Team Stephenville Daily (World Playtesting)

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

yeah i can't believe we missed that....that deck was ridic even without that engine though. ellors madak + mwyhl = broken.

ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Wednesday, Oct. 11

Well again no playtesting last night (Stupid D&D). However it did give me a chance to watch Veronica Mars and fix Lightside #2 and #3 and build a Watto deck. I didn't really have to put much thought into this but due to the fact that the best and latest Watto Decks on Decktech are still Sim Aloo decks. I went with a Watto/Mains deck with matching ships for space. I don't really like the destiny but oh well. If anyone has any suggestions for a Watto deck, I would greatly appreciate it. Also due to the conversation on here and the posting of a MWYHL in the SW decks forum, I decided that we need to test against MWYHL. I think its a slow deck and isn't Worlds worthy due to this. Don't get me wrong I think its a solid deck but not during a 1 hour timeframe. However, there are people alot better with it than me with it so I'm willing to test against it. Darkside deck #1 really needs to test against MWYHL.

Here is a list of decks we are testing against right now.

Lightside decks are testing against:

Huntdown
Combat
AOBS
Ral-ops
Watto
BHBM

Darkside decks are testing against:

LS Senate
Hidden Base
WYS
MWYHL
Endor Mains
Hyperdrive

We'll be playtesting tonight...finally. Should be good session.

DDM

Post by DDM »

You forgot Endor Ewoks. ;)
Anyway, I appreciate the effort and the nice thread.
It would be utopical to ask every team / player to do the same, but it's nice nonetheless.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

How can you not be testing against FWKITL(V) decks?

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

Schele wrote:How can you not be testing against FWKITL(V) decks?
Granted I think FWKTIL decks are powerful, but Brandon didn't you used to say (even after FWKTIL was released) that big blue decks aren't Tier 1?

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Who says we haven't or won't in the future. We still have a good week before worlds. Thats the list of current decks we are testing against. Also I've always been a fan of Fear and pre-redux was playing it heavily. We have played it and against it alot, but thanks for the suggestion.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

CubsFan wrote:
Granted I think FWKTIL decks are powerful, but Brandon didn't you used to say (even after FWKTIL was released) that big blue decks aren't Tier 1?
You do still need to be able to beat them though. If your opponent is playing one even if it is Tier 2 and you aren't ready for it you will have problems.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

Garrett basically answered your question for me.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Schele wrote:Garrett basically answered your question for me.
Just striving to reach your level of cool B-dizzle.

Can I call you B-dizzle?

Thanks.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

deadbody wrote:Just striving to reach your level of cool B-dizzle.
That level cannot be attained by someone like yourself.

And no, B-dizzle just makes you sound like more of an artard.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Schele wrote:
deadbody wrote:Just striving to reach your level of cool B-dizzle.
That level cannot be attained by someone like yourself.

And no, B-dizzle just makes you sound like more of an artard.
Sorry B-dizzle. but I gotta keep trying.
Image Image

Anodos
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Anodos »

I'll bring down a MWYHL this weekend that will knock you silly.
Blake Huffman

You know what I'm talking about. This is just like that time Captain Picard wanted Luke to go with Treebeard but Luke was all "I don't know what you're talking about, do you mean this dragon I caught?" and Captain Picard was all NO RETARD, I mean go with that tree and Luke just kept talking to his friends Anakin and Jar-Jar and then he left Picard on Mordor and forgot about it completely. I love that episode.

Quoted from an email my wife sent me.

Loyal Man
Starter
Starter

Where are y'all playing?!?!

Post by Loyal Man »

Hey this is Gabe. I live in San antonio and I could definitely give y'all some practice if you're up to it. I have some sneaky decks..... Drop me a line 386-212-1783 PEACE
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Anodos
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Anodos »

gabe, are you set up to play online?
Blake Huffman

You know what I'm talking about. This is just like that time Captain Picard wanted Luke to go with Treebeard but Luke was all "I don't know what you're talking about, do you mean this dragon I caught?" and Captain Picard was all NO RETARD, I mean go with that tree and Luke just kept talking to his friends Anakin and Jar-Jar and then he left Picard on Mordor and forgot about it completely. I love that episode.

Quoted from an email my wife sent me.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

watto: start Power of the Hutt, pull the barge V, pull the deck, put Scum on the barge, and play it as a scum deck. try that.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

thehooky
LS Region: Endor
LS Region: Endor

Post by thehooky »

watto: start Power of the Hutt, pull the barge V, pull the deck, put Scum on the barge, and play it as a scum deck. try that.

hmmm i wonder were you would come up with something like that? oh yeah me!!!

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Thursday, Oct. 12

Well, we did some more play-testing last night. We got in about 6 games, no thanks to Bob and his racquetball nonsense. Any ways I went ahead and built a mains version of Watto and it was decent. The destiny was, as I feared, terrible. I could hit with lightsaber swing but my BD was always low. Not to mention I played quite a few Mauls and I couldn't get him out for the life of me. Bob's strategy was to take the direct damage and not let me deploy anything for free. It worked out well for him. I beat him one game and than he beat me by 6 force in the next. We then did some testing on Lightside #3 only to find out that it didn't work right. I could actually get it to work right but it would call for more pulling and the deck already does enough of that. Right now my Lightside #1 is worth giving more time too, tho I hate the fact that it is hard-core weak to our Darkside #1. There has not been a tourney this year where Bob and I haven't had to play against each other (except for OK states, cause he wasn't there).

We tested Bob's lightside against his Huntdown, but I don't think it was a very good test. 1 No Escape and only 1 Effect grabber + Honor of the Jedi = Hard time for JW cause Visage does nothing. Any ways it was still pretty close I think. I'm really looking forward to play-testing with Blake this weekend. Bob is the greatest but we have played a lot of SWCCG together in the past year and its always nice to play against different people. Hopefully Star Wars Sunday will be a go on Sunday and we can play some games with Steven. If not oh well. Today is Thursday so that gives Bob and I exactly 1 week before play-testing will be over. The 59th and 60th card choice need to be made for the Darkside #1 and the 1st - 60th card choices need to be made for a Lightside. Lightside #3 is official out of the picture for Day 2 or Day 3. I refuse to play the deck unless its done my way and since my way isn't working I won't play the deck. Lets hope play-testing this weekend goes well and we come out of it with a positive outlook on upcoming Worlds ‘06.

Note: Stephenville High School ranked #2 in Texas is going for its 6th win of the season. Woot!!!

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

Sounds like your random LS decks are just like everyone else's random LS decks... it either loses to HD or SYC, and cannot reliably beat both. Of course, your DS deck #1 could be super sweet unheard of jank... but I doubt it.

Either way, playtesting is frustrating, since it's tough to find a LS deck that beats HD reliably...

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Schele wrote:Sounds like your random LS decks are just like everyone else's random LS decks... it either loses to HD or SYC, and cannot reliably beat both. Of course, your DS deck #1 could be super sweet unheard of jank... but I doubt it.

Either way, playtesting is frustrating, since it's tough to find a LS deck that beats HD reliably...
Darkside #1 isn't any jank or tech, its just a typical deck using the right cards to its advantage.

I'll be looking into MWYHL this weekend but I still think its to slow for Tourney play.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Asphalizo wrote:
Schele wrote:Sounds like your random LS decks are just like everyone else's random LS decks... it either loses to HD or SYC, and cannot reliably beat both. Of course, your DS deck #1 could be super sweet unheard of jank... but I doubt it.

Darkside #1 isn't any jank or tech, its just a typical deck using the right cards to its advantage.

I'll be looking into MWYHL this weekend but I still think its to slow for Tourney play.
MWYHL is fine for tourney play if you play fast. If you are playing slow then it is a problem.

The deck still sucks though. Word B-Dizzle.
Image Image

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”