October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
mc9457
Anthology
Anthology

Limited V-Card Qualifier

Post by mc9457 »

Game 1 is under way. We have 13 participants.

Brian Hunter
Garrett Larson
David Destefanis
Brant Wood
Dan Ward
Sean McGrath
Kevin Brownell
Jim Beyer
Mike Rebman
Brian Fred
Matt Burke
Evan Fitzgerald
Scott Church
Last edited by mc9457 on October 19th, 2006, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

quite the list.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

mc9457
Anthology
Anthology

Post by mc9457 »

Its been fun. Thanks guys.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Dang, Kuperman didn't make it.

Any new updates on this? :)

-arebelspy

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

they aren't updating to try out the "keep rankings secret" thing.

Saint
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Saint »

Lame. I wanna know how my fellow Bespinites are doing.
DBO Rocks
CRingwell wrote:The Candy Land Player's Committee. Double Purple is banned.

mc9457
Anthology
Anthology

Post by mc9457 »

Final Results:

Brian Hunter 12 (143)
Garrett Larson 10 (52)
Scott Church 7 (45)
Evan Fitzgerald 6 (13)
Brian Fred 6 (-3)
David Destefanis 6 (-13)
Dan Ward 6 (-21)
Brant Wood 6 (-21)
Matt Burke 6 (-46)
Michael Rebman 5 (-16)
Kevin Brownell 5 (-19)
Sean McGrath 0 (-94)
Jim Beyer 2 (-21)

Brian Hunter and Scott Church get the automatic bid into day 2.
Its been fun. Thanks guys.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

Congrats to the winners. Just one q:
mc9457 wrote: Sean McGrath 0 (-94)
Jim Beyer 2 (-21)
Since when is 0 > 2 :).

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

mc9457 wrote:Final Results:

Brian Hunter 12 (143)
Garrett Larson 10 (52)
Scott Church 7 (45)
Evan Fitzgerald 6 (13)
Brian Fred 6 (-3)
David Destefanis 6 (-13)
Dan Ward 6 (-21)
Brant Wood 6 (-21)
Matt Burke 6 (-46)
Michael Rebman 5 (-16)
Kevin Brownell 5 (-19)
Sean McGrath 0 (-94)
Jim Beyer 2 (-21)

Brian Hunter and Scott Church get the automatic bid into day 2.
Congrats to Hunter and Scott, and nice work to Garrett. Kinda surprised B.Fred and DDM went 3-3. CubsFan's 3-3 (with times win) is pretty decent for the earlier fiasco he outlined for us (no corellia)..

-arebelspy

red71
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by red71 »

Nothing about top decks in this special format ?

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

mc9457 wrote: ... Scott Church get the automatic bid into day 2.
Nice, all SWCCG IT members have day 2 bye.
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

hmm before i saw that hunter had won, i would have predicted that DS senate and LS combat would win the tournament. i bet hunter was playing dark deal and.....something....for ls. prolly senate, not sure.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Saint
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Saint »

Hey Garrett (And Hunter, and everyone else) I know you got other things to think about right now, but if you could take the time to post a tourny report, either here or DeckTech, it would be much appreciated. The more details the better.
DBO Rocks
CRingwell wrote:The Candy Land Player's Committee. Double Purple is banned.

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

Psychobabble wrote:Congrats to the winners. Just one q:
mc9457 wrote: Sean McGrath 0 (-94)
Jim Beyer 2 (-21)
Since when is 0 > 2 :).
That's because I dropped after the 4th game.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Yoda007 wrote:
mc9457 wrote: ... Scott Church get the automatic bid into day 2.
Nice, all SWCCG IT members have day 2 bye.
how is teh utah dude on the it team?

congrats to bj hunter for running thru the tough field of larson, ddm and kgb

gl to team ohio/reidtech/mystery partner in the team event today
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Saint wrote:Hey Garrett (And Hunter, and everyone else) I know you got other things to think about right now, but if you could take the time to post a tourny report, either here or DeckTech, it would be much appreciated. The more details the better.
very quick ands dirty here (I'll consider doing a longer one later, but 46 hours with only 3 hours of sleep makes me tired right now)

Game 1 HD vs. WYS Obi Start by MikeTLM

I have 2 DB's and Fondor, and Vader in my opening hand. Turn 3 EPP maul wipes out Obi with the help of first strike, and They're still coming through. I win by like 22.

Game 2 WYS raiders vs. BHBM Ties by Goofy
I make a bunch of mistakes, but the palace raider on the falcoln would not be denied, I pull out a win by like 16 and realize that sleep would be helpful.

Game 3 HD vs. HB X-wings by Jim Jerriko
Super close game, I grab organized attack right away, and later battle and take out a few x-wings cause my opponent forgot I had it grabbed. I probe his base after getting shot out of the sky, and he draws a bad destiny with corran against sidious and causes himself some overflow. I win by 2.

Game 4 WYS vs. Senate by Hunter

First turn he gets to verify my deck, 3rd turn he catches Han w/o a barrier and Guri on stinger + Baron on saber 1 beat him up. Then I miss a fallen portal draw to take out Maul, and instead take 10 overflow. I lose by 25

Game 5 HD vs. WYS nightfall by brian Fred
Opening hand lord vader and saber = tech. Start draining hard, Emporer Fries EPP han to avoid a crushing battle loss, and then Dengar + Dre take out EPP han and Spy Lando. My opponent scoops at this point. I still win this game either way, but the differential may have been a bit lower. Win by 25

game 6 WYS vs. Walkers by PapaLorax
I take over Hoth system early, and get set up. BArrier the barron when he comes out, and then just play cat and mouse with him. Win by 14.

I decline the final against Hunter because I already have a bye, and don't fel the need to get beat again since his LS hidden base with Sandwhirls should beat my DS, and my WYS won't consistently beat his senate (at least not in my hands).

Fun tournament, I got to play 6 people I've not played in a long time (if ever) and I did okay. Still 0 for non-ND/MN :) but I felt like I played well and had there been something on the line (other than an uncut sheet that I don't need) I would have played it out, and might have taken it.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

Brad Eier wrote: how is teh utah dude on the it team?
IT stand for International Team that's how he is in the team.
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

umm though hes from utah not some foreign country... and isnt he oin team tn/cat 1 or whatever already?
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

Team Endor Day 1 report:

Team Endor (myself and David) arrived last night to the bad convention center hotel accomodations of the O'hare Hyatt Regency. (4 stars my arse). After a quick drive out to Pastimes - via mapquest and a 6 turn trek through the north suburbs - we arrive at Pasttimes in time to view some prize support and get directions to downtown.

We arrive downtown about 10:30 pm, and promptly visit the immortal Soldier Field. Which by the way is an architectural juxtoposition that combines the original classic column design with a glass bowl arising out of the center like the Close Encounters mother ship had landed there and didn't quite fit, or the architect had eaten a hgh dose of Team Endor mushroms.....

A quick stop at the planetarium and a few minutes to check out the magnificent Chicago skyline and experience the good ole fashion Chicago wind chill, then off to Rush street for some late night food.

Given my general impatience to ever look for parking and my love for valet service, we drop into the "Frog" resteraunt and its curbside valet and grab some appetizers. For some reason David changes his mind about eating a huge steak at 11:30 pm? I try to tell him that it is very healthy to eat that much artery clogging food late at night. The highlight is of course the non-stop talking of the men's room attendant, who promptly started cuttting at David about the Bears - must of had something to do with Seahawks jersey David is wearing...

After a few wrong turns and a brief heading towards Indiana, we make our way back to the hotel.

Up at 8:00 am and off to work out for me. So, in Chicago for Worlds and its been 10 hours and neither of us have even looked at our decks....this bodes well.... :roll: After the other Worlds reports I have read in the past where people stay up all night and playtest and build decks... Team Endor operates a bit differently. Our main goal today is some fun games and then hitting some blues bars tonight - back on Rush street...

But for now we are off to Day 1 where David will try and qualify for Day 2 and I will try and play some of my fun second teir decks, or participate in some sealed deck madness, while waiting to break out the big guns for Day 2!

Stay tuned for the Day 1 report - dropped in here somewhere.....
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

Brad Eier wrote:umm though hes from utah not some foreign country... and isnt he oin team tn/cat 1 or whatever already?
Belgian, Italian/French, American and Hungarian, pretty international i think.
Tamas Papp

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”