Ardrra
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: Ardrra

Re: Set 12 errata

Post by Ardrra »

TechTerror wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 2:16 pm

I would like to see at the very least a grabber shield similar to A Useless Gesture that would at least require increased cost to playing interrupts (essentially) from lost. Unfortunately ROPS exchanges and IWFWYS stacks them on top of an effect and so the design has limited this measure while still creating essentially the same mechanic: play a lost interrupt from lost pile again.
this is a really great point. playing lost interrupts was considered abusive/NPE enough that WYS was nerfed with a shield to slow that mechanic down, or at least penalize the LS player for using it, so why are we intentionally creating new objectives that allow the DS to abuse what is essentially the same mechanic? it seems kind of unfair, or at least inconsistent from a game design/balance perspective, that the LS is penalized for Lost Pile recursion while the DS has multiple (top-of-the-meta) platforms that can do it without penalty.

here's an opposite take, though...since the blanking of Strat Reserves V shows we can change old V slips, maybe we just blank the grabber part of A Useless Gesture V? if the lost pile recursion effects that Map and ROps V offer are the direction current D&D wants to head in, maybe the right move to bring better consistency isn't to shield these functions but instead to un-shield the WYS penalty?

Issac

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

It's way harder for Map to play interrupts from lost.

LS can flip them back with a resistance agent. Or can kill Kylo.

DS has to kick LS off all but one BG.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

arebelspy wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 6:52 pm
It's way harder for Map to play interrupts from lost.

LS can flip them back with a resistance agent. Or can kill Kylo.

DS has to kick LS off all but one BG.
WYS is one of my favorite platforms, and while I'd love to see thematic helpers like additional smugglers and a virtual Corellia, A Useless Gesture prevents abuse without nerfing the deck. I don't know Map well enough to know if it needs a shield, but WYS is just fine as is.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
ashnolo wrote: I'm using OCS to prepare for Kendall in Corellia League play

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Looking over the tweak preview, it's looking very promising in my opinion. I like the Saitor/Blaster Rack change. This may enable some cool personal weapon decks, since forfeiting them with Incon/Superficial, you can now deploy them again. Not sure Rebel Scout Luke needed a boost, but it does make him compete directly with Young Skywalker.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

aermet69 wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:17 pm
Not sure Rebel Scout Luke needed a boost, but it does make him compete directly with Young Skywalker.
Young Skywalker is being cut. Or in other words, we combined the cards together.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:24 pm
aermet69 wrote:
Not sure Rebel Scout Luke needed a boost, but it does make him compete directly with Young Skywalker.
Young Skywalker is being cut. Or in other words, we combined the cards together.
Ah, cool. Didn't know that. Kinda makes sense. Getting rid of the problematic picture as well.
- Casper Jørgensen
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

aermet69 wrote:
This may enable some cool personal weapon decks, since forfeiting them with Incon/Superficial, you can now deploy them again.
This is also a buff to weapons that go back to your deck, but they still don't look very good:
Jar Jar's Electropole
Captain Tarpals' Electropole
Electropole
'throw' Darth Vader's Lightsaber

Maybe I missed a good one? Anyway, it opens up some design space for more 'thrown' weapons in the future.
Greg Zinn

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

Gergall wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 5:45 pm
aermet69 wrote:
This may enable some cool personal weapon decks, since forfeiting them with Incon/Superficial, you can now deploy them again.
This is also a buff to weapons that go back to your deck, but they still don't look very good:
Jar Jar's Electropole
Electropole

Maybe I missed a good one? Anyway, it opens up some design space for more 'thrown' weapons in the future.
You could already loop Darth Vader's Lightsaber with I Am Your Father (V).

Can't loop Electropole because it is not matching.

Add in Inconsequential Losses/Superficial Damage and things get a lot spicer by allowing forfeit to used pile and then redeploy on the following turn. Leia's Blaster looks prime for this.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

OrehRuoy
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: orehruoy

Post by OrehRuoy »

Maybe blasters has a chance... probably still not but would be swell

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

Gergall wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 5:45 pm
aermet69 wrote:
Jar Jar's Electropole
Electropole

Oooh, dueling is back!
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

SmallDarkLines
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Dueling is dead as long as AJR is popular.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

OrehRuoy
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: orehruoy

Post by OrehRuoy »

Could flip cct run rack and a few Bobas and pull the gun that way? Would give 2 other starting effects. Not 100% consistent though

Turalyon
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: Lo_Thar

Post by Turalyon »

Sai'torr Kal Fas (V)
[Premiere - C]
LIGHT - EFFECT
Text: Deploy on table. Once per turn, may \/ a matching weapon on your unique (•) character present at a site. [Immune to Alter.]
[Set 0] [Errata]

Dont you think Leia and Han with his blaster what can be taken from deck kill all scrubs deck? Are you sure you want do this?

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

Turalyon wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 7:59 am
Sai'torr Kal Fas (V)
[Premiere - C]
LIGHT - EFFECT
Text: Deploy on table. Once per turn, may \/ a matching weapon on your unique (•) character present at a site. [Immune to Alter.]
[Set 0] [Errata]

Dont you think Leia and Han with his blaster what can be taken from deck kill all scrubs deck? Are you sure you want do this?
This card's been around since the reset. The change is just to make it a top level deploy instead of only when the character is deployed.
Image Image
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

OrehRuoy wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 7:00 am
Could flip cct run rack and a few Bobas and pull the gun that way? Would give 2 other starting effects. Not 100% consistent though
This is a very interesting idea. I like it. Play a few pullers that help you get DIPO and stuff as well!

If you're super dirty, you run incon as well and a couple of Aurra's blaster, Mara's saber and what not.
- Casper Jørgensen

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

aermet69 wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 8:51 am
OrehRuoy wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 7:00 am
This is a very interesting idea. I like it. Play a few pullers that help you get DIPO and stuff as well!

If you're super dirty, you run incon as well and a couple of Aurra's blaster, Mara's saber and what not.
Been thinking about that - even tried some CCT Flip decks that had a 3-effect start and floated Boba/Gun, with a couple Double Backs and AMN(v) as pullers...but was still fairly inconsistent.

New Blaster Rack solves half the equation...but the other problem is that (assuming you're not running any AMN v or non-v), you probably need to just start Despair, or risk having your objective go out of play early on. Which essentially leaves you with one starting effect slot - maybe YBD, so once Fett is at the AC you have an extra damage source? But I'm not convinced this is better than just starting AMN and floating an Artillery.

Although if you wanted to go with a more mains-centric build and forget Scum, then Blaster Rack has a lot more utility with matching sabers. Can even play Maul's double-bladed...lose 1 to make a drain +2, and then retrieve that 1 with your obj.
PC Foils/AI/Chips Haves & Wants - let's make a deal
stubbly wrote:Echo Base Trooper is the Siri of SWCCG
Image Image

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

mingtown wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 8:10 am
Turalyon wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 7:59 am
Sai'torr Kal Fas (V)
[Premiere - C]
LIGHT - EFFECT
[Set 0] [Errata]

This card's been around since the reset. The change is just to make it a top level deploy instead of only when the character is deployed.
If memory serves, it's been around since the very first virtual set in 2001.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
ashnolo wrote: I'm using OCS to prepare for Kendall in Corellia League play

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

The one bummer that I see with the new Blaster Rack (V) change is that it hurts turn 1 in Hunt Down. At least in my deck, I run a handful of Vaders plus Blizzard 4 to make sure I get him out early.

With the new card, if I play Vader via Bliz 4, I can’t pull Vader’s lightsaber turn 1 because he won’t be present at the site. So you need to wait until turn 2 to arm him.

Now granted, I’m sure most people use the Vader effect instead of Blaster Rack, but still a bummer.

All that said, I like the bold move by the PC to shake things up and try to bring a better experience to everyone. Well done! Please continue to make bold moves like this!
Tom M. - Maple Grove, Minnesota

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

OrehRuoy wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 6:36 pm
Maybe blasters has a chance... probably still not but would be swell
I want to do something with Panaka and Amidala although it would be nice to do something other than the obvious WHAP.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

Shewski
Retired Advocate

Post by Shewski »

so the solution is to buff stuff to compete with OP/top of the curve stuff?
Mike Tomashewski

Return to “General Discussion”