Looking to Form a Team (Currently There's Two of Us)

SWCCG game play discussion.
stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Lately, I've been collaborating with londonsean. It's been fun, and while neither of us are world beaters, I'd like to extend the offer to anyone else looking to form a team/group to talk about SW and share decks, etc. The only requirements are you play open competitively, aren't a jerk, and Sean is on board with it.
Last edited by stephengascrub on July 13th, 2020, 6:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

londonsean
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack
GEMP Username: londonsean

Re: Looking to Form a Team (Currently There's Two of Us)

Post by londonsean »

‘While neither of us are world beaters’ is quite possibly the greatest understatement in SWCCG history (can’t speak for Stephen of course) - and a recognition of where we are :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
English National Runner-up - 2019
OCS 2019 (19-65)
Official First Round Loser - MPC 2020

I’m not saying I'm aiming to be the worst player in the history of SW:CCG. But someone has to be...right?

Echo Base Trooper
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: echobstrpr

Post by Echo Base Trooper »

Aren't you two bitter rivals?
image.png
image.png (34.56 KiB) Viewed 450 times
image.png
image.png (34.56 KiB) Viewed 450 times
Adam Fletcher
Lead Proofer

londonsean
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by londonsean »

Echo Base Trooper wrote:Aren't you two bitter rivals?
image.png
Shhhhh.

I’m trying to bring him down from the inside. As part of being a team, I think I can convince him to play 12-card Death Star in the OCS next month. But I can’t talk about it here.

OCS 2019 (19-65)

I’m not saying I'm aiming to be the worst player in the history of SW:CCG. But someone has to be...right?

Madmanwithabox
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by Madmanwithabox »

Bonza mates, I might be interested, if you require a terrible player.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

londonsean
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by londonsean »

Madmanwithabox wrote:Bonza mates, I might be interested, if you require a terrible player.
That’s all we are at this point :)

OCS 2019 (19-65)

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
LS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

QMa4mI9.png
QMa4mI9.png (69.79 KiB) Viewed 427 times
QMa4mI9.png
QMa4mI9.png (69.79 KiB) Viewed 427 times
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

londonsean
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by londonsean »

I didn’t say bank robbery *wasnt* part of this, Paul.

:)

Hope you’re well mate Image

OCS 2019 (19-65)

stephengascrub

Post by stephengascrub »

First, I changed the thread’s title after Paul’s post...because come on; I just had to. Edit: Changed Title Back to Original Header.

Second, the fact we’re getting some responses is sweet.
Last edited by stephengascrub on July 13th, 2020, 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Re: Hey Kid, I’m Putting Together a Crew

Post by seitaer »

Team poor deck choices

stephengascrub

Post by stephengascrub »

seitaer wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 4:13 pm
Team poor deck choices
Wouldn't Corran and CRG have to be on the team then? Or does their team breakdown our 'bad' decks? :lol:
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Sperling
GEMP Username: Sperling

Post by Sperling »

I'm interested. I've never played a tournament and I just started playing this year after a 15 or so year hiatus. But I've been diving into competitive open play and I'm having lots of fun building decks (5-2 so far in July OCS play with Court (fairly stock, few tweaks) and Hyperdrive (my own build from the ground up). You're probably thinking, "uh oh I was hoping brand new players wouldn't chime in," but I'm the #46 ranked Magic: The Gathering player in the world and I'm learning SWCCG pretty quickly.

I'm in Pacific time zone though, might not be super compatible with London & GA. Not sure how you guys prefer to get together etc. But let me know if you'd like to discuss. :)

stephengascrub

Post by stephengascrub »

Sperling wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 8:19 pm
I'm interested. I've never played a tournament and I just started playing this year after a 15 or so year hiatus. But I've been diving into competitive open play and I'm having lots of fun building decks (5-2 so far in July OCS play with Court (fairly stock, few tweaks) and Hyperdrive (my own build from the ground up). You're probably thinking, "uh oh I was hoping brand new players wouldn't chime in," but I'm the #46 ranked Magic: The Gathering player in the world and I'm learning SWCCG pretty quickly.

I'm in Pacific time zone though, might not be super compatible with London & GA. Not sure how you guys prefer to get together etc. But let me know if you'd like to discuss. :)
You’d be interested in joining our team? That’d be sweet. Honestly, you probably are, or very quickly, will be better than me. I’ve played on and off since Special Edition, and would be more than glad to share whatever I can. I’m sure Sean would too. It’d be an honor to collaborate with someone who has as good a feel for card games as you do. And the 3 hour difference wouldn’t be an issue for me if you ever wanted to play games/discuss things, etc.

I do want to say, in an effort to be transparent, I’m sure other players/teams that are much better than us would love to collaborate/help you. That said, I know I’d be honored to work with you and would be doubly inspired to work at improving, etc.

So yeah, if you’re interested, I’m sure it’d be cool with Sean.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

CoffeePass

Post by CoffeePass »

stephengascrub wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 8:56 pm
Sperling wrote:

You’d be interested in joining our team? That’d be sweet. Honestly, you probably are, or very quickly, will be better than me. I’ve played on and off since Special Edition, and would be more than glad to share whatever I can. I’m sure Sean would too. It’d be an honor to collaborate with someone who has as good a feel for card games as you do. And the 3 hour difference wouldn’t be an issue for me if you ever wanted to play games/discuss things, etc.

I do want to say, in an effort to be transparent, I’m sure other players/teams that are much better than us would love to collaborate/help you. That said, I know I’d be honored to work with you and would be doubly inspired to work at improving, etc.

Stephen is being humble -- he's a good player who keeps up with the meta, and is super open to collaboration and getting better!

Sperling
GEMP Username: Sperling

Post by Sperling »

stephengascrub wrote:
Sperling wrote:

Great, I mention the Magic stuff only to get you comfortable that I'm ready to get to work despite only a couple months of play under my belt, definitely not to suggest the opposite, that I'm looking for only top top players to work with. I'm very much in learn and get comfortable mode. So this sounds like a good fit and I look forward to discussions/testing games. Let me know your preferred method of chatting, for Magic I use Discord, FB messenger, Google Hangout, etc. but I'm flexible. If you're on Slack well I use that for work so that works too.

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

I think you'd be a welcome addition to the SWCCG Slack in general, Sperling, but I don't know how to add/invite people to that. We've been following your career with great interest.
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

TacoBill wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 9:39 pm
I think you'd be a welcome addition to the SWCCG Slack in general, Sperling, but I don't know how to add/invite people to that. We've been following your career with great interest.
https://join.slack.com/t/starwarsccg/sh ... 5Dmcweo3vg

this is an invite link for anyone to use for the slack swccg channel (very active)

https://discord.gg/JuRuVr

this is an invite link for the swccg discord (not very active)
Jerry H

Image Image

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

quesosauce37 wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 9:44 pm
TacoBill wrote:

this is an invite link for anyone to use for the slack swccg channel (very active)

Using slack over discord. What in the world?!
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

stephengascrub

Post by stephengascrub »

Sperling wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 9:34 pm
stephengascrub wrote:
Sperling wrote:

Great, I mention the Magic stuff only to get you comfortable that I'm ready to get to work despite only a couple months of play under my belt, definitely not to suggest the opposite, that I'm looking for only top top players to work with. I'm very much in learn and get comfortable mode. So this sounds like a good fit and I look forward to discussions/testing games. Let me know your preferred method of chatting, for Magic I use Discord, FB messenger, Google Hangout, etc. but I'm flexible. If you're on Slack well I use that for work so that works too.
Sounds good! I’m honestly fine with any of these. If you have a preference just let me know via message or something.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

quesosauce37
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

deck wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 9:59 pm
quesosauce37 wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 9:44 pm
TacoBill wrote:

Using slack over discord. What in the world?!
yea IDK, i prefer discord as well and thats what we use for our podcast, but slack caught on earlier in these parts so it maintains a huge population boost over discord
Jerry H

Image Image

Return to “General Discussion”