Most influential historic decks

SWCCG game play discussion.
Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Re: Most influential historic decks

Post by Hutch »

I tried searching on Polar Haven and couldn’t find Center of Tyranny. Can someone describe the deck?

3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

Hutch wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 12:05 pm
I tried searching on Polar Haven and couldn’t find Center of Tyranny. Can someone describe the deck?
It was a light deck based on Coruscant. You played a lot of ability 2 and 3 rebels, i think you flipped if you blew up a shield generator on courscant and opponent lost 3-5 force. Then when flipped your ability 2/3 rebels got battle and drain bonuses? Probably off somewhat but from a very zoomed out view kinda like no idea in some respects

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

The Franchise wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 1:43 pm
Hutch wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 12:05 pm
It was a light deck based on Coruscant. You played a lot of ability 2 and 3 rebels, i think you flipped if you blew up a shield generator on courscant and opponent lost 3-5 force. Then when flipped your ability 2/3 rebels got battle and drain bonuses? Probably off somewhat but from a very zoomed out view kinda like no idea in some respects
They also got forfeit boosts.

You would start out pulling a system and Wedge (ds2). Then pull another guy and could pull field dressing as well.

You would drop what you could to the power plant on coruscant. Then during your control phase, you would try and blow it. You need a destiny - something for # of rogues there > 5 I think. Then you'd flip and pull any card in reserve deck. When rogues died, they would go to their version of droid racks and keep coming back. They would also be able to steal ships, they would get drain bonuses from Bail I think. It was a really resilient deck that you just didn't expect to be from scrubs.

DVD ROTS
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by DVD ROTS »

Did anyone specifically mention the German beatown WYS deck? That should for sure go in here. Boomrace was a pretty influential deck insofar as it highlighted building to achieve an extreme end (the race/bunker turn). How to Cook a Chevin beautifully presaged a lot of other "fakeout" decks. And I think, as Casey mentioned, Reid's toolbox CCT IG-88 deck was a masterwork and really highlighted how useful destiny manipulation, card selection, and denying your opponent characters can be...
Kevbozzz wrote:When you're crushing Hyperdrive with BHBM, Booker doesn't come rappelling through your kitchen window demanding that you play real decks.

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

DVD ROTS wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 7:37 pm
Did anyone specifically mention the German beatown WYS deck? That should for sure go in here.
Was that the one that would like... battle with han and rfc, play tripler, tun run luke in, clash a guy, saber mess combo a guy, draw a million destinys and you take triple overflow? Yeah that was sweet

DVD ROTS

Post by DVD ROTS »

Yeah, exactly that deck. Tripler, DGC, Life Debt, Run Luke Run, etc.
Kevbozzz wrote:When you're crushing Hyperdrive with BHBM, Booker doesn't come rappelling through your kitchen window demanding that you play real decks.

Return to “General Discussion”