Retro/Alternate Format Event on GEMP?

SWCCG game play discussion.
arebelspy

Re: Retro/Alternate Format Event on GEMP?

Post by arebelspy »

In any case, the PC should fix that. Would shake up that format a bit too.

(On a personal note, I agree that p-ref2 is the best. I loved the spring of 2001 between ref2 and tat.)

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

Dark Deal Abuse wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 12:16 pm
I wouldn't but no need to worry about me

Corran wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 12:12 pm
Dark Deal Abuse wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 8:15 am
I vote Prem-Ref2 without Shields. Retro SWCCG in its purest form......the best......right before Episode 1.
Would you play in an event in a format you know but with shields?
An argument could be made that you're the target market for an event like this though. You actively play and are not a jerk, but don't play in the same community as most of the top players. If adding shields to the format would alienate someone like you, then this becomes a thing aimed at mainstream players(like the Jawa format) rather than a way to bring people into the mainstream or acknowledge the active non-v community.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

I think Corran’s point is a good one. Even if I would be less interested in a Premiere-DSII or Premiere-R2 event, it probably would be good for the community if we made one happen. The last several months over 10% of all games played have been those formats. It also might be a good way to get some people back into the game who are on the fence about playing Open, but are looking for structured/more official type event.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Berm
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Berm »

I'll echo that as well. Much as I'd like to see how the P-DS2 or P-RF2 format shakes out WITH shields, for the purposes of this tournament I think P-DS2 or P-RF2 is the best call.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

am i the only one who remembers...

BESPIN AND BEYOND

Cloud City through Death Star II (ie no broken premiere interrupts/effects, no dabogah, no hoth energy shield)
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Tbiesty
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Tbiesty

Post by Tbiesty »

There’s a formats JSON file in gemp that defines the valid sets, etc. per format. If someone in gemp development updates that file, that is all that should be needed to fix any incorrect format definitions.
Troy Biesterfeld - Rochester, MN

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Shadow 13 wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 12:36 am
am i the only one who remembers...

BESPIN AND BEYOND

Cloud City through Death Star II (ie no broken premiere interrupts/effects, no dabogah, no hoth energy shield)
We've done our best to forget it.

Thanks Ryan.

:-D
Tbiesty wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 1:00 pm
There’s a formats JSON file in gemp that defines the valid sets, etc. per format. If someone in gemp development updates that file, that is all that should be needed to fix any incorrect format definitions.
Dynamite. Thanks Troy!

EDIT: I've found the file and changed p-ds2 to not have jpsd. Matt, who is the decision maker to okay that change (not necessarily uploading the file, but fixing p-ds2, which has apparently been wrong for years.. would need some sort of announcement. the change was literally deleting 5 characters: space comma 112).
quickdraw3457 wrote:ping
See details here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75846#p1305032

And the subsequent few posts.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

arebelspy wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 12:05 am
the change was literally deleting 5 characters: space comma 112).
I read this and was like "Lando w/Vibro Axe, Mighty Jabba, Palace Raider, Mercenary Pilot, and what's the fifth character? Also, No Escape is programmed into GEMP and would need to be removed." Then I realized the intention of the word Character, and felt dumb.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Dark Deal Abuse
GEMP Username: DarkDeal44

Post by Dark Deal Abuse »

Thank you for the kind words my friend.
Yes, I strive not to be a jerk in games due to the simple FACT that in the format I play in SWCCG is but a game of MATCHUPS. Maybe it is different in Open ?? I would not know.
Some decks do really really well against others. I know for a fact when my Profit goes up against dueling HD I am going to have an uphill battle. I feel like alot of people on GEMP just get pissy and are bad sports but this format I play in was built on abusive broken cards and strategies and if you have a problem with that then go play w/ Shields and stuff (and there is NOTHING wrong with that).

Sorry for the mini rant now I am just seeing some very bad sports on GEMP as of late. Last night in Prem-DS2 game I saw a player deny a simple revert b/c the other player clicked too quick thru his battle phase (was clear he was going to battle) and then on top of it didn't even "GG" at the end (and he won !!!) Sorry Corran, now I am truly rambling I will shut up now.

- DDA

Corran wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 2:37 pm
Dark Deal Abuse wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 12:16 pm
I wouldn't but no need to worry about me

Corran wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 12:12 pm
Dark Deal Abuse wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 8:15 am
I vote Prem-Ref2 without Shields. Retro SWCCG in its purest form......the best......right before Episode 1.
Would you play in an event in a format you know but with shields?
An argument could be made that you're the target market for an event like this though. You actively play and are not a jerk, but don't play in the same community as most of the top players. If adding shields to the format would alienate someone like you, then this becomes a thing aimed at mainstream players(like the Jawa format) rather than a way to bring people into the mainstream or acknowledge the active non-v community.
I ONLY play PREMIERE- REFLECTIONS II (no v-cards, no shields and most importantly no Episode 1)...would love to talk to others that play this format! :popcrn:

Actively trying to build an old school SWCCG player base in Michigan. PM me if interested!

My Prem-Ref2 Cube is Complete!

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

I'll ask the team to fix it, no need to send a file. When it becomes open source you will just be able to submit a pull request with the change you made :)
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Dark Deal Abuse

Great, thank you !!!

quickdraw3457 wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 8:10 am
I'll ask the team to fix it, no need to send a file. When it becomes open source you will just be able to submit a pull request with the change you made :)
I ONLY play PREMIERE- REFLECTIONS II (no v-cards, no shields and most importantly no Episode 1)...would love to talk to others that play this format! :popcrn:

Actively trying to build an old school SWCCG player base in Michigan. PM me if interested!

Jnapolit31
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Post by Jnapolit31 »

“Long have I waited...” -ROPS

At last, ROPS will have its revenge [in PDS2 format]

Woot woot
Jared Napolitano
Follow Star Wars CCG on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/swccg
Subscribe to the PC's YouTube page: YouTube.com/c/StarWarsCCG
Spoiler
Show
Individual performance for all players in all Majors since 9/2014: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults
Gemp Operational Guide & FAQ's: tinyurl.com/GempGuideFAQs
PC Foil & AI Slip Checklist: tinyurl.com/PCslipsChecklist
2020 OCS: 58-26 (T16) ll 2019 OCS: 54-30 ll 2018 OCS: 41-55

Dark Deal Abuse

Yup. Ralops in DS2 doesnt have to worry about Palace Raider crashing the party!
Jnapolit31 wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 9:34 am
“Long have I waited...” -ROPS

At last, ROPS will have its revenge [in PDS2 format]

Woot woot

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

quickdraw3457 wrote:I'll ask the team to fix it, no need to send a file. When it becomes open source you will just be able to submit a pull request with the change you made :)
Thanks! Image

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

FYI to all those asking about premiere - ds2 format being sized. Please note that when the format change happens, some of your decks may become broken due to having "illegal" cards. I highly recommend that you save your decks just to be safe and once the change is deployed, double check all your p-ds2 decks to make sure they're still valid in the format. The fix will probably go live sometime this week.

Please pass the word to the gemp lobby too!
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Dark Deal Abuse

Awesome. I can't wait! Yes, I was spreading the word in the lobby. Thank you for all you guys do!

quickdraw3457 wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 7:41 pm
FYI to all those asking about premiere - ds2 format being sized. Please note that when the format change happens, some of your decks may become broken due to having "illegal" cards. I highly recommend that you save your decks just to be safe and once the change is deployed, double check all your p-ds2 decks to make sure they're still valid in the format. The fix will probably go live sometime this week.

Please pass the word to the gemp lobby too!

Return to “General Discussion”