Mike Carr and Greg Anderson

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
choongie
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by choongie »

Yeah, you guys did an awesome job and it was great placing a name with a face! You have been a great example to everyone involved!

MikeTLM889
Starter
Starter

Post by MikeTLM889 »

I also had the opportunity to assist Mike Carr and others with deck checks for Day 2 and would like to commend all of the participants for the refreshingly creative and original decks they managed to dream up. There were some truly brave ideas presented - some more effective than others - however all provided an eclectic and engaging tournament scene.

Credit should be given to the PC design team as well for balancing out the meta well enough to allow for such diversity.
Michael Rebman
Columbia College Chicago 2008
B.M. Music Composition

MikeTLM889
Starter
Starter

Post by MikeTLM889 »

Sorry...double post.
Last edited by MikeTLM889 on October 23rd, 2006, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Rebman
Columbia College Chicago 2008
B.M. Music Composition

DTartagOne

Post by DTartagOne »

Mike and Greg great job this year.... and sorry for all the crap we put you guys through. Keep it up guys!

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

MikeTLM889 wrote:I also had the opportunity to assist Mike Carr and others with deck checks for Day 2
Oops, I forgot, you helped too!

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Yeah, definitely big props to Anderson and Carr. This "hole in the wall" Worlds was actually run better than some other World Championship events I've been to. Maybe a missed ruling or two. Maybe had to re-pair a time or two. But overall the event seemed to run smoothly. From what I could tell, Kevin kept things going perfectly well in his tourneys also.

I didn't really hear anyone complaining about how the event was run, so I think the Advocates can count this event as a big win. Thanks again.

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

Thanks guys.

I'll let you all in on a little secret...since I like to play in tournaments I run, which would not be possible if I made Day 2 or 3, I intentionally scrubbed out of Day 1.*

;)

* CubsFan is a big liar.

bluethrawn
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by bluethrawn »

CubsFan wrote:I'll let you all in on a little secret...since I like to play in tournaments I run
I thought you were going somewhere entirely different with this, like you were moving to Canada or Oregon or something.

8)

Nitsuj
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Nitsuj »

great event all together PC, nice job.
Justin Stratton, Northeast Ohio

Play SWCCG online at GEMP

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

YES, definitely thanks to Mike and Greg. Bob and I had a great time!!! Many people complained about sleeve rulings on Day 2 but then on Day 3 everyone of the participants were given brand new sleeves to play with. Not to mention the prize support was awesome. Even when I was down and out on Day 2 they kept me playing (thou it was for their benefit). Had a good time joking around with ya'll.

mc9457
Anthology
Anthology

Post by mc9457 »

Asphalizo wrote:Many people complained about sleeve rulings on Day 2 but then on Day 3 everyone of the participants were given brand new sleeves to play with.
Oh gawd was that a debacle. I will be sure to quote lines from the tournament guide in the future in regards to the sleeve requirements. I think Hunter took it the worst. After being out of Worlds for 2 years, he had replaced his clear sleeves with sleeves with dragon artwork on the back. I told him he needed to replace those sleeves and he managed to go up and find the only sleeves they had that were reflective back (not on purpose). So I had to have him go up again and buy new sleeves without reflective backs.

Oh and then there was the ribbings I got from Team IT over it...fortunately it seems karma repaid them in the form of Benegains :)

Asphalizo wrote:Not to mention the prize support was awesome.
Yeah, that was all thanks to the great guys at Ultra Pro. Scott contacted them to see if they had any of the States 2000 Championship binders on hand still. They didn't but sent us enough sleeves to resleeve all of day 3 and give sleeves to the top 10ish in the consolation event. And the sleeves seemed to work 10 times better then the MaxPro tournament sleeves from last year!
Asphalizo wrote: Even when I was down and out on Day 2 they kept me playing (thou it was for their benefit).
You wanted to drop with two games left. And create a bye. I would have been quite displeased. :) And then you wouldn't have gotten prize support, which would have sucked. ;)

Oh and I hate the bye.
Its been fun. Thanks guys.

Ghost
Starter
Starter

Post by Ghost »

Mike, Greg, Kevin; You guys were great. I very much enjoyed talking with you (when players weren't monopolizing you.) I wouldn't have had near as good of a time without your welcoming me.

Thanks to everyone for the games, advise, conversation, and general all around good times. I hope I get more opportunities to compete with you guys.

Thanks again,
Sean McGrath

stealtheblind
GEMP Username: shaw67193

Post by stealtheblind »

mike and greg:
you guys were great. absolute class acts as always, and i want you to know that i am very grateful for the time you put into this every year. this was probably the smoothest-run worlds ive attended. you guys just keep getting better and better.

regardless of whether or not we need you to run our december shindig, i hope you guys show up.

join us for dinner again. jersey has the highest ratio of diners to people in the country.

but you still might have to beware of the monte christo.

kevin:
i don't know you nearly as well, but every time i see you it seems like you're running an event for the players and doing a damn fine job of it. i haven't been paying attention to the whole stepping down thing, but i hope you're planning on sticking around in some regard. huge thanks to you as well, have a good life even if there is no swccg involved.

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

stealtheblind wrote:kevin:
i don't know you nearly as well, but every time i see you it seems like you're running an event for the players and doing a darn fine job of it. i haven't been paying attention to the whole stepping down thing, but i hope you're planning on sticking around in some regard. huge thanks to you as well, have a good life even if there is no swccg involved.
Point of clarification, I've stepped down from duties related to running the game. I'm still playing. And I'm still making good players salivate like my girlfriend at an all you can eat buffet.

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”