Team Endor Reports

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

mserisman wrote:Game 1 - my DS v. Garret LS: Lost by 17
My DS deck was a bit of a gamble, however it had a chance. I was up quite a bit until a huge beatdown (60-14) dropped 33 cards in overflow and I lost game 1 by 17. The key was a well timed "Frozen Assets" combined with "Draw Their Fire". I of course failed to hit him with a multiple killer when he had about 27 cards in hand - my idiocy costs me. Good strategy though, luring me into a false sense of confidence and then wham! here come about 6 LS characters and huge overflow. Garret is a great guy and a good sport.
Thanks for the kind words for a deck that is the definition of an NPE. FYI, monnok is worthless against me. 5x Sense for the win.

I got slowed down by a few turns against you because I couldn't find my last control to save my life. Thanks for keeping this quiet during day 2 and 3 as well, I considered playing the same deck for a little while, and decided that too many people knew about it for it to be effective.

Good showing for a first time worlds attendee though. Nice to put a name with a face.

Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

aeneas23
LS Region: Dantooine

Post by aeneas23 »

Brad Eier wrote:while erisman and reisch have thier little spat, Team Ohio has more pressing issues:

HOW MANY KEGS FOR MEEKERS VICTORY CELEBRATION?
For sure, it was probably a waste of time even responding to his post.
And I congratulate Meeker. Well played sir, well played.

I suggest two kegs. One for each differential point by which he beat Hunter in the final confrontation.

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

Furthermore, he never "hit me for 6-8 force for a huge battle victory." I lost one force total in all the battles I had against him. I was playing WYS and had plenty of forfeit on my smugglers. Moreover, there was never a battle in which Luke couldn't draw destiny. The only battles that commander luke(v) (the only Luke I was playing) was ever in were when he was on Rogue 1 and he gets two destiny no matter what. Again, I'm not sure what game Mr. Erisman was reporting on, but it sure wasn't the game he played against me.

Wow.

The rest of your post deserves no response.

As to this above:

Perhaps you are forgetting the battle at the end against Lord Vader with his saber at the Cantina, where I had to remind you that Luke did not get a battle destiny, and I hit Luke in that same battle?

So, perhaps the "6-8" force was not exactly right but from memory, but you get the general idea.

I have no issues with people acting like socially inept jerks during a game because they are intense on winning - that is just fine. However, when someone refuses to even attempt to return any friendly banter about "where are you from" and such, then that to me crosses the line from being an intense competitor - which is OK - and just an unfriendly and hostile person - which is not cool no matter what the situation.

I found your comments after the game to be typical whining. You didn't realize that I heard snippets of them, and you obviously used the word that gets filtered here to crap. :roll: In addition my fellow Team Endor member was right behind you when you made those comments after the game. LOL

I didn't know it was you who had been the one who attacked me on the boards here and had that PM-email exchange. That is because you hide behind a moniker, while I use my name. However, you DID know it was me and were too cowardly apparently to mention it and try and mend the fences in person? That speaks volume about your character.

One of the highlights of the tournament for me was that I got to meet some awesome people. Despite the aggresive and anonymous nature of forum attacks, in person people are generally friendly. You were not. I assume you were just mad at your play and therefore will not hold it against you - unless you insist on continuing to prove me right here on the forum. Your call.
Last edited by mserisman on October 23rd, 2006, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

deadbody wrote:
mserisman wrote:Game 1 - my DS v. Garret LS: Lost by 17
My DS deck was a bit of a gamble, however it had a chance. I was up quite a bit until a huge beatdown (60-14) dropped 33 cards in overflow and I lost game 1 by 17. The key was a well timed "Frozen Assets" combined with "Draw Their Fire". I of course failed to hit him with a multiple killer when he had about 27 cards in hand - my idiocy costs me. Good strategy though, luring me into a false sense of confidence and then wham! here come about 6 LS characters and huge overflow. Garret is a great guy and a good sport.
Thanks for the kind words for a deck that is the definition of an NPE. FYI, monnok is worthless against me. 5x Sense for the win.

I got slowed down by a few turns against you because I couldn't find my last control to save my life. Thanks for keeping this quiet during day 2 and 3 as well, I considered playing the same deck for a little while, and decided that too many people knew about it for it to be effective.

Good showing for a first time worlds attendee though. Nice to put a name with a face.
You too! I enjoyed meeting, and getting beaten like a rented mule - twice. LOL

The card in question, that was a last minute pull from that deck (2 of them) was: Kill Them Imediately

It is immune to sense.

My bad for taking it out, it would have won the game for me, or at least slowed you down a ton I think.

Again, great to meet you - thanks for the PM. I will shoot something over later!
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

You can still sense that before it actually reveals your opponent's hand. Otherwise you'd have to reveal their hand without the possiblity of it being Sensed until after then.

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

_maul wrote:You can still sense that before it actually reveals your opponent's hand. Otherwise you'd have to reveal their hand without the possiblity of it being Sensed until after then.
No, you can't Sense it ever. The entire card is immune to Sense, period.

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

CubsFan wrote:
_maul wrote:You can still sense that before it actually reveals your opponent's hand. Otherwise you'd have to reveal their hand without the possiblity of it being Sensed until after then.
No, you can't Sense it ever. The entire card is immune to Sense, period.
Correct. It was a chowderhead move on my part to take them out. At one point Garret had like 27 cards in his hand..... grrr. I have that card I win.

Oh well, live and learn. :)

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Really? Is that a ruling specific to this card? Because I've been under the impression that when an interrupt is used/lost and the lost part is Immune to Sense that doesn't apply to the entire card... or does it?

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

_maul wrote:Really? Is that a ruling specific to this card? Because I've been under the impression that when an interrupt is used/lost and the lost part is Immune to Sense that doesn't apply to the entire card... or does it?
Even so you could just declare it as a lost and play it that way right?

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Right, but the way it's worded:
"USED: text.
LOST: text."

seems to imply that the Immune to Sense part only affects the lost function. I mean, you cannot use the other portion of text in the lost function (duplicate cards being lost) and apply that part to the used text, so I don't understand why the Immune to Sense part would transfer.

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

_maul wrote:Right, but the way it's worded:
"USED: text.
LOST: text."

seems to imply that the Immune to Sense part only affects the lost function. I mean, you cannot use the other portion of text in the lost function (duplicate cards being lost) and apply that part to the used text, so I don't understand why the Immune to Sense part would transfer.
So in other words, this would have been immune to sense, and ironically gotten rid of all his "senses" :) by playing it as a lost interupt.

thehooky
LS Region: Endor
LS Region: Endor

Post by thehooky »

hey all! it was a great weekend! sorry i cant remember who all i played, but it was great meeting every one and seeing the looks on every ones faces when they herd i was there! and when i handed my command card over! big eyes and then a few tears then some uncontrolled giggling and laughter! most every one seemed great! and i look forward to playing all of them again!! even the Senate deck that owned my Speed deal, but taking no other losses with it was fun!!

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

so then is:

Text: USED: If opponent just initiated a battle at a system or sector where you have a starship with maneuver > 3, use 1 Force to add one battle destiny.
LOST: If you just forfeited all your cards that participated in a battle you lost, cancel all remaining battle damage. (Immune to Sense.)

Always immune to sense? If not, then why isn't it and why is Kill Them?

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

Cards that have only a part immune to Sense have that part listed first. Like:

Blah Blah Blah (immune to Sense). Blah Blah Blah.

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

_maul wrote:so then is:

Text: USED: If opponent just initiated a battle at a system or sector where you have a starship with maneuver > 3, use 1 Force to add one battle destiny.
LOST: If you just forfeited all your cards that participated in a battle you lost, cancel all remaining battle damage. (Immune to Sense.)

Always immune to sense? If not, then why isn't it and why is Kill Them?
I believe that is always immune as well. You might kick these two cards to Greg just to make sure.

Meeker
LS Region: Corellia
LS Region: Corellia

Post by Meeker »

Brad Eier wrote:while erisman and reisch have thier little spat, Team Ohio has more pressing issues:

HOW MANY KEGS FOR MEEKERS VICTORY CELEBRATION?
10 sound like enough?

No one wanted to take me up on any drinking challenges over the weekend despite how hard i tried to get people to lose their money betting against me.
Bluethrawn wrote: Without MN's leadership over the last years, SWCCG is nothing today, plain and simple.
Image[img]

aeneas23

Post by aeneas23 »

mserisman wrote:
Furthermore, he never "hit me for 6-8 force for a huge battle victory." I lost one force total in all the battles I had against him. I was playing WYS and had plenty of forfeit on my smugglers. Moreover, there was never a battle in which Luke couldn't draw destiny. The only battles that commander luke(v) (the only Luke I was playing) was ever in were when he was on Rogue 1 and he gets two destiny no matter what. Again, I'm not sure what game Mr. Erisman was reporting on, but it sure wasn't the game he played against me.

Wow.

The rest of your post deserves no response.

As to this above:

Perhaps you are forgetting the battle at the end against Lord Vader with his saber at the Cantina, where I had to remind you that Luke did not get a battle destiny, and I hit Luke in that same battle?

So, perhaps the "6-8" force was not exactly right but from memory, but you get the general idea.

I have no issues with people acting like socially inept jerks during a game because they are intense on winning - that is just fine. However, when someone refuses to even attempt to return any friendly banter about "where are you from" and such, then that to me crosses the line from being an intense competitor - which is OK - and just an unfriendly and hostile person - which is not cool no matter what the situation.

I found your comments after the game to be typical whining. You didn't realize that I heard snippets of them, and you obviously used the word that gets filtered here to manure. :roll: In addition my fellow Team Endor member was right behind you when you made those comments after the game. LOL

I didn't know it was you who had been the one who attacked me on the boards here and had that PM-email exchange. That is because you hide behind a moniker, while I use my name. However, you DID know it was me and were too cowardly apparently to mention it and try and mend the fences in person? That speaks volume about your character.

One of the highlights of the tournament for me was that I got to meet some awesome people. Despite the aggresive and anonymous nature of forum attacks, in person people are generally friendly. You were not. I assume you were just mad at your play and therefore will not hold it against you - unless you insist on continuing to prove me right here on the forum. Your call.
You know, this game isn't important enough to merit this sort of pissing match. So, I'm just going to go ahead and apologize for offending you or whatever I did.

Obviously, we have justed rubbed each other the wrong way (and I'll certainly accept some blame for that), but I'm ready to just end this thing.

I didn't mention anything about our online spat because I didn't want to deal with it at the time. I hardly think it speaks volumes about my character or makes me cowardly. I haven't ever hidden behind my persona. Lots of people know who I am on these boards and my name is mentioned in plenty of posts.

I'm not sure how I crossed some line by not engaging in friendly banter, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I will admit to being preoccupied as I was having incredibly bad luck and I wasn't playing well on top of that, so I wasn't in a good mood. Your post about our game just hit a sore spot when I got home. I should have just deleted the post I made after I wrote it.

As for any comments your buddy or you overheard, I still don't believe I made any comment about your deck, but it really doesn't matter. I certainly don't think your deck was crap, but it wasn't anythign special

Whatever you may think about our game, my loss had much more to do with my poor play and bad luck than your deck design. If I had spent the time to learn how to play WYS (which for whatever reason, I never have) properly before coming to worlds, I probably would have done better. Or if I had gotten a Melas within the first few turns of the game to stick in front of Maul instead of Luke, I probably would have done better.

In any event, this feud is pointless and its over for my part.

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

Sounds fair enough. Apology accepted. I didn't see this as a "feud" per se, but rather was a bit disapointed that you didn't say something in person when we would have had a chance to mend any hard feelings.

I have experienced some conflict with some people on this board, and intentionally sought them out in person to shake hands and show that these discussions here are not personal. To realize that you knew who I was and said nothing, just seemed a bit hostile in retrospect.

Anyway, I appreciate the gesture and consider it behind us :)

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”