Fantasy Worlds

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

DDM wrote:I wonder why when reid loses, it's always due to the opponent cheating.
:roll:

Pick your words, man.
If mistakes happen during the game, they can happen in good faith.
My guess is that if you didn't caught them, well... then there's some good probability that they were in good faith.

Cheating = you have proof the opponent cheated.
Else, you'd better watch your words.

Btw, I am at 20.
Even though :
- I'm the only player who placed constantly well at EC during those 3 years (2nd, 2nd, 4th) where a plethora of top guys/WC are playing.
- if rules weren't bent/screwed by the PC at WC05, I would have won all tournaments (not speaking of the main one), since I won the Classic tournament, the Sealed DEck one (beated Drew Scott there too with an inferior card pool), and Day 3 consolation tournament (ended up 2nd with alden coming up 1st without playing vs me and being in Day 3). I would have taken 8th place too at WC05 in Day 2 if the PC didn't rob me of 20 differential game 1.
- i play unexpected decks, and I do it well

But honestly I like being at 20. This allows me to pick myself and other guys at this game. 8)
Also, it's nice to be in an outsider role :D
Prove to us you're a good player, and go beat Bastian a few times out there.

SirYoda
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by SirYoda »

3MW0J8 wrote:too bad he had to cheat to do it
I asked Aglets for the ruling before I made the move. He said it was legal. And I don't remember you complaining either. If he would have ruled differently (correctly), I would have had a different play and you still would have lost. All I had to do was xfer the armor, persona replace Leia, then xfer it back all in the same deploy phase. Not hard; it just meant I would draw 3 fewer cards at the end of that turn.

But hey, if the "he cheated" concept is that important to you for the sake of your ego, then have at it. I am a cheating bastard. ;)
STEVEN LEWIS
James Paul Booker wrote:Steve Lewis came in like Winston Wolfe and pulled out a wad of cash...

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Reid and I apparently both missed that when it occurred, and I regret it. But stuff happens and life goes on, I know for a fact that that mistake won't happen again.

It does make me sad that apparently there was some implied deception going on.......but I can't say that he cheated given the ruling that was provided.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

aww i'm just stirrin up *

u didnt have enough force to transfer the armor cuz u paid 6 to nabrun that turn. if i had caught it u would have been stuck. but i didnt, i cant catch everything. i caught rippetoe trying to get lateral damage with crossfire that day; i missed hollingsworth not putting blizzard 4 out of play when he had no force left at end of one of his turns; the important thing is to notice your mistakes and learn from them. i dont mean to cheapen ur victory, especially 6 months after teh fact.

aglets is right when he says that mistake won't happen again
ddm is right in that u get the benefit of the doubt
ddm is wrong when he says that when i lose, it's due to my opponent's cheating. idk where that remark came from. pick YOUR words, "man" :roll:

PS im still working on my fantasy picks, i know yinz are all dying
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

DDM

Post by DDM »

Pistone84 wrote:Prove to us you're a good player, and go beat Bastian a few times out there.
Already done.
He's still superior as a player, imho, but like I said, I have nothing to prove on that matter.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

DDM

Post by DDM »

3MW0J8 wrote:ddm is wrong when he says that when i lose, it's due to my opponent's cheating. idk where that remark came from. pick YOUR words, "man" :roll:
Maybe i'm wrong (I don't know you), but I heard you twice speaking about a game you lost.
And twice you said the opponent cheated.
So the feeling i got wasn't based on senseless facts.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

SirYoda
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by SirYoda »

Aglets wrote:It does make me sad that apparently there was some implied deception going on...
Huh? Let me just say there was absolutely no attempt whatsoever at deception on my part (if that's what you were referring to). I honestly did not remember the persona replacement rules as to whether it targeted modified power or printed power. That's why I asked you for the ruling BEFORE I even played the Nabrun! If I were trying to pull something over on you, I wouldn't have asked at all. And if you would have told me no when I asked, I would have either found the Force to xfer the armor, or I would have left Leia behind. She only had a power of 12 in the battle. It wouldn't have made that much of a difference. ;)

And just so I'm clear about this too, nothing Reid said offended me. I'm sure you don't really think I was trying to cheat. I'm just "stirring up poop" too. ;)
STEVEN LEWIS
James Paul Booker wrote:Steve Lewis came in like Winston Wolfe and pulled out a wad of cash...

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

newhorizans wrote:Of course, each year would make a player come out with a different score, but it just seems like these lists are all based on what has happened this year or maybe alittle from last year.
Bingo.

You need to chillax pal. It was all just in fun. I even said in the beginning that no one reported any finishes to me, so I went with what I had. Also said it was going to be baised towards the east coast.

However, in hindsight, DDM should probably be worth a few more points.

RSmith - L2Math
Last edited by TacoBill on October 6th, 2006, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

yavinite
Starter
Starter

Post by yavinite »

chu, shaw, and s. lewis. if i was going, id vote for myself, but ill be in vegas.
Star Wars!

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

yavinite wrote:chu, shaw, and s. lewis. if i was going, id vote for myself, but ill be in vegas.
Chu likely isn't going, Sokol told me he'll likely be in the process of switching jobs and can't attend.

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

ah, ok, apparently i read between the lines when there was nothing there to read. My apologies Steve. You played well on that day, and I look forward to maybe getting some games in against you and/or the rest of team TN in Chicago.

Feel free to get back to your regularly scheduled programming of stirring up poop. :)
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

DominicG
Starter
Starter

Post by DominicG »

Natural progression of a card player:
go fish (84-94) < Magic (94-96) < SWCCG (96-current) <
Poker (2004-broke)

lol

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

deadbody wrote:
No denying that I never made day 3, but I did OK the last 2 WI states I attended 5th and 4th. Both times my only losses were very close games.
You're welcome.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Jim Jerriko wrote:
deadbody wrote:
No denying that I never made day 3, but I did OK the last 2 WI states I attended 5th and 4th. Both times my only losses were very close games.
You're welcome.
You gave me 1 of 4 Jim, and the only one by more than 4 force. Jim Li, Eric Olson, and Corey Faherty were the others.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

deadbody wrote:
Jim Jerriko wrote:
deadbody wrote:
You're welcome.
You gave me 1 of 4 Jim, and the only one by more than 4 force. Jim Li, Eric Olson, and Corey Faherty were the others.
Relax, I told you a buy you a beer.

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

And how would any tie breakers be sorted out? Someone already picked the people I would pick.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Jim Jerriko wrote:
deadbody wrote:
Jim Jerriko wrote:
deadbody wrote:
You're welcome.
Relax, I told you a buy you a beer.
Not at all agitated. I just wanted to point out that I've never been blown out at WI states.

I look forward to seeing everyone at worlds (again.)
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

and now teh moment uve all been waiting for:

RSMITH'S FANTASY PIX

me (40)
schele (30)
nitsuj (30)

pretty sure it adds up to 100 this time
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

DTartagOne

Post by DTartagOne »

Time for my picks:

R. Smith 40
Nate Meeker 35
Pat Johnson 15
ME (Dan Tartaglione) 10

Yeah I know I'm a noob, but I feel lucky

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

Jim Jerriko wrote:And how would any tie breakers be sorted out? Someone already picked the people I would pick.

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”