Fantasy Worlds

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

aglets is laughing about the stuff. really.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Pistone84 wrote:aglets is laughing about the stuff. really.
Tell you guys what. If Tim PM's me that he is laughing about this stuff, and you quit trying to use the term for him that is offensive. I'll let you give him crap all you want.

Until I know that Tim isn't being offended (like I know Kevin isn't having spoken to him about his whale tagging) I can't just let that stuff slide.

Seem fair?
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Schele wrote:How do you know Kevin doesn't cry in his office everytime you make fun of his love for whales?
Because he tries to set himself up for those situations..

:P

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

Have you guys seen Jackarse 2? If you have, you'd know there's a scene made just for me.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

deadbody wrote:(like I know Kevin isn't having spoken to him about his whale tagging)
To me it's irrelevant whether or not he's offended. It's annoying to read over and over in 10x threads. Put it in off topic or the smack talk only thread, but when it creeps into every thread you guys participate in it's stupid, whether or not he's offended.
3MW0J8 wrote:all i know is from now on i better not have to put up with posts by deadbody talking about certain individuals' soft spots for fat girls, or how often certain swccg players get laid. talk about way over the line and having no redeeming value.
(Emphasis mine.)

-arebelspy

Cheko
DS Region: Coruscant
DS Region: Coruscant

Post by Cheko »

My Fantasy Picks

are

Reid
Nate
and myself (Pat Johnson)

Nitsuj
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Nitsuj »

Reid Smith (40)
Nate Meeker (35)
Jared Lockwood (25)

Meeker at 35? I think its right, but I'm surprised that he is getting such mad respect.

Me at 30? That's a little high

DDM at 20? That's a little high :P
Justin Stratton, Northeast Ohio

Play SWCCG online at GEMP

aeneas23
LS Region: Dantooine
LS Region: Dantooine

Post by aeneas23 »

deadbody wrote:Garrett Larson 25
Mike Pistone 30
DDM 20
CubsFan :) 10
Nick Reisch 15

There are my picks. I figure me and Pistone and DDM are a lock for day 3. Schele could be subsituted for Pistone, but I have more faith in Mike:)

Nick reisch has some talent and Kevin, well, I had 10 points to spare, and a buddys feelings to prop up. Plus if he is willing to have me and Raveling help him build decks he has a shot.
I'm honored by being picked. But doesn't this sort of hamstring me as I'm somewhat obligated to pick you in return? :lol:

Although, you may have more room to pick up a higher numbered player because I may have to downgrade myself to a write-in depending on how much deckbuilding I get done this weekend.

On a note to Kafer, how do I end up only being a 15 based on what you know? I'm not saying I don't deserve to be there (I think that's probably about right), but the only two events where I would have gained any national recognition were last's Worlds (I believe I finished at like 14th) and the Yavin 4 Regional (I think I was 8th?). Doesn't that earn me the opportunity to be ranked a 20 so that I could downgrade myself to a 15? 8)

newhorizans
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by newhorizans »

Man, who picked these ratings. Drew is a 30, yet has vanished for the whole year of 2006. Steven is a 30, yet beat Reid in final for the Y4 Title, AND is the only active player to have made a final in this game back when it was TRULY impossible. To get 2nd in 1999 was like God like, and you have Rip, DDM, and myself all at just 20.

I know this is just one guy's opinion, but I think this can't be done properly for SWCCG. Each year is different, and there will always be the aspect of luck that you just don't have with Sports.

Are you going to say that Drew is better than Reid because he beat him in day 3 of Worlds '05?? No way, yet you rank people based on their current play through tournaments not over the whole ability of the player over the entire game existence. Of course, each year would make a player come out with a different score, but it just seems like these lists are all based on what has happened this year or maybe alittle from last year.

Anyway, I am not going to do this. Its totally a waste of time to try and pick the out come of a random luck card game.

Heck, one of the 10 guys who isn't even listed could win the whole thing JUST because he was playing Hidden Base and always had to play against Huntdown all day. Just because of the matchup, he had a HUGE advantage over the better player who had to play Hidden Base vs SYCFA all day. It will happen this year too. At least in sports you can look at the team as a whole, and the schedule of the team that year before you draft your team.

We are picking players based on no knowledge of their pairs, or what decks they are playing, nor the playing time and practice they have spent over the past months and even years. Its ALL up in the Air.

Again, waste of time.
Brandon Ruck
Member of Team TN

Image Also visit Ebay Store for everyday low prices.

SirYoda
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by SirYoda »

Steven Lewis 30
Brandon Ruck 20
Brian Rippetoe 20
Micah Wooten 15
Danny Pack 10

I place my entire vote on Team TN, with 5 points to spare.
STEVEN LEWIS
James Paul Booker wrote:Steve Lewis came in like Winston Wolfe and pulled out a wad of cash...

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

newhorizans wrote:To get 2nd in 1999 was like gosh like, and you have Rip, DDM, and myself all at just 20.
Yes, but need I remind you that was SEVEN years ago. I think Kafer's list is pretty good based on what people have done LATELY. I do think the two players at 35, maybe aren't as good as some of the ones at 30, and that maybe Brian Hunter and Brian Fred should be more than 20.

If you dislike the list, why don't you make your own?

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

newhorizans wrote:is the only active player to have made a final in this game back when it was TRULY impossible. To get 2nd in 1999 was like gosh like, and you have Rip, DDM, and myself all at just 20.
Um, being good in the past =/ being good now.

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

Just because someone did well 7 years ago doesn't mean they'll do well today. You have to base it on recent success. Ruck, are you just offended because you're not the top point getter despite scrubbing out of day 2 the last two years in a row?

KeonUlic
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by KeonUlic »

Here are my picks! I am just glad to be a 15! Have to agree with Steven on this one!

Steven Lewis 30
Brandon Ruck 20
Brian Rippetoe 20
Micah Wooten 15
Danny Pack 10
Micah Wooten
Member of Team Tennessee and Team IT

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

reid is higher than steve cause the only common event was swiss reid went 6-0 steve went 4-2. if that happens at worlds steve doesnt make the final and rsmith is world champ

no lowballing, sorry team tn

oh and btw meeker is the real deal- that guy is GOOD, and the best of the 4 Team Ohio players

and like i said in another thread- i think its toiugher to win now. cause there aren't 100 randoms at each event- worlds may have 40 people, and anyone except kevin, mn players or team texas can maybe win. the competition is more concentrated now-

also goof decks, i dunno, they win but its not broken stuff like numbers back in teh day

also i'd never put money on steve lewis to WIN an event :wink:
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

Plus, the way the meta is set up, it's difficult to outplay players to a major extent like could be done in previous years.

XZypher
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by XZypher »

Schele wrote:Plus, the way the meta is set up, it's difficult to outplay players to a major extent like could be done in previous years.
Now is it just me or is that wrong the better player should win by out playing the opponent

Nitsuj
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Nitsuj »

Brad Eier wrote:oh and btw meeker is the real deal- that guy is GOOD, and the best of the 4 Team Ohio players
Quoted for truth, is that what the kids say these days. Nate Meeker is the all around best player for Team Ohio.
Justin Stratton, Northeast Ohio

Play SWCCG online at GEMP

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

newhorizans wrote:. Steven is a 30, yet beat Reid in final for the Y4 Title

too bad he had to cheat to do it
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

DDM

Post by DDM »

I wonder why when reid loses, it's always due to the opponent cheating.
:roll:

Pick your words, man.
If mistakes happen during the game, they can happen in good faith.
My guess is that if you didn't caught them, well... then there's some good probability that they were in good faith.

Cheating = you have proof the opponent cheated.
Else, you'd better watch your words.

Btw, I am at 20.
Even though :
- I'm the only player who placed constantly well at EC during those 3 years (2nd, 2nd, 4th) where a plethora of top guys/WC are playing.
- if rules weren't bent/screwed by the PC at WC05, I would have won all tournaments (not speaking of the main one), since I won the Classic tournament, the Sealed DEck one (beated Drew Scott there too with an inferior card pool), and Day 3 consolation tournament (ended up 2nd with alden coming up 1st without playing vs me and being in Day 3). I would have taken 8th place too at WC05 in Day 2 if the PC didn't rob me of 20 differential game 1.
- i play unexpected decks, and I do it well

But honestly I like being at 20. This allows me to pick myself and other guys at this game. 8)
Also, it's nice to be in an outsider role :D
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”