Limited V-Card Qualifier

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

I think he gives team IT and TN free cards to be on the team ("sponsors" them)?

-arebelspy

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

arebelspy wrote:CubsFan's 3-3 (with times win) is pretty decent for the earlier fiasco he outlined for us (no corellia)..
Thanks. Yeah, my Hidden Base deck actually won its next two games after that first-game fiasco. Even without the Cor. Eng. Corp. the deck played out well. I was actually more surprised I had crappy luck with Hunt Down. I lost one game to DDM's crazy Bothawui operatives/musicians, he locked down my drains and was able to battle well. He stopped Visage early by deploying spies to Executor (which I got rid of, but it cost me Mara), and of course S&D was worthless with all his Ellors-protected aliens on the table. The other HD loss was against WYS/Obi I actually successfully dueled Obi on turn 3, (and yes, without Dioxis) but I had no effect-pullers so I couldn't I've Lost Artoo (v) to get Sith Fury...that would have been 6 more damage. I lost b/c I didn't draw ANY of my ships...his Kessel drain went undisturbed, and I had lost No Escape to a drain so Visage wasn't hurting him for awhile.

But now, onto Day 1...

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

Brad Eier wrote:congrats to bj hunter for running thru the tough field of larson, ddm and kgb
Brad, do you ever stop being a jackass? Or were you just born that way?

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

CubsFan wrote:
arebelspy wrote:CubsFan's 3-3 (with times win) is pretty decent for the earlier fiasco he outlined for us (no corellia)..
Thanks. Yeah, my Hidden Base deck actually won its next two games after that first-game fiasco. Even without the Cor. Eng. Corp. the deck played out well.
Well nice work pulling those out even without Corellia. Make sure you add it in for day 1, and update your decklist. ;) (Assuming you play it, and not something that requires 72 V cards.)

-arebelspy

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

I did put Corelia back in, but I'm not playing that deck today. Today we're trying SYCFA/TIE squadrons and TRM.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

CubsFan wrote:
Brad Eier wrote:congrats to bj hunter for running thru the tough field of larson, ddm and kgb
Brad, do you ever stop being a jerk? Or were you just born that way?
i said tough field... that means i was giving you, garrett and ddm credit where credit is due... not sure why you ASSume i was trying to be negative. bj hunter hasnt played an event since worlds 2 years ago and he went unbeaten in his first event back, against multiple former day 2 qualifiers.

good luck today dude... even though i don't like your trm... i'm still a fan of trms in general
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

thehooky
LS Region: Endor
LS Region: Endor

Post by thehooky »

After the other Worlds reports I have read in the past where people stay up all night and playtest and build decks... Team Endor operates a bit differently. Our main goal today is some fun games
good to hear your keeping us up on every thing! way to go ENDOR! YUB YUB! from what i herd there will be a couple more Endor body from other states comeing? let every one know if they show! they were at WA states in 05? arblepsy or something? and other guy he knows, tell talk to ya all soon!

ihatejarjar
Starter
Starter

Post by ihatejarjar »

CubsFan wrote:I did put Corelia back in, but I'm not playing that deck today. Today we're trying SYCFA/TIE squadrons and TRM.
Good luck with that deck. I kinda liked your version of it when I playtested it. Were there very many changes?
l000needles wrote: Yeah, but Jar Jar just deserves to die. And the more the better...

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

OK, Eier, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and will take you at your word. If that's the case, I apologize. It just sounded condescending because you included my name in there.

But ok, my bad. Thanks for the wish of luck.

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

ihatejarjar wrote:
CubsFan wrote:I did put Corelia back in, but I'm not playing that deck today. Today we're trying SYCFA/TIE squadrons and TRM.
Good luck with that deck. I kinda liked your version of it when I playtested it. Were there very many changes?

Remind me after Worlds, and I'll PM you the decklist.

DDM

Post by DDM »

Well, BH wasn't really going to play vs me. I played my 4th/5th choice decks to this tournament. :)
So I wasn't really even trying to be competitive.
However, he proved during all Worlds to be a hell of a player still. :)

I even tried not to screw up PapaLorax in our first game (he lost the Sealed deck final by 1, and I knew he wasn't going to be able to play at Day 1), giving him the full win.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Brad Eier wrote:
Yoda007 wrote:
mc9457 wrote: ... Scott Church get the automatic bid into day 2.
Nice, all SWCCG IT members have day 2 bye.
how is the utah dude on the it team?

congrats to bj hunter for running thru the tough field of larson, ddm and kgb

gl to team ohio/reidtech/mystery partner in the team event today
I'm from TN and played with Ruck, Ripp, Micah, Pack, Lewis from the start of the game till 2000 when I left for BYU in Utah. I saw Ripp almost every day as we both hung out at Outer Limits and played almost every game they had there.

So even though I'm in Utah, I still consider myself a TN player. The TN guys have been testing decks and talking with the International players and so they just combined for the IT team. I also sponsor the TN players and hook them up with discounts and things. Buy cards from them when they need cash, whatever I can do to help.

PapaLorax

Post by PapaLorax »

DDM wrote:I even tried not to screw up PapaLorax in our first game (he lost the Sealed deck final by 1, and I knew he wasn't going to be able to play at Day 1), giving him the full win.
It was appreciated.

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”