PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
mc9457
Anthology
Anthology

Announcements from Worlds

Post by mc9457 »

A few announcements from worlds:

Worlds 2007 will tentatively be at PasTimes next year over the summer. Look for a date coming in the next month.

US Nationals will be split between east and west coast as we move away from GenCon all together. Look for an announcement on how your local TD can apply to have it and what kinds of venues we will be looking for to hold these two events.

International Nationals will be given more respect as well. Look for an announcement on how your local TD can apply to have it and what kinds of venues we will be looking for to hold these kind of events.

We will begin looking for a new tournament advocate and player relations advocate shortly. Look for a front page announcement and how you can apply for the position.

Two V-12 spoilers* were available for those who attended.

Red Squadron 7 (V)

May add 1 pilot. Heroic. Kier Stanage or Corran Horn deploy -1 aboard; immune to attrition < 4 while either piloting. Once per game may place a non-[immune to alter] Effect at same system in lost pile.

Imperial Code Cylinder (V)
Used or Starting Interrupt
Used: At the end of a turn, place a card on your Political Effect in Used Pile.
Starting: If Conference Room on table, \/ a [special edition] site, and 2 always [immune to alter] Effects. May /\ an Imperial Council Member (or Political Effect) and Shocking Revelation. Place this Interrupt in Lost Pile.

Also it was indicated that Master Qui-Gon, It Is The Future You See, and 3,720 to 1 are slated for virtualization.

* These are pre-playtested spoilers. These may change as playtesting progresses.

Oh forgot:

Two new tournament rules that will be in effect starting immediately:

1. Your decklist must be in English.
2. When you are playing any deck using the Death Star, you must the Hyperroute Navigation Chart to mark your movement. This rule is only in effect for championship level events.

Regionals will be applied for online and will be available starting in January and ending in March. States will be applied for online and will be available in April and ending in July.
Last edited by mc9457 on October 23rd, 2006, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

For those wondering what "heroic" means...

(please note this definition is not final and may change, plus this isn't the actual wording either)

If you have a card with the 'heroic' characteristic at a location, none of your other cards aat that location may be targeted by weapons until (a) the heroic card is 'hit' or (b) the heroic card is not targetable by weapons.

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

CubsFan wrote:For those wondering what "heroic" means...

(please note this definition is not final and may change, plus this isn't the actual wording either)

If you have a card with the 'heroic' characteristic at a location, none of your other cards aat that location may be targeted by weapons until (a) the heroic card is 'hit' or (b) the heroic card is not targetable by weapons.
There are already cards that do this(not exactly, but close)... so is this another way to skirt having to put more words on cards?

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Loaded keyword are too LOTRish. Does SW even have any? I think most of the lore keywords (leader, bounty hunter, etc) are unloaded. If it doesnt fit on the card when you write it out, it shouldnt be there. And goodbye Fear.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

tempest
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by tempest »

What happened to the "we will try not to virtualize any Coruscant cards" concept?

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

tempest wrote:What happened to the "we will try not to virtualize any Coruscant cards" concept?
Only 1 out of 5 from Coruscant and it's a main that was also reprinted in Reflections 3, making it one of the easier of the many harder to get cards from Coruscant.

Just my take.

Saint
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Saint »

Sweet. Glad I got my 3 Qui gons.
DBO Rocks
CRingwell wrote:The Candy Land Player's Committee. Double Purple is banned.

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

Schele wrote:
CubsFan wrote:For those wondering what "heroic" means...

There are already cards that do this(not exactly, but close)... so is this another way to skirt having to put more words on cards?
No, I don't think that was the intention at all. In fact, Design's new standards discourage trying to find text shortcuts in order to fit more text on cards. Once you see the rules entry for heroic, you'll see why it could never be printed in the card's text itself.

What card or cards are you referring to?

mc9457
Anthology
Anthology

Post by mc9457 »

[card]Talz[/card]
Its been fun. Thanks guys.

Stenberg
LS Region: Bespin
LS Region: Bespin

Post by Stenberg »

Imperial Code Cylinder is a pretty sweet card. Hopefully more of this Imperial Council thing will be explored in the rest of the V-set.

maxbeedo
LS Region: Dantooine
LS Region: Dantooine

Post by maxbeedo »

Good call on the (b) part of the heroic definition.

I already included Red Squadron 7 as part of my matching pilots HB... now it's pretty much a given.

Thomas Caspersen

Post by Thomas Caspersen »

tempest wrote:What happened to the "we will try not to virtualize any Coruscant cards" concept?
I don't think they every said that. They only said that future coruscant v-cards would be made with the card availability in mind, or something similar.
Good to hear that Master Qui-Gon is getting v'ed. He needs it.

The two spoilers looks interesting (but why is Corran piloting Red 7?). Obviously I hope this isn't the whole 'concept' regarding ICMs.
Oh, and I'm extremely curious about It Is The Future You See :)

tempest
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by tempest »

I guess i'm just curious why Master Qui-Gon is getting virtualized when the much more common Tatooine version is still available. I realize no one ever said "we will never virtualize Coruscant", i just thought i remembered it being said that this was going to be discouraged. I just know the last time a Coruscant main got virtualized (Mace), it was one of the stronger "had to have" mains and not a cheap one due to its rarity. For those of us with smaller collections (and budgets), it can be discouraging to see the rarer cards virtualized. I don't mean to complain, I was just stating a minor concern.

ihatejarjar
Starter
Starter

But I thought.

Post by ihatejarjar »

Wasn't Corran Horn Red 9? Oh well....
l000needles wrote: Yeah, but Jar Jar just deserves to die. And the more the better...

lawtalkingguy
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by lawtalkingguy »

tempest wrote:I guess i'm just curious why Master Qui-Gon is getting virtualized when the much more common Tatooine version is still available.
I can field this one because I was there when the decision was made. It was a close call as you correctly note. Tatooine is more abundant than Coruscant, yes, though not *quite* to the degree that most folks think -- the small size of the set makes the print run seem larger than it really was. In this case, the determining factor wound up being: Tatooine Qui-Gon already plays very well in a number of decks, while Master Qui-Gon is binder fodder and is really never played anywhere, ever, making him not too hard to pick up. The virtual version, while far, far more useful, is still not an auto-include; one will now have a genuine decision to make as to which of the four Qui-Gons to use in a deck (counting the Ref3 premium and Theed EPP versions as well) rather than only having the choice of three. We do not anticipate a Mace Windu (v) situation here, as the card's versatility and power are not quite at that level.

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

wow mike. thanks for the prompt and thorough response.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Plus think about it, how many of these do most players have in their trade binders. I looked through a lot of binders this past weekend and almost all of them had this guy in them, so I don't think it will be a problem getting him.

I didn't have any Maces though on the other hand when that V set hit, and I bet a lot of people were in that situation.

So expect Qui to go up a couple of bucks but not to the 30 or so level like Mace.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

I can't believe the amount of negative reactions to those spoilers. Thanks for the info, tis looking good. I hope ICM fits into the game well, it'll be great to have a new concept :).

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

yeah the council looks like a cool design, pretty open-ended with that starting interrupt. pulling shocking revelation is kinda weird, but whatever. maybe they're going to V it again? i just hope MBO doesn't rock this council deck.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Shadow 13 wrote:i just hope MBO doesn't rock this council deck.
Heh
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”