazardville »

rsersen wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 12:33 pm
Hazardville wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 10:58 pm
rsersen wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 1:28 pm
@ tapatalk users - anyone else had issues seeing unread posts on the app?

Used to be that threads with new posts had an indicator next to them, and when I would open the thread, it would jump straight to the most recent unread post. Now when I open the app every topic appears read, and opening anything dumps me at the OP and I have to scroll/jump down from there.

I double checked my settings, haven't updated it recently, and the other forums I use with tapatalk still mark unread posts correctly. It's a very minor annoyance, but wondering if it's just me or something to do with the backend changes.
My Tapatalk also up and decided to stop working correctly. It gives me an error message saying I'm not logged in, although I definitely am, and the Discussions tab just doesn't work at all. I also can''t view the Competitive Balance forum on tapa, which does suggest it somehow thinks I'm not logged on, but I changed nothing and don't know why it would be doing this. Quite annoying.
Are you on iPhone by chance? I did some googling on this last night and seems like it may be specific to iOS users, while Androids work fine.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatal ... 39391.html

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatal ... 40324.html

One thread discusses http:// vs https:// and how the forum is listed within tapatalk as the issue, the other talks about an outdated forum plugin. I'm not sure why either of those would only affect one mobile os and not the other. But I'm glad it's not just me or my app going crazy here.
I am on IOS, so sounds like we're having the same problem. I'll try to dig through those threads a little later, hoping there's a solution in there somewhere.
Justin Miyashiro
Image

User avatar
stimpy
Member
Posts: 1152
Joined: May 3rd, 2010, 9:17 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Apologies

Post by stimpy »

I'm also a tapatalk user (iphone) and started having those issues a few days ago.. same exact things. It didn't seem to happen with the site change as I was able to post a reply from tapatalk one time, but something has changed since then.

Been meaning to pull up the website from a computer to reply but it's taken me a few days to get to it!

arebelspy
Member
Posts: 16763
Joined: July 14th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Apologies

Post by arebelspy »

Ah, can confirm mine (working) is on Android.

User avatar
Cam Solusar
Member
Posts: 16871
Joined: November 23rd, 2002, 7:57 pm
Location: Sunny Southern California

Re: Apologies

Post by Cam Solusar »

arebelspy wrote:Ah, can confirm mine (working) is on Android.
Same here. Running Android 10 and it's working fine. I do have the log out issue on chrome though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

User avatar
JediJer
Administrator
Posts: 26017
Joined: December 3rd, 2002, 1:42 am
Location: Utah

Re: Apologies

Post by JediJer »

The tapatalk issue could be due to one of the changes I made to session settings.

User avatar
Cam Solusar
Member
Posts: 16871
Joined: November 23rd, 2002, 7:57 pm
Location: Sunny Southern California

Re: Apologies

Post by Cam Solusar »

I think I may have figured out what's causing the logout issue in browsers. It looks like when you type in "starwarsccg.org/forums" to Chrome it defaults to an unsecure version of the website which doesn't maintain login information when you re-visit the site later. If you type in https://www.starwarsccg.org/forums it keeps your session login information intact and you stay logged in.
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

Wokling
Member
Posts: 463
Joined: February 8th, 2019, 11:26 am
GEMP Username: ototoi

Re: Apologies

Post by Wokling »

FYI, the AR 3.0 appears to be down.

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 2019
Joined: February 28th, 2016, 3:38 pm
Location: Nebraska, USA

Re: Apologies

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

Wokling wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 7:25 pm
FYI, the AR 3.0 appears to be down.
This old link still works for me:
https://www.starwarsccg.org/Resources/a ... on-3-0.pdf
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 2019
Joined: February 28th, 2016, 3:38 pm
Location: Nebraska, USA

Re: Apologies

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

Cam Solusar wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 5:38 pm
I think I may have figured out what's causing the logout issue in browsers. It looks like when you type in "starwarsccg.org/forums" to Chrome it defaults to an unsecure version of the website which doesn't maintain login information when you re-visit the site later. If you type in https://www.starwarsccg.org/forums it keeps your session login information intact and you stay logged in.
Thanks! That really helped; the constant logout was getting annoying.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 8107
Joined: July 9th, 2012, 6:02 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI. USA
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Re: Apologies

Post by fungineer »

So, how do I link a thread/post?

In multiple situations, but especially for rules threads, both on the site and internally to our discussion, we link to the particular thread. However, now they are all the same?
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

User avatar
quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
Posts: 26056
Joined: September 3rd, 2003, 5:10 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Apologies

Post by quickdraw3457 »

fungineer wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 12:21 am
So, how do I link a thread/post?

In multiple situations, but especially for rules threads, both on the site and internally to our discussion, we link to the particular thread. However, now they are all the same?
There is a small note icon at the top of each post near the username. If you right click that (or long press on mobile) you should be able to copy the direct link.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Image
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 8107
Joined: July 9th, 2012, 6:02 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI. USA
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Re: Apologies

Post by fungineer »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 12:23 am
fungineer wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 12:21 am
So, how do I link a thread/post?

In multiple situations, but especially for rules threads, both on the site and internally to our discussion, we link to the particular thread. However, now they are all the same?
There is a small note icon at the top of each post near the username. If you right click that (or long press on mobile) you should be able to copy the direct link.
Thanks!
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Wokling
Member
Posts: 463
Joined: February 8th, 2019, 11:26 am
GEMP Username: ototoi

Re: Apologies

Post by Wokling »

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 9:10 pm
Wokling wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 7:25 pm
FYI, the AR 3.0 appears to be down.
This old link still works for me:
https://www.starwarsccg.org/Resources/a ... on-3-0.pdf
Thanks. Only, I can't access it if I navigate from the main page.

User avatar
quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
Posts: 26056
Joined: September 3rd, 2003, 5:10 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Apologies

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Wokling wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 12:34 am
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 9:10 pm
Wokling wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 7:25 pm
FYI, the AR 3.0 appears to be down.
This old link still works for me:
https://www.starwarsccg.org/Resources/a ... on-3-0.pdf
Thanks. Only, I can't access it if I navigate from the main page.
I will try to fix it tomorrow, thanks for letting us know.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Image
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”