LS Region: Corellia

Re: BFred is the Man

Post by retwin316 »

spideyguy0 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 10:17 pm
Hayes wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 5:15 pm
bfred was easily MVP of the euro trip
This, 100%. Was incredibly grateful to have BFred as my travel companion. Especially the trip back from Bochum to the airport in Amsterdam when it was just the two of us and we almost missed our train, but BFred kept us on track.
I feel like I was just following you the whole time lol... Should have pulled out my phone and tried to figure out that cheat that you did to bypass security! I slept so well in the hotel bed in New York though... Although it still wasn't worth 200 dollars!!!

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

The Franchise wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:38 pm
Just wanted to say Brian is a great guy, always been fun to be around since I met him...17? 18? Years ago. Really happy to see how well he is doing these days
Brad Eier, you are the man! We had a lot of good times... Remember when you, me, Kyle, and that guy Grizzly (can't remember his real name) hung out, and we were joking about him hiding twilight tokens in his beard, and you paused (and looked like you had given it a lot of thought) and were like "I wish i had a beard, so I could hide things in it" rofl! One of the funniest moments ever!

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

I just remember B Fred and Brentson had the misfortune of getting paired against each other at Worlds one year.

Both dudes basically knew each other's decks.

Brentson was playing some WYS pile, B Fred some Cor CRv pile I think

Anyway, Brentson blew out B Fred with some weird *, there may have been some no revert business going on, but this was the closest I had ever seen B Fred to wanna murder a *. And it was against his BFF Brentson.

So, B Fred backed off, he got up from the table, idk if he just had to take a piss or what but... he was gone a second

Then he came back and dropped a simple-ass EPP Maul/ Dr. E beatdown on Brentson's numpties, idk if First Strike was involved or not but it was clear Brentson had no defense, and B Fred just basically just walked it off with his monster *. 10/10
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

spideyguy0 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 10:33 pm
retwin316 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Does anyone have any good BFred stories to share... Sometimes i forgot stuff and love to remember the good times! Post a memory of me that you have and I will post one of you in return!
I've got two stories, neither of which I was present for.

The first is one I heard secondhand, so for all I know it's not even true. It was prob close to 10 years ago at the MPC, BFred and some people are at dinner or a bar, or something. It's just after Lonely Island came out with the Like a Boss video. BFred keeps saying "like a Bossk" during dinner, and this hot waitress overhears and asks him in a flirtatious way "what's a bossk?" The conversation then proceeds like this,

BFred: "You know the movie 'The Empire Strikes Back?'
Hot waitress: "Yeah"
BFred: "You know the scene where Darth Vader is talking to all the bounty hunters?"
BFred: "You know the one that looks like a dinosaur?"
BFred: "That's Bossk"
Hot waitress: "Oh"

Conversation ends. I'm in the game room when everyone gets back to the hotel and someone (no idea who) relays that story.

The second story I heard from BFred himself, and it's the one about the time he almost fought a dude with a gun in Wallgreens bathroom. I'll let him tell that one, cause I can't do it justice.
Lmao! I love the hot girls/star wars stories, they are literally amazing...

First though. One of the other managers and I are walking towards the restrooms (we both have to to) and as we get closer we hear this huge racket and she looks at me and says "I hope that is coming from yours" I'm like... ... We get right to them and it's coming from mine, along with some swear words. She makes a sigh of relief and says "thank God, have fun!"

I open the door and go in and immediately notice 2 things... 1 guy sitting on the floor with no pants on trying to saw off an ankle bracelet with some tool, not sure. 2, the baby changing station is down and there is a gun sitting on it. He says something to me and I reply with something, can't remmeber, and leave. Other manager comes out of restroom and I tell her what I saw and she is like "should we call the cops!?" We decide yes and call, and within minutes rhere are 6 cops in the store, all armed (one with a shield and a shotgun, and one with an assault rifle (think n64 goldeneye)) they question us and are gearing up for an assault on the bathroom... 2 more undercover cops show up and discuss how to go in. The female manager and I are instructed to get well clear and they finally storm the bathroom!! Turns out guy isn't in there... It was literally maybe a minute passed when i left and we called cops. He must have hauled ass to get out as soon as I left. No one saw him go lol...

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

3MW0J8 wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:56 am
I just remember B Fred and Brentson had the misfortune of getting paired against each other at Worlds one year.

Both dudes basically knew each other's decks.

Brentson was playing some WYS pile, B Fred some Cor CRv pile I think

Anyway, Brentson blew out B Fred with some weird *, there may have been some no revert business going on, but this was the closest I had ever seen B Fred to wanna murder a *. And it was against his BFF Brentson.

So, B Fred backed off, he got up from the table, idk if he just had to take a piss or what but... he was gone a second

Then he came back and dropped a simple-ass EPP Maul/ Dr. E beatdown on Brentson's numpties, idk if First Strike was involved or not but it was clear Brentson had no defense, and B Fred just basically just walked it off with his monster *. 10/10
Lmao! I remember getting into it multiple times with Brentson... One I remember clearly was when he coped my tigih deck for the first event after reset (San Diego). We we're playing a pick up game and I killed his luke so figured I was gonna roll. He drops lsjk and anakins saber and proceeds to roll my ig88 deck. Im so mad because I was using v saber im my deck and feel he just switched to beat me and I can't even remember why I thought the v one was good but soon after realized v cant even deploy on a Jedi luke. I was so mad i told him I was never going to play him again because he teched out against me for a pick up game and he wouls never use the other. Apparently I just can't read and was mad for no reason lol

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Now for a hot girl/star wars story lol...

So, on our flight to Europe, I'm pretty intent on just popping a Tylenol pm and sleeping all flight (I've been up all day because a flight switch had me landing in new York 10 hours before my flight to Amsterdam). Im waiting for the 2 seats to my right to fill up and I see these 2 super gorgeous girls walking down the opposite aisle, and then start to get in next to me. The blonde ia still in the aisle and the brunette who is easily a 10 is getting ready to sit down next to me and says hello and smiles (I instantly see her braces). I smile back (she instantly notices mine) and she turns to the blonde and says something in Dutch and the other girl looks at me and back at her and gives her that (omg what are the chances look). She sits down and stsrts chatting me up. Conversation is great, we exchange that "omg we must be the only 2 adults with braces" conversation. She asks me about America and my trip and such and I ask her about hers... Like if I was any sort of smooth talking pimp I would have met up with her in Amsterdam and probably had drinks and hooked up, but as most of us know... I am not that guy lol. So after about 20 some minutes of chatting we get to the "why are you going to Europe question" to which I tell her to play a card game ( i had already decided this was likely not going to lead anywhere/I didn't care to keep talking and wanted to sleep). She looks at me with an inquisitive look and makes a car driving motion. I'm like no, card games, and make card playing motions. She is like "oh yeah that's cool, what kind of cards" (maybe she thought I meant poker?). So I say star wars cards! (Figured this might be best way to end the conversation lol) she looks let down and says star wars cards? I'm like yeah, you know the movies, right? It's based on them. Conversation then dries up and soon after she is asleep for almost the entire rest of the trip. I took my Tylenol on and then instead of passing out I get the brilliant idea to check the movies out, and end up watching like 3 movies and some t.v. shows and sleep 0 if I recall...

Anywho! Maybe if I just had a little more confidence in myself! Fun times!

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

just gonna leave this here. i believe it's 2014 Nal Hutta regionals late night playoff for the title

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 5:57 pm

just gonna leave this here. i believe it's 2014 Nal Hutta regionals late night playoff for the title
That dog was so scared! I remember getting worked both games by decks I really didn't even know or understand... Somewhere around the time right before the game was reset because of too much broken!

I remember i think the first time I met you, we also made the finals. You smashed me game 1 by like 22 or some insane number... Maybe it was 32? Then game 2 I think I was like trm or 3-2 deck or something and you were walkers and just really needed to only blow up the shields, but your t1 you deployed defensive perimeter and it was all downhill from there and I won game 2 by more. I guess you owed me a beating lol

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

Brian remember playing the dpc Chicago finals in Andrew Howard’s house at like midnight?

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

allstarz97 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 9:44 pm
Brian remember playing the dpc Chicago finals in Andrew Howard’s house at like midnight?
I remember we played all of top 4 there... Hunter tried to on the edge against me with coward not satisfied and forgot to react spiral to a battle and had to burn his houjix. Fun times!

I remember against you after a battle that went poorly for me I landed my x wing at the north Ridge instead of under the shield because... Literally I must have just lost my mind, but I think the match ended the next turn when you obliterated it lol

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

mr007agent wrote:

Put this in your sig if you support Brian Fred
please dont put this in your sig, as GIFs in sigs are still something that slows the forums down, and IIRC are still not allowed by the forums rules

you guys know my feelings towards Bfred ;)
Jerry H

Image Image

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

quesosauce37 wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 12:10 pm
mr007agent wrote:

Put this in your sig if you support Brian Fred
please dont put this in your sig, as GIFs in sigs are still something that slows the forums down, and IIRC are still not allowed by the forums rules

you guys know my feelings towards Bfred ;)
You're delusional! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

retwin316 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 3:53 am
Shadow 13 wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 8:36 am
I used to chat with BFred on AIM about swccg all the time like 20 years ago and finally met him in person at the Las Vegas premier series LOTR tcg event. we talked for a bit before the tournament and then got matched up against each other in game 1. he was playing the uruk bomb deck but I double moved every turn and won before he could get his hand set up for a bomb. sorry it's not a swccg story.
I seem to recall this, I always seemed to struggle at those events and then do decently at worlds.

I remember one worlds, maybe 2006 or 2007. I played Ryan French last game of Swiss, pretty sure winner made top 8. I had dark lsc with propaganda bomb and Ryan had wys. During the course of the game he is doing his thing and me mine. I notice he hasn't deployed a single defensive shield and I make a comment about it to which he replies something along the lines of "I've never lost to lightsaber combat in my life, I don't need shields" probably not a direct quote, but he made it very clear he didn't need shields to beat me.

Somewhere along the line he plays its a hit to cancel a drain and I grab it. So after I get like 3 propaganda v out he drains for 3 at vessel and I drop the non v one, he plays control and I cancel it with brief loss of control v. He then proceeds to use Icbw for 8, and i play its worse for some obscene amount, followed by a limited resources on my turn. We are both pretty low on force so he has to go for the drain at kessel next turn and I play an other non v prop for 10 this time and that's the game!
Pretty sure that was me, heh. I have lost several game 8 to knock me out of contention. :explode
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
-007-
ImageImage

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

mr007agent wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 11:19 am
retwin316 wrote:
Shadow 13 wrote:
I used to chat with BFred on AIM about swccg all the time like 20 years ago and finally met him in person at the Las Vegas premier series LOTR tcg event. we talked for a bit before the tournament and then got matched up against each other in game 1. he was playing the uruk bomb deck but I double moved every turn and won before he could get his hand set up for a bomb. sorry it's not a swccg story.
I seem to recall this, I always seemed to struggle at those events and then do decently at worlds.

I remember one worlds, maybe 2006 or 2007. I played Ryan French last game of Swiss, pretty sure winner made top 8. I had dark lsc with propaganda bomb and Ryan had wys. During the course of the game he is doing his thing and me mine. I notice he hasn't deployed a single defensive shield and I make a comment about it to which he replies something along the lines of "I've never lost to lightsaber combat in my life, I don't need shields" probably not a direct quote, but he made it very clear he didn't need shields to beat me.

Somewhere along the line he plays its a hit to cancel a drain and I grab it. So after I get like 3 propaganda v out he drains for 3 at vessel and I drop the non v one, he plays control and I cancel it with brief loss of control v. He then proceeds to use Icbw for 8, and i play its worse for some obscene amount, followed by a limited resources on my turn. We are both pretty low on force so he has to go for the drain at kessel next turn and I play an other non v prop for 10 this time and that's the game!
Pretty sure that was me, heh. I have lost several game 8 to knock me out of contention. :explode
I was wondering why I didn't remember this lol - don't think I've been in contention to make top 8 EVER
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

quesosauce37 wrote:
Speaking of which, in the past month we hit the 10 year anniversary of the gif signature moderation debacle.

Can you believe how time flies? It's * crazy.

R.I.P the smoking gungan.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

arebelspy wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 2:52 pm
quesosauce37 wrote:
Speaking of which, in the past month we hit the 10 year anniversary of the gif signature moderation debacle.

You're old.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

rhendon wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 2:56 pm
arebelspy wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 2:52 pm
quesosauce37 wrote:

You're old.
We all are.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

mr007agent wrote:
retwin316 wrote:
Shadow 13 wrote:

Rofl! Come to think of it, that was you, wasn't it! I swear I played Ryan also, Maybr he met with the same fate?

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

retwin316 wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 4:39 pm
mr007agent wrote:
retwin316 wrote:
Shadow 13 wrote:

Rofl! Come to think of it, that was you, wasn't it! I swear I played Ryan also, Maybr he met with the same fate?
Yea, I had no idea what your deck was doing. If I had play tested any at all, I am sure I wouldn't have fallen for your silly tricks. Just like against Scott one year with that ridiculous BHBM and res luk rauf nonsense.
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
-007-
ImageImage

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

mr007agent wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 12:13 pm
retwin316 wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 4:39 pm
mr007agent wrote:
retwin316 wrote:
Shadow 13 wrote:

Yea, I had no idea what your deck was doing. If I had play tested any at all, I am sure I wouldn't have fallen for your silly tricks. Just like against Scott one year with that ridiculous BHBM and res luk rauf nonsense.
To be fair, I'm not sure play testing would have helped... I made that deck like the night before when I was done with all the dark decks I had lol

Return to “General Discussion”