Team Stephenville Daily (World Playtesting)

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

I'm going to have to agree with Kevin. It's like reading a blog, only far less amusing(no unintentional comedy), and no details. As you eliminated decks, you should at least reveal what they were.

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

Schele wrote:I'm going to have to agree with Kevin.
See what you made me do? DO YOU SEE?

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

CubsFan wrote:
Oh com'n look what I've done. I've taken Brandon and brought him to an agreement with Kevin. That my friends is a miracle. I am a miracle worker.

I'm going to reveal some stuff later on tonight with better details.

Rogue4
Retired Advocate

Post by Rogue4 »

In the interest of full disclosure I will attempt to fill in the holes presented by the following account.
CubsFan wrote: Today I woke up at this random fat chicks house and got ready for work. I make my living as a second string rodeo clown, and take the short bus to work. When I got there, I was happy to see that one of my coworkers had bought some fat chicks! I was so freaking excited because I was really hungry. Later I got a call from my 120lbs circus-midget girlfriend who told me that he has been having an affair with the neighbor's pet wombat. Wow, that's huge! So I went to see my trans-gender shrink, who's the head of Waste Management, IL. And he said we should try and do more fat chicks together. I can see why he holds that position, he's pretty insightful.

(my story's about as interesting to read as their playtesting reports, for just about the same reason)
May the game never die...and may you always let the wookiee win.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Rogue4 wrote:In the interest of full disclosure I will attempt to fill in the holes presented by the following account.
CubsFan wrote: Today I woke up at this random fat chicks house and got ready for work. I make my living as a second string rodeo clown, and take the short bus to work. When I got there, I was happy to see that one of my coworkers had bought some fat chicks! I was so freaking excited because I was really hungry. Later I got a call from my 120lbs circus-midget girlfriend who told me that he has been having an affair with the neighbor's pet wombat. Wow, that's huge! So I went to see my trans-gender shrink, who's the head of Waste Management, IL. And he said we should try and do more fat chicks together. I can see why he holds that position, he's pretty insightful.

(my story's about as interesting to read as their playtesting reports, for just about the same reason)
Dude, you must rock at madlibs.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

Kizakh
LS Region: Endor
LS Region: Endor

Post by Kizakh »

Does this mean CubsFan carpools with Asphalizo?
Regis Michelena, Team Wyoming
These power converters are awesome!

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Schele wrote:As you eliminated decks, you should at least reveal what they were.
Good call.

-arebelspy

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Ok, here is some info and stuff:

AOBS starting Den of Thieves (V) (20-1)
http://www.decktech.net/starwarsccg/dec ... deck=35760

MWYHL 3-1
LS Senate 4-0
Endor Mains 2-0
WYS - 4-0
Hidden Base 2-0
Throne Room 4-0
LS Combat 1-0

Lightsaber Combat Dueling (7-3)

http://www.decktech.net/starwarsccg/dec ... deck=35767

QMC w/ Aliens 0-2
LS Senate 1-0
Hyperdive Obi Start 2-1
WYS 2-1
LS Combat (Haven't Tested Yet)
Endor Mains 1-0

Huntdown w/ Walkers (10-6)

WYS 4-2
Hidden Base 2-0
LS Senate 1-1
QMC w/ Aliens 1-1
LS Combat (Haven't Tested Yet)
Secret Tech Deck #4 2-1
Throne Room 0-1

LS Senate (7-5)

Huntdown 2-1
AOBS 0-4
Watto 1-0
Endor Ops 2-0
BHBM 2-0
SYCFA (Haven't Tested Yet)

WYS w/ optional Obi Start (5-9)

Huntdown 2-4
AOBS 0-4
Watto 1-0
Combat 1-0
Ral-Ops 0-1
Endor Ops 1-0
BHBM (Haven't Tested Yet)
SYCFA (Haven't Tested Yet)

Hidden Base w/ Tech that didn't work (0-4)

Huntdown 0-2
AOBS 0-2

Lightside (aka Secret Tech Deck) #4 (1-2)

Huntdown 1-2

QMC Aliens (3-0)
http://www.decktech.net/starwarsccg/dec ... deck=35754

Huntdown 2-0
Combat 1-0

Note: These are rough numbers. Lightside decks have changed many times and thus cannot reflect accurate numbers. This also does not account for differences in Decktypes (ex. 2 different types of Huntdown decks). Some decks have been around longer and therefore have seen more action.
Last edited by Asphalizo on November 2nd, 2006, 9:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Lord Helmet
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Lord Helmet »

CubsFan wrote:
LOL, is that a Red Dragon reference Kevin?
Bryan Batdorf
Founder of Team Stephenville, a subsidiary of Team Texas
Recent 4-4 at my first Worlds! I RULE.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Well see. The light deck that shaw and I tweaked for him to play is owning Huntdown now. We had some problems in the past with it and make some tweaks. Once we did that, it isnt an issue. Fear v seems to be something it can beat now also, but its only 2-1 in the testing since the changes.

one more tweak today and I think we will get it.

Definately know that this deck and the other deck will be the day 2/3 decks for him.
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Wednesday, Oct 18

Sweet 2 more days till Chicago. I hope everyone has fun tomorrow. I wish that Team Stephenville could be there to represent but alas we cannot. I didn't want to have to take that much time off work. Last night two things happened. First, I designed a new T-Shirt for Team Stephenville and second Bob and I playtested. Right now we are refining the 2 lightside decks that we are looking at playing. We tested Lightside #1 against BHBM (its was the updated deck Anodos posted on the forums) are lightside went 2-0. It was too quick for the BHBM and beat it at its own game. We also tested Darkside #1 against LS Combat. The same was true in this matchup also. Darkside #1 was too quick and set-up quickly enough to be able to bring the fight to Naboo quickly. I don't know how much of a test the LS Combat deck was tho. I built it too quickly and it didn't exaclty have alot of cards that would make it an all around solid combat deck. Oh well, it gave us enough to know what to do against it.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

Asphalizo wrote:Ok, here is some info and stuff:

Darkside #1 (20-1)

MWYHL 3-1
there is seriously not a single matchup that i could possible lose 3 out of 4 games to with my MWYHL. not a single matchup. not hd. not bhbm. not lsc. not senate. not endor ops. not black sun.

unless darkside #1 is fwktil v. and in that case, it def wouldn't be 20-1 in playtesting. cause fwktil v sucks.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

Maybe they have some super new awesome DS deck? Either that or they don't know how to use MWYHL...

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

mikefrench wrote:
Asphalizo wrote:Ok, here is some info and stuff:

Darkside #1 (20-1)

MWYHL 3-1
there is seriously not a single matchup that i could possible lose 3 out of 4 games to with my MWYHL. not a single matchup. not hd. not bhbm. not lsc. not senate. not endor ops. not black sun.

unless darkside #1 is fwktil v. and in that case, it def wouldn't be 20-1 in playtesting. cause fwktil v sucks.
Ord Mantell Operatives with Rodians to protect the drain bonuses.

I'm scared of this deck, saw a kid playing it on Saturday, and the raw power of it has me frightened. I'm spending my entire drive to chicago brainstorming on how to handle it.

MWYHL FTL!
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

Anodos
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Anodos »

I know how to play MWYHL and the one loss for darkside #1 against it was by me this weekend.
Blake Huffman

You know what I'm talking about. This is just like that time Captain Picard wanted Luke to go with Treebeard but Luke was all "I don't know what you're talking about, do you mean this dragon I caught?" and Captain Picard was all NO RETARD, I mean go with that tree and Luke just kept talking to his friends Anakin and Jar-Jar and then he left Picard on Mordor and forgot about it completely. I love that episode.

Quoted from an email my wife sent me.

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

Anodos wrote:I know how to play MWYHL and the one loss for darkside #1 against it was by me this weekend.
So the 3 wins were flukes?

Anodos
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Anodos »

no I just don't think that they are comfortable with MWYHL.
Blake Huffman

You know what I'm talking about. This is just like that time Captain Picard wanted Luke to go with Treebeard but Luke was all "I don't know what you're talking about, do you mean this dragon I caught?" and Captain Picard was all NO RETARD, I mean go with that tree and Luke just kept talking to his friends Anakin and Jar-Jar and then he left Picard on Mordor and forgot about it completely. I love that episode.

Quoted from an email my wife sent me.

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Schele wrote:
Anodos wrote:I know how to play MWYHL and the one loss for darkside #1 against it was by me this weekend.
So the 3 wins were flukes?
Actually, it comes down to my lack of familiarity with MWYHL. On Saturday when I played Anodos, I hadn't played against in along time. Even then I still wasn't familiar with it. It wasn't until the other night when I got with Bobby to playtest that I understood the deck more. I played the deck twice both times losing to Darkside #1. However seeing how Bob played against it and playing the deck myself I came to an understanding of how to play against it. We turned around and Bob played the MWYHL and I played the Darkside #1. Bob is no slouch (Anodos or Lord Helmet can back me up on that), and is not as inexperienced with MWYHL as I was. He easily played the deck better than me and yet I was able to beat him.

The key is early damage. Getting out No Escape and getting off good drains and direct damage quickly and early is key. If you can get off 5 - 7 force loss per turn from Test #3 to Test #5 you're going to be ok. If they come at you then that is disruptive to their deck. Also a well timed Control & Set for Stun with a tracked 6 is golden. I'm not saying the our Darkside #1 is going to win everytime against MWYHL. I've played enough SW to know that things don't all ways go they way they are needed, but its definitely a winnable match-up.

Note: The MWHYL was a traditional version that tested Luke not Leia.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

Asphalizo wrote:The key is early damage. Getting out No Escape and getting off good drains and direct damage quickly and early is key. If you can get off 5 - 7 force loss per turn from Test #3 to Test #5 you're going to be ok.
5-7 damage a turn how? force drain bonuses = canceled, and projection one of the drains usually. is there some occupation going on here? cause in hunt down, if you say 1 turn = your turn + my turn, visage + 2 bg drains (mobile sites) + s&d + emp power = 8 damage MAX. and that does not all get set up in one turn. and if it does, i guarantee mwyhl could at LEAST cancel s&d.

Asphalizo wrote: If they come at you then that is disruptive to their deck. Also a well timed Control & Set for Stun with a tracked 6 is golden.
them coming at you is their game plan, once test 3 is completed usually. or earlier if you leave yourself open. and you should read the way of things.
Asphalizo wrote:Note: The MWHYL was a traditional version that tested Luke not Leia.
there's part of your problem. luke v gives you faster setup, but takes away luke w/lightsaber (or luke v in space). and he prevents you from using test 5 efficiently. dos may be one turn slower, but she gives you an extra generation and doesnt take away a great ground fighter.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

mikefrench wrote:force drain bonuses = canceled, and projection one of the drains usually.
There are ways to get around force drains bonuses = canceled. I can think of 3 of them off the top of my head [Despair (V), Bane Malar (V), and Rodian (V)]. The first 2 also work against projection (force drains can't be modified).
mikefrench wrote:them coming at you is their game plan, once test 3 is completed usually. or earlier if you leave yourself open. and you should read the way of things.
I'm fine with them coming at me, and I won't leave myself open early. You are correct about They Way of Things. Thx, thats why I like getting on here, people warn me before I make myself look stupid in a Tournament.
mikefrench wrote:there's part of your problem. luke v gives you faster setup, but takes away luke w/lightsaber (or luke v in space). and he prevents you from using test 5 efficiently. dos may be one turn slower, but she gives you an extra generation and doesnt take away a great ground fighter.
This part I understand. MWYHL has enough activate so you'll be able to come at me hard. I hope to win the game before you get to Test 5, and if DoS makes it slower I feel that it gives me more of advantage. Maybe your MWYHL could beat the snot out of me, or maybe I could change your mind to how invincible you think it is. I wish I could playtest every version of decks but that can't happen. I've played over 40 games in the last 2 weeks and I've barely hit all of the possibilities out there.

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”