Announcements from Worlds

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Anodos wrote:Destiny of 4 reminds me of your sister. They used to be good looking but now I'm just not as interested in them.
Blake, don't talk about JW's sister like that.

She was never good looking:)

Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

NateA
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by NateA »

lawtalkingguy wrote:Importantly - this is just your first look at Heroic. In v12 it was confined to space combat, mostly to prepare everyone for v13 (the D*2 set). But it can be on characters, droids, vehicles, and so forth also. Imagine a Heroic Obi-Wan who helped the others escape the death star in Ep4. Or a Heroic snowspeeder who took a hit to protect the lead harpooner. And so forth.
hmm....

NateA
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by NateA »

Anodos wrote:Destiny of 4 reminds me of your sister. They used to be good looking but now I'm just not as interested in them.
I call dibs on this for a sig. That was my giggle for the day

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

deadbody wrote:

Not only did he just go there, but he then decided to call me at work and tell me about it. I'm going to have to talk to your wife and have her reign you in. Your leash is getting a little loose. Leave my sister out this; she just had a baby!!!
Last edited by Asphalizo on October 24th, 2006, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

LoL.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Asphalizo wrote:
deadbody wrote:

Not only did he just go there, but he then decided to call me at work and tell me about it. I'm going to have to talk to you wife and have her reign you in. Your leash is getting a little loose. Leave my sister out this; she just had a baby!!!
How are you gonna talk to his wife? If he keeps her in line you'll have to go to the kitchen to talk to her. And if memory serves in Texas, if you enter another mans kitchen to talk to his wife, that there is grounds for shootin both of them.

And when will your sister be on Maury to determine who the daddy is?
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Umm...back on topic :twisted:

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

deadbody wrote:And when will your sister be on Maury to determine who the daddy is?
(looks confusedly at the invitation to Maury Povich he just received)
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Re: Announcements from Worlds

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

mc9457 wrote:Red Squadron 7 (V)
May add 1 pilot. Heroic. Kier Stanage or Corran Horn deploy -1 aboard; immune to attrition < 4 while either piloting. Once per game may place a non-[immune to alter] Effect at same system in lost pile.
I guess I'll be the first to point out that Corran and Red 7 could deploy directly to the Death Star, cancel Fear, land at the Death Star DB for free (and avoid Gravity Shadow), and then chill at the DB without worry of getting beat down. (Good luck overflowing Corran and the X-wing with Sidious.) I'm not a fan of SYCFear, but that sounds a lot like cloaked Maul flying around probing for your hidden base.

Also, what 'non-[immune to alter] Effects at same system' are there anyways?
Fear Will Keep Them In Line (v), Presence of the Force, ... um Fear Will Keep Them in Line non-v, ... those droid forfeiting cards from the OTSD...

maxbeedo
LS Region: Dantooine
LS Region: Dantooine

Post by maxbeedo »

Sienar Fleet Systems (when opponent doesn't occupy Wakeelmui)
Sunsdown (non-v)
Sunsdown & Too Cold for Speeders
Death Squadron (non-v)
Spice Mines of Kessel (non-v)
Aratech Corporation (non-v, when opponent doesn't occupy Carida)
Frostbite
Kuat Drive Yards (non-v, when opponent doesn't occupy Kuat)
Rendili Stardrive (when opponent doesn't occupy Rendili)
Plus any applicable effect the LS feels like ditching for some reason.

Not an impressive list (probably not complete), so it was probably solely to combat Fear. I don't think it can target Lateral Damage because it doesn't say "any" effect.

I'm curious how Corran wouldn't get beatdown, especially since landed starfighters have 0 power and their pilots are considered passengers, and thus can only use their gametext and forfeit (no power, no ability towards drawing battle destiny).

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Corran would get out of the starfighter.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

it's def my favorite spoiled card from v12. oh wait, mara's in that set....second favorite.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

say "any" effect.
Actually 'Effect of any kind' any effect would still be an effect technically.
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

Yeah, cancelling fear (to lost pile, for once!) is huge and so is canceling PoTF on Ralltir vs RalOps.

Rikard
LS Region: Toola

Post by Rikard »

mc9457 wrote:A few announcements from worlds:

Worlds 2007 will tentatively be at PasTimes next year over the summer. Look for a date coming in the next month.
Why is Worlds being held in the US every year? After 10 years, isn't it time to let some other part of the world host this event? After big D lost the licence, the ties to the USA should be significantly loosened. There are perfectly capable tournament directors here in Europe, and with the assistance of the PC, I'm sure that the championship could be hosted here with great success.

Is it fair that us so called "international" players have to spend thousands of dollars to be able to compete for the title? Whereas local american players only need to go for a car drive every year. With the Worlds in Europe, the US can still have the Nationals as their main event for 2007. What are the reasons not to?
- Winner of the 2004 Norwegian SW:CCG Nationals.
- Check out the Toola web site.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Rikard wrote:
mc9457 wrote:A few announcements from worlds:

Worlds 2007 will tentatively be at PasTimes next year over the summer. Look for a date coming in the next month.
Why is Worlds being held in the US every year? After 10 years, isn't it time to let some other part of the world host this event? After big D lost the licence, the ties to the USA should be significantly loosened. There are perfectly capable tournament directors here in Europe, and with the assistance of the PC, I'm sure that the championship could be hosted here with great success.

Is it fair that us so called "international" players have to spend thousands of dollars to be able to compete for the title? Whereas local american players only need to go for a car drive every year. With the Worlds in Europe, the US can still have the Nationals as their main event for 2007. What are the reasons not to?
When Europe can consistently host 30+ person tournaments in varying locales then we can talk.

As it stands the US had multiple 30+ person tournaments w/o much overlapping of players (the players at one big tourney were not at the others).

Most of the player base is in the US. So worlds should be in the US.
Image Image

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Rikard wrote:Is it fair that us so called "international" players have to spend thousands of dollars to be able to compete for the title? Whereas local american players only need to go for a car drive every year. With the Worlds in Europe, the US can still have the Nationals as their main event for 2007. What are the reasons not to?
I understand your frustration, but the main thing is its just easier to hold it here in the states. I also think there would be less competitors at a World's somewhere in Europe. Everyone would have to get passports and what not so they'd be less likely to go. Some of us would travel where ever, unfortunately the vast majority are not as open minded.

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Trust me, I would love to go somewhere in Europe for worlds, but if I was going to Europe, then my wife would want to go, that's extra money, I would have to bring my son, more money and then it would turn into a family trip and SW would not be plaid.

Oh how life changes with a family. :P

Rikard

Post by Rikard »

CategoryOneGames.com wrote:Trust me, I would love to go somewhere in Europe for worlds, but if I was going to Europe, then my wife would want to go, that's extra money, I would have to bring my son, more money and then it would turn into a family trip and SW would not be plaid.

Oh how life changes with a family. :P
And you think that's not the case for European players?

Rikard

Post by Rikard »

deadbody wrote:When Europe can consistently host 30+ person tournaments in varying locales then we can talk.

As it stands the US had multiple 30+ person tournaments w/o much overlapping of players (the players at one big tourney were not at the others).

Most of the player base is in the US. So worlds should be in the US.
Why is the number of players a reason? Europe has the biggest "base" of soccer players, yet the World Cup was held in the US in 1994. Another soccer tournament, the Norway Cup, is the largest international soccer tournament in the world, even if Norway has one of the smallest populations in the world. I can't see any reason why the number of players should decide which country should get to host an event.

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”