List of Recommended Cards for players to Own

SWCCG game play discussion.
TheLuhks
GEMP Username: Luhks

List of Recommended Cards for players to Own

Post by TheLuhks »

Somewhere (I can't remember where), I heard someone mention a list of recommended cards for players to own. I browsed the forum and main site but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

FINN: I need a weapon.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Re: List of Recommended Cards for players to Own

Post by fungineer »

I think it's this one: viewtopic.php?f=332&t=51974
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

TheLuhks
GEMP Username: Luhks

Post by TheLuhks »

Thank you!
FINN: I need a weapon.

Weyoun9846135
DS Region: Ralltiir
DS Region: Ralltiir
GEMP Username: Weyoun9846

Post by Weyoun9846135 »

fungineer wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 9:08 pm
I think it's this one: viewtopic.php?f=332&t=51974
Be aware that that list is pre-reset, which is why I asked for an update here when I got back into the game three years ago and Bill K. was kind enough to provide some (add-on) answer here. Of course, since again some stuff has happened.
Ulli R. - Berlin, Germany

lord bane
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by lord bane »

I think a good addition to that list would be a price range added to each card. The prices of some of the most needed cards are getting completely out of hand. Eventually, it’s going to hurt the game more than help it if the cards that are required to play a competitive game (in person obviously) are limited to whoever has the biggest checkbook.

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

lord bane wrote:I think a good addition to that list would be a price range added to each card. The prices of some of the most needed cards are getting completely out of hand. Eventually, it’s going to hurt the game more than help it if the cards that are required to play a competitive game (in person obviously) are limited to whoever has the biggest checkbook.
Unfortunately the volatile market makes putting a price range less feasible/useful. What do you do if the guide says you need 3 We Must Accelerate Our Plans and says they should be $30 each (when it was written) and no one has them for less than $50 now? The list should be enough and then players have to make their budgetary decisions themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justin Miyashiro

lord bane
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by lord bane »

That is true. Maybe comprising a list based on tiers in terms of value might be more informative. WMAOP would definitely be in a much higher tier than say a premier or new hope rare. In the overall scheme of things, I think it would be something important to provide to NARPs who may think twice about getting into in person gaming if they only see crazy expensive stop tier cards. Maybe a good idea would be to have a selection of “budget friendly” decks that can be fun and simple to play and use mostly V-cards. This way it’s possible to build the player base up and eventually when it’s safe to have in person gaming again, new players will be excited to come out.

Return to “General Discussion”