Upcoming Plans for Sets 12 & 13

SWCCG game play discussion.
SolaGratia

Upcoming Plans for Sets 12 & 13

Post by SolaGratia »

This was a significant piece of information (copied below) that Chris shared on the holotheatre and the REVERT thread that should probably be parsed out for those who missed it - maybe an announcement? Communication goes a long way for a healthy community.

Also, while I know leading a group of volunteers with full lives who also want to enjoy playing the game (CAN'T THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH!!!!!) is such a challenge I have to ask a basic question of any project planning - what kind of timeline are we trying for?

IF Set 13 is potentially an answer to the communities concerns (IF that ends up being what is best for the game) when can we realistically expect results? 9 months, 1 year, 18 months, 2 years? Please hear I am not trying to sound unappreciative I am just seeking to manage expectations.

Thank you all for this great game, even though I support some major changes I do love the game, the community, and greatly appreciate all the hard work so many of you put in!

chriskelly wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 11:00 pm
For those who missed the Holotheatre episode- first off, shame on you. That show is great.

Second, this issue was discussed towards the end, so I’ll share with everyone else- there are no plans for a reset at the moment.

In the interest of transparency, D&D has been internally discussing an different course for some time now where certain cards would be tweaked both upwards and downwards. We have been discussing many of the same cards that people are bringing up here as far as downward tweaks and some really interesting cards that are kind of okay but just didn’t hit the mark for upward ones (e.g. For Luck (v)).

We’ve been discussing the idea of this since last worlds and it’s presently scheduled to be Set 13, following Set 12 which will be Solo-themed.

Obviously we remain receptive to feedback and thoughts, but for now we are really happy with the meta. Of course tweaks could be made to a few cards, but we don’t think those changes at all over shadow how good the game is right now.

Our priority at the moment is giving DS a few more good options. We like how we diversified the LS options recently and now are looking forward to doing the same for the bad guys.

MTFBWY,
Chris

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Re: forget Rise of Skywalker it's "Rise of the REVERT a star wars story"

Post by chriskelly »

Things are kind of influx to be honest, but I believe 12 will be after Endor. Of course errata can happen independent of set releases and preview sets can also pop up. But that’s the most up to date info I have at the moment.

The Tweak Set mentioned above (Set 13) will likely not be as far behind as a set normally would be because we have been chatting about it as far back as last worlds and the testing and production to tweak cards is obviously a lot different than starting from scratch.

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Surprised to see this get no replies. This is about things that can happen, not theorycrafting like in a bunch of other threads right now.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

Steve Buscemi
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Steve Buscemi »

Thanks for the information and dedication to the game. I have said this at worlds to several people, but I will repeat it here as well:
Because everything the PC brings to the table is at such a high standard people sometimes tend to forget this is all volunteers work. I am looking forward to set 12 and the tweaks you are working on to further enhance our great game!

tarkiNZ
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by tarkiNZ »

Any chance of some stardust before Director Cretin no deals us out of the EW by the end of the no extension lunar month?
Christopher Leifi. " It's play or get played. That simple."

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

I wanted to update everyone on this point and my prior post (quoted below in the spoiler tags). We all have been actively reading over the forums and seen a lot of quality debate and fantastic ideas related to this discussion across Slack and the various threads (from the CBT threads to the reset thread to the "Hypothetical Tweaks" thread). I wanted to thank many of you for taking the time to post your thoughts and feedback; I was blown away by some of the posts that listed so many cards with constructive feedback in an organized, reader-friendly list. Thank you.

After mulling it over, and taking into consideration so much of your guys' feedback, we decided we are going to put the Solo-themed set on hold so that we can focus our attention on the so-called "Tweak Set." Although this will unfortunately push back our ability to pump out some brand new and exciting DS themes (and to have a more timely Rise Of Skywalker set released), we think that making some of these tweaks will have a much wider and much more beneficial impact on the game state as a whole; it will also help us design that Solo set knowing exactly what tweaks are in place, as opposed to making cards while anticipating the big changes.

The current plan is to ensure some tweaks are issued that would impact the top decks; but we also want to touch some other cards that would have a positive impact on the meta. In some cases, this actually means raising their power level. Although it is not realistic to expect this whole project to be completed by December, our goal is to have errata in place for the big 4 top decks (Like My Father Before Me, ROps, Old Allies + A Brave Resistance, and Map) plus some preview cards to balance things and excite the players in time for the Endor Grand Prix.

Between now and then we are going to be arduously plugging away at the cards and doing our best to make this a reality. We are also cognizant that deadlines loom and there will come a point in time when either an errata can be in place for Endor or it cannot. But I promise we are all taking this Tweak Set seriously and are going to do our best to get it done right and get it done timely. To that end, I'm thrilled to announce Justin Desai (allstarz97) has agreed to resume his prior position on Design and Development during the pendency of this project. Justin was specifically drafted into this project both because because he’s fully versed in the meta and engaged in the game and because he’s a fresh voice (and set of eyes) from the outside to give us candid feedback.

Once again, thank you all for your feedback, posts and comments regarding our game. As we continue to review the community feedback, I'm really looking forward to the challenge of perfecting an already pretty good game.

MTFBWY,
Chris
Spoiler
Show
chriskelly wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 11:00 pm
For those who missed the Holotheatre episode- first off, shame on you. That show is great.

Second, this issue was discussed towards the end, so I’ll share with everyone else- there are no plans for a reset at the moment.

In the interest of transparency, D&D has been internally discussing an different course for some time now where certain cards would be tweaked both upwards and downwards. We have been discussing many of the same cards that people are bringing up here as far as downward tweaks and some really interesting cards that are kind of okay but just didn’t hit the mark for upward ones (e.g. For Luck (v)).

We’ve been discussing the idea of this since last worlds and it’s presently scheduled to be Set 13, following Set 12 which will be Solo-themed.

Obviously we remain receptive to feedback and thoughts, but for now we are really happy with the meta. Of course tweaks could be made to a few cards, but we don’t think those changes at all over shadow how good the game is right now.

Our priority at the moment is giving DS a few more good options. We like how we diversified the LS options recently and now are looking forward to doing the same for the bad guys.

MTFBWY,
Chris

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Thank you Chris for hearing the feedback, and especially for this clear communication about what's coming.

I'm excited for the shakeup, and I'm glad Desai is involved, that is great news.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Re: forget Rise of Skywalker it's

Post by Corran »

arebelspy wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Thank you Chris for hearing the feedback, and especially for this clear communication about what's coming.

I'm excited for the shakeup, and I'm glad Desai is involved, that is great news.
Just want to echo that the PC’s communication has been great and the community has actually kept things fairly civil. SWCCG rocks.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
ashnolo wrote: I'm using OCS to prepare for Kendall in Corellia League play

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

chriskelly wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 9:34 pm
I'm thrilled to announce Justin Desai (allstarz97) has agreed to resume his prior position on Design and Development during the pendency of this project. Justin was specifically drafted into this project both because because he’s fully versed in the meta and engaged in the game and because he’s a fresh voice (and set of eyes) from the outside to give us candid feedback.
First new card: a big Star Destroyer, the Justifier! :lol: But seriously, sounds really good to me, another top player in Design. Keep up the good work.

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Rock solid post Chris. You do an outstanding job of communicating D&D!
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Berm
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Berm »

Thank you for the communication. Excited to see what this may bring!

SolaGratia

Post by SolaGratia »

aermet69 wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 4:55 am
Rock solid post Chris. You do an outstanding job of communicating D&D!
x2

Thanks Chris!

Wokling
GEMP Username: ototoi

Post by Wokling »

Thank you Chris.

Reigning in ROPs is going to be very hard. Ideally, changes to it should not only lower its overall power level, but also enable it to win its games on time. If you do the former but not the latter, the deck may be made unplayable. Good luck!

Tusken84
Anthology
Anthology

Post by Tusken84 »

Wokling wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 11:00 am
Thank you Chris.

Reigning in ROPs is going to be very hard. Ideally, changes to it should not only lower its overall power level, but also enable it to win its games on time. If you do the former but not the latter, the deck may be made unplayable. Good luck!
Imho the only way to do this is making flipping conditons easier and make card exchange once per turn while flipped
Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:50 (AM):
Shadow 14 wrote: I absolutely agree with Tusken84.

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

Sounds great to me! On one hand it's a bummer not to get new stuff, but on the other it's nice to address a lot of the "game health" issues so future new stuff can come into a better game.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

Wokling wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 11:00 am
Thank you Chris.

This. I've been saying that ROps and OA need better win conditions for some time.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
ashnolo wrote: I'm using OCS to prepare for Kendall in Corellia League play

alphabeta
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: alphabeta; GalenErso

Post by alphabeta »

This is great news, thanks for updating us! Communication has been tremendous lately

Ardrra
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: Ardrra

Post by Ardrra »

great to hear. huge props to CK and D&D, for managing a lot of big personalities and passionate players....all in a volunteer capacity. its shocking how much love and passion there is for this game. (in a great way!)

this game introduced me to people I am still proud to call lifelong best friends, 23 years after I bought my first 4 Premiere starter decks. the fact that it can introduce me to a whole new group of people I didn't even know existed, is just great. May the Force be with you all!!
Issac

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

Ardrra wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 4:37 pm
great to hear. huge props to CK and D&D, for managing a lot of big personalities and passionate players....all in a volunteer capacity. its shocking how much love and passion there is for this game. (in a great way!)

this game introduced me to people I am still proud to call lifelong best friends, 23 years after I bought my first 4 Premiere starter decks. the fact that it can introduce me to a whole new group of people I didn't even know existed, is just great. May the Force be with you all!!
yea i dont even like star wars cards, im just here for the hangs
Jerry H

Image Image

DutchVader

Post by DutchVader »

Wow, I previously overlooked this very important thread due to the misleading thread title!

@chriskelly: Thanks for all the info on the plans thus far! Very much in favor of the first cards/decks to be addressed.

Stefan / DutchVader

Return to “General Discussion”