LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Re: Set 13 Full Spoiler List

Post by aermet69 »

Echo Base Trooper wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 1:57 am
chrknudsen2 wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 1:47 am
Minor thing, but from what I've found online, it's called 'ID9 Seeker Droid' (without a hyphen). The card has Probe Droid as a subtype, so probably doesn't need it in title?
Seeker is a weapon type with specific rules and we want to avoid any unintended interactions if this has Seeker in its title. It does look like this should be ID9 instead of ID-9 though. Thank you!
Could be ID9 S33ker Droid :)

- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

chrknudsen
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Post by chrknudsen »

That would be n33t!

(Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't quite work.)

alphabeta
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: alphabeta; GalenErso

Post by alphabeta »

Overall I like a lot the concepts developed in set 13. Clearly you have dedicated a ton of work to it, thanks a lot!

I will echo some of The_emp concerns in terms of game text canceling that starts to become more common.

Dooku is a supertank. Is almost an autoinclude Id say. Would very much like to see him deploy 8, -2 if ep1 objective is on table.

Anakin Skywalker seems also OP at first look to me, not only standalone but also in combination with all the other HITCO helpers about to be released.

Curious to see if the Solo cards will lead to a new superNPEfalcon down the road, will be interesting to watch.

Finally, I would have liked to have some kind of resource management required for Hatred cards - especially given all bonuses they give in combination with Inquisitors.
Why having them go back to Lost Pile e.g. when the character they were stacked on is lost, instead of putting them out of play? As is, DS gets all their benefits "for free".

Darkbow
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Darkbow »

rhendon wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 3:42 pm

You're still giving up a 2nd BG in the chasm if you deploy it and then you don't get the pulls from it. If you're putting it back with 3P0, cool, now you are playing cards to find him as well.

You lose Mace as well. You lose Yoda to pull SAC.

You also won't start guts, profundity puller, insurrection (thus forced to play other counters for Elis), and many other effects that are quite good. If you do start another effect, you're giving up something and it is probably wokling. To me, this card design was to get HITCO to play something other than wokling and play a 3rd effect, which is what I'd do.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the chasm isn't a battleground?
However, the following locations are never
battlegrounds:
 holosites,
 Dagobah locations,
 Coruscant: Galactic Senate,
 shielded Hoth or Death Star II locations,
 Jabba's Palace: Audience Chamber when Bo Shuda
is deployed there,
 Tatooine: Podrace Arena while either player has a
race total > 0. While Expand The Empire is deployed
on the Tatooine: Podrace Arena, the adjacent sites
are also prohibited from being battlegrounds while
either player has a race total > 0.
 <> Desert where a Sandwhirl is present.
Marc Nickels
Team Wales

Lo_Thar
Starter
Starter

Post by Lo_Thar »

Shielded Hoth or Shielded Death Star II location

Darkbow
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Darkbow »

You can't shield a DSII location?
Marc Nickels
Team Wales

Bib Fortuna
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by Bib Fortuna »

Darkbow wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 7:44 am
You can't shield a DSII location?
https://res.starwarsccg.org/cards/Image ... shield.gif
image.gif
image.gif (58.38 KiB) Viewed 513 times
image.gif
image.gif (58.38 KiB) Viewed 513 times
They fly now!

Darkbow
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Darkbow »

Interesting if true. I have had this ruled against me in a tournament where I have used presence on the DSII throne room with BHBM with vader present, and was told no force loss was possible from your destiny because DSII sites are never battlegrounds.
Marc Nickels
Team Wales

Darth Eweuge
DS Region: Naboo
DS Region: Naboo

Post by Darth Eweuge »

So all this time we have been playing BHBM wrong, drop the DSII Docking bay play crush to protect your presence of the force on the DB and Vader is a monster at his new BG
2012 - UK Regional Champion
2017 - Ralltiir Regional Champion
Kevin Jaap
TEAM WALES

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Darkbow wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 7:54 am
Interesting if true. I have had this ruled against me in a tournament where I have used presence on the DSII throne room with BHBM with vader present, and was told no force loss was possible from your destiny because DSII sites are never battlegrounds.
The issue is that in typical open play, I'm not sure the last time I've ever seen someone play Non-V endor shield. The virtual version doesn't shield it, thus it remains a battleground. Plus - unless DS is playing TTO, this is unlikely to ever come into play. For your ruling, if a DS or LS player plays hoth sites when 1st marker isn't on table, they'd never be shielded either.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Jnapolit31
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Post by Jnapolit31 »

fungineer wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 9:39 am
Darkbow wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 7:54 am
The issue is that in typical open play, I'm not sure the last time I've ever seen someone play Non-V endor shield. The virtual version doesn't shield it, thus it remains a battleground. Plus - unless DS is playing TTO, this is unlikely to ever come into play. For your ruling, if a DS or LS player plays hoth sites when 1st marker isn't on table, they'd never be shielded either.
Are the DSII sectors shielded or do they just simply have unique deployment rules where neither side can deploy directly to them?
Follow the PC on Twitter @swccg
Subscribe to the PC on YouTube.com/c/StarWarsCCG
Follow me on twitch.tv/JNap31

ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Majors Performance-All players since Sep'14: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults
PC Foil+AI Slip Checklist: tinyurl.com/PCslipsChecklist

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

The latter.

chrknudsen
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Post by chrknudsen »

When I've Been Searching For You For Some Time is used to place Hatred cards in Used Pile, do you get to peek at them?

Berm
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Berm »

Saladas wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 10:59 pm
Bib Fortuna wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 10:54 pm
Honor and ICBW are still options.
right, but i cant think of any situattion where one side is doing direct damage and there isnt some out for the opposing side to shut it off/or prevent it.
LS has to always suffer 1 point of damage here? Old Allies will at least suspend Visage if Rey is at a battleground. Is there no way to shut off the Visage (v) ping for LS in any deck other than Old Allies?

I think Saladas is right, there are no other direct damage cards that have no ways of turning them off (not just reducing the damage, but preventing the damage in the first place). I wouldn't count an objective as sufficient way to turn the damage off as it can't be played in any deck obviously.

*edited to add: it could certainly be added to the 0 side of the objective that LS does not lose force to Visage (v) while that side up.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

couple points of feedback from just a first glance, but want to stress that i have not looked at the game much at all since last year's worlds.

ninth sister. i've heard rops isn't good anymore but if that ever changes this card is near busted in rops.

kessel v. this card i dislike. kessel run v seems like kind of a lynchpin card and getting it canceled feels absolutely brutal especially when it could represent like 4+ cards going lost immediately in addition to losing out on the effects of the kessel run itself. that said, the ways to cancel it are super niche and a wys player could probably realistically expect to go multiple tournaments without ever running into someone playing oota-goota solo. as such, it's probably the correct play to run kessel nonv. your overall win percentage is going to be higher by running the system that lets you drain 3 as opposed to the system that prevents the niche blowout. and it will be no consolation when that blowout actually occurs that you made the +ev choice prior to the tournament. that feels like an uninteresting decision. kessel run seems to me like the type of card that shouldn't be able to be canceled, but this text on kessel is imo not the way to do protect it

everything else i either like or don't have the ability to conceptualize
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

WiseMarsellus wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 1:42 pm
couple points of feedback from just a first glance, but want to stress that i have not looked at the game much at all since last year's worlds.
I have that beat.
ninth sister. i've heard rops isn't good anymore but if that ever changes this card is near busted in rops.
Weird. How come? Not even the best sister in the set, IMO.

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Tom- alter (v) can also cancel the run

Blarg
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Blarg »

That's a really good point by Tom. You can also probably go through a whole tournament without running into Alter (v), so the right decision is probably still to play the drain +1 Kessel. But you will occasionally run into Alter (v) and have a very bad day. We should try to avoid decisions like that. That's why, for example, Tatooine (v) still has all the text that Tatooine non-v had.

Saladas

Post by Saladas »

so do all the cards stacked on kessel run go lost if its altered?

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Saladas wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 6:42 pm
so do all the cards stacked on kessel run go lost if its altered?
Per the leaves table rule, yes.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Return to “General Discussion”