SWCCG game play discussion.
WiseMarsellus

Re: Set 13 Full Spoiler List

Post by WiseMarsellus »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 10:39 pm
Blarg wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 8:13 am
It is also easily fixable -- just make Kessel Run deploy on Kessel v.
This would allow DS to play their kessel and it would then be an invalid target and be canceled
ah too bad. could potentially require han to be at kessel v to take a card in hand from kessel run v

tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

chrknudsen2
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Post by chrknudsen2 »

solomon wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 11:04 am
I gotcha. In my experience, stacking a lot of cards on a single dude holding down a site (meditation, a lightsaber, luke's bionic hand, whatever) only to have him die from a simple game text blanking (cad bane, 4-lom, or FN) just seems like a poor strategy. That being said, I see what you're saying in terms of using him offensively.
Meditation gets lost at end of battle anyway if you use it to add a battle destiny, so it's not like you'll have four cards stacked on Qui-Gon. Just a lightsaber. And if you fear having Qui-Gon with a lightsaber alone because of losing two cards if his immunity gets blanked, I'd dare say you're playing too cautiously. :-D

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

seitaer wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 4:33 pm
Lets just feel good that no matter what we do, we haven't screwed things up as badly as Magic has in 2020.

I feel like a lot of people in this topic with strong opinions should join playtesting, just saying.
Only skimmed the thread, but yeah playtesting is open. We play tested this set for a long time.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

chrknudsen2 wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 11:46 am
solomon wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 11:04 am
I gotcha. In my experience, stacking a lot of cards on a single dude holding down a site (meditation, a lightsaber, luke's bionic hand, whatever) only to have him die from a simple game text blanking (cad bane, 4-lom, or FN) just seems like a poor strategy. That being said, I see what you're saying in terms of using him offensively.
Meditation gets lost at end of battle anyway if you use it to add a battle destiny, so it's not like you'll have four cards stacked on Qui-Gon. Just a lightsaber. And if you fear having Qui-Gon with a lightsaber alone because of losing two cards if his immunity gets blanked, I'd dare say you're playing too cautiously. :-D
QGSJ with a 'saber plus one of the Meditations will be very hard to remove - either you hit him (hard at defense value 7), you blank his immunity (Cad Bane or non-v 4-LOM), or you need to seriously overpower him. And then he probably takes two or three characters with him, leaving you open to a counterbeat.
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

chrknudsen2
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Post by chrknudsen2 »

Yup.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

WiseMarsellus wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 11:32 am
JarJarDrinks wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 10:39 pm
Blarg wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 8:13 am
It is also easily fixable -- just make Kessel Run deploy on Kessel v.
This would allow DS to play their kessel and it would then be an invalid target and be canceled
ah too bad. could potentially require han to be at kessel v to take a card in hand from kessel run v
Not to add fuel to the fire but Kessel V could say "May not be converted".

(You could even put that text on the dark side of the location. If you phrased it as "May never be converted." then it would not be canceled by the WYS 0 side. This could be a little confusing for newbies though.)
Greg Zinn

AdmiralHarkov
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by AdmiralHarkov »

What is the logic behind pinging Audience Chamber users for 1 damage? Are Court/CCT so NPE that they deserve a slap? The new Help Me/Mercenary combo card looks strong and I would play it even without the free damage.

Jedicon
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Jedicon »

AdmiralHarkov wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm
What is the logic behind pinging Audience Chamber users for 1 damage? Are Court/CCT so NPE that they deserve a slap? The new Help Me/Mercenary combo card looks strong and I would play it even without the free damage.
I'm not on D&D, but I suspect the fear of nuking TRM (Court's natural predator) is what led to this.

beebopbananas
GEMP Username: Beebop

Post by beebopbananas »

•Visage Of The Emperor (V)
[Dagobah - R]
DARK - EFFECT
Text: Lose 2 Force to deploy on Vader's Castle. Your Force generation here may not be limited. Each player loses 1 Force at the end of their own turn. Once per turn, may \/ a lightsaber on an Inquisitor. May not be canceled.
[Set 13]
Berm wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 8:57 pm
Was thinking about Visage (v) some more. The 1 damage that never turns off for LS is not in the spirit of the game. There should always be an ability to stop something from doing damage.

I get that Visage (v) does less damage than Visage, so you may want to give it more protections, but it also does more than Visage does with the downloading a saber. I think the reluctance to make the effect uncancelable is because it has the built in saber download. In that case, I think it that text would be better served on a different card.

Instead of making Visage (v) uncancelable, what if you just made it go to used if canceled? DS loses out on the saber download, but both losses are nullified and DS gets a floating 7 back in their deck. It is still grabbable and can be deployed for no force loss if DS is flipped.

I'd still rather see it cancelable ala Visage (non-v).
Agreed, something seems a little off when you have no way to stop the damage. But I do like the fact that it can't be canceled. Ive lost track of how many times LS turn 1 or 2 played Out Of Commission & Transmission Terminated or spy dropped in for the cancel; keyboard flip moments :lol:. How about an additional text stating, effect suspended if Light Side controls Vader's Castle? Light side can turn it off, Dark side can fight to turn it back on, that seems to me to be a good compromise.
A-Always
B-Be
C-Cooking

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

Jedicon wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 9:04 pm
AdmiralHarkov wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm
I'm not on D&D, but I suspect the fear of nuking TRM (Court's natural predator) is what led to this.
I mean those decks are also really strong right now, and tend to doomstack the audience chamber and a system

DerekChng
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: derek

Post by DerekChng »

Looks like 90% of S13 cards are for HDv, Crimson Dawn, WYS. Was hoping to boost some decks/deck themes such as DBO, MBO, Trooper Capturing/Spice Mines...

I am also stumped why CCT was given a major boost recently. The objective is basically Court with a handful of different cards.

Good thing we have GEMP, I'm not so keen on printing and cutting out 100+ slips, plus future erratas.

Utility cards like 'Imperial Code Cylinder' look good and fun in theory, but I feel it will never see top tourney play (or much play for that matter)... no offense to the creator. There are a lot of other v cards that are kinda pointless, i.e. FO pilot Lt Poldin, a handful of Resistance scrubs, etc.

But not taking away from the effort and thought put into this set, well done to all involved.

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

DerekChng wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 3:53 am
Looks like 90% of S13 cards are for HDv, Crimson Dawn, WYS. Was hoping to boost some decks/deck themes such as DBO, MBO, Trooper Capturing/Spice Mines...

I am also stumped why CCT was given a major boost recently. The objective is basically Court with a handful of different cards.

Good thing we have GEMP, I'm not so keen on printing and cutting out 100+ slips, plus future erratas.

Utility cards like 'Imperial Code Cylinder' look good and fun in theory, but I feel it will never see top tourney play (or much play for that matter)... no offense to the creator. There are a lot of other v cards that are kinda pointless, i.e. FO pilot Lt Poldin, a handful of Resistance scrubs, etc.

But not taking away from the effort and thought put into this set, well done to all involved.
I gotta disagree here. Sure, when you just briefly look at it, it seems most of the cards are tied into those 3 objectives but just off the top of my head:

MKOS: new rep and non-unique dude. This is very interesting and I've already tried an MKOS version anticipating these that proved promising.
Dathomir SSA: Getting a destiny manipulating Maul and uncancelable destinies in an open platform. Also something I want to see how far I can get.
Inquisitors: While they have a deck of their own, I think the package or some of them solo can fit well into other decks. Quite well in fact.
Planetary Rings: This in itself opens a couple of decks. Rogue decks, but also an interesting option for Bespin CRv to get Cloud City.
TIEs: Wakeelmui is a solid boost. If this is enough to go somewhere, I don't know for sure. But worth revisiting.

Hyperdrive: Has been on-off useful. I think new Qui-Gon moves it further towards On than Off.
Yoda Master Of The Force: He will surely spawn a bunch of 2/2 clones. If they will show to be as strong as they used to be, we'll see.
Rock: Oh man, don't get me started here. This one is potentially super busted.
Smugglers: While all the solid smuggler cards will surely go into WYS or "WYSv", there are other platforms that can take advantage of these.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

kryptofis
Holotable username: kryptofis
GEMP Username: kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

Yeah, Rock worries me too...
Kryptofis

Bib Fortuna
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by Bib Fortuna »

It’s a rock that’s printed on paper, and cut out with scissors. No wonder it’s powerful.
They fly now!

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Bib Fortuna wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 6:42 am
It’s a rock that’s printed on paper, and cut out with scissors. No wonder it’s powerful.
:noshake: :noshake: :??? :??? :??? :lol: :lol: :yes: :yes: :yes:
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Rock really needs to be in quotation marks.

Therion
DS Region: Bespin
DS Region: Bespin

Post by Therion »

Inquisitors are definitely a bump for most Imperials decks. I don't know about IE, but ROPS would run otherwise terrible Imperials just because they could draw on their own - and I'm sure they'd much rather drop an Inquisitor than Sim Aloo(v). BHBM didn't have that same issue, but there's definitely a bump to the Imperial Enforcement build that was fairly niche before.
aermet69 wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am
I don't see it, will the Stay Sharp/Slight Weapons Malfunction wombo combos be that strong? Or is there something I'm missing?

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

arebelspy wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 8:56 am
Rock really needs to be in quotation marks.
omg. Yes. :!!: :!!: :!!:

beebopbananas
GEMP Username: Beebop

Post by beebopbananas »

aermet69 wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 5:40 am
DerekChng wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 3:53 am

I gotta disagree here. Sure, when you just briefly look at it, it seems most of the cards are tied into those 3 objectives but just off the top of my head:

MKOS: new rep and non-unique dude. This is very interesting and I've already tried an MKOS version anticipating these that proved promising.
Dathomir SSA: Getting a destiny manipulating Maul and uncancelable destinies in an open platform. Also something I want to see how far I can get.
Inquisitors: While they have a deck of their own, I think the package or some of them solo can fit well into other decks. Quite well in fact.
Planetary Rings: This in itself opens a couple of decks. Rogue decks, but also an interesting option for Bespin CRv to get Cloud City.
TIEs: Wakeelmui is a solid boost. If this is enough to go somewhere, I don't know for sure. But worth revisiting.

Hyperdrive: Has been on-off useful. I think new Qui-Gon moves it further towards On than Off.
Yoda Master Of The Force: He will surely spawn a bunch of 2/2 clones. If they will show to be as strong as they used to be, we'll see.
Smugglers: While all the solid smuggler cards will surely go into WYS or "WYSv", there are other platforms that can take advantage of these.
Agreed aermet69, If i may piggy back on you point,

AOBS, Court, MKOS We may see more You'll be Dead builds b/c of the new blasters and A Lawless Time.
ISB Took a hit this round but in a way it got some new toys. I see a transition for ISB that involves a stronger space presence b/c Ozzel v and Control Center (if you can get it on the table). A very pullable Deploy -8 Executor, is very nice. I would love to see if ISB HOTH will work, lots of synergy.
LS Combat QUi-Gon and Yoda will do nicely in this deck and any deck that will take them. Can we make Yado a warrior plzzz lol
Darth Tyranus he'll go into Invasion, DS Senate, any deck that'll take him and boost the ground game well.
•Visage Of The Emperor (V) Obvi good for HD but we may see Vader's Caste SSA run multiple copies of this, phantom menace, mauls ship, masterful moves, Image of the dark lord, lots of juicy 6s-7s floating around.

All this with the caveat that not all of this may necessarily be tournament material. However thats fine, not everything the PC puts out should be for tournament/competitive play anyway. I think this set opens up lots of options for folks whether your a competitive tournament player or humble kitchen counter top warrior. IMHO I think this is the best set to come out since the reset. It seems well thought out, diverse, well tested, and thematic. I hope it plays out well and going forward that this is template for success.
A-Always
B-Be
C-Cooking

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

beebopbananas wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 11:42 pm
•Visage Of The Emperor (V)
[Dagobah - R]
DARK - EFFECT
Text: Lose 2 Force to deploy on Vader's Castle. Your Force generation here may not be limited. Each player loses 1 Force at the end of their own turn. Once per turn, may \/ a lightsaber on an Inquisitor. May not be canceled.
[Set 13]
Berm wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 8:57 pm
Was thinking about Visage (v) some more. The 1 damage that never turns off for LS is not in the spirit of the game. There should always be an ability to stop something from doing damage.

I get that Visage (v) does less damage than Visage, so you may want to give it more protections, but it also does more than Visage does with the downloading a saber. I think the reluctance to make the effect uncancelable is because it has the built in saber download. In that case, I think it that text would be better served on a different card.

Instead of making Visage (v) uncancelable, what if you just made it go to used if canceled? DS loses out on the saber download, but both losses are nullified and DS gets a floating 7 back in their deck. It is still grabbable and can be deployed for no force loss if DS is flipped.

I'd still rather see it cancelable ala Visage (non-v).
Agreed, something seems a little off when you have no way to stop the damage. But I do like the fact that it can't be canceled. Ive lost track of how many times LS turn 1 or 2 played Out Of Commission & Transmission Terminated or spy dropped in for the cancel; keyboard flip moments :lol:. How about an additional text stating, effect suspended if Light Side controls Vader's Castle? Light side can turn it off, Dark side can fight to turn it back on, that seems to me to be a good compromise.
this whole deck feels weird to me, and not just visage. it feels like all of the bonuses on the objective are on the 0 side and for remainder of game. seems like the destiny bump at least should be on the back. but then i haven't played it yet, so i'm trusting in playtesting to make sure it's balanced and fun.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Return to “General Discussion”