Pictures. 9 of 'em.

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
Post Reply
User avatar
3MW0J8
Member
Posts: 4233
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 8:54 pm
Location: I said I have the most 2nd places

Pictures. 9 of 'em.

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Image

ddm vs tehhooky in an epic clash of non-native english speakers




Image

carr giving me teh "get teh f*ck out of here" look of death while deckchecking deadbody




Image

teh hines ward fan club in full effect. in home jersey: pat "my" johnson.
seated, in away jersey: dan "tortellini" tartaglione.
standing, with spectacles: andrew "roflmonster" howard.
seated, barely visible: greg "0-5 lifetime vs rsmith" shaw.
seated, with spectacles and manginess: brian "j'quille" hunter.




Image
michael "agent007" richards, thoroughly examining brian "i can beat reid at swccg, but not at fantasy football despite teh fact i am in 38 leagues this year" fred's deck.




Image
brandon "i'm about to go 0-6" schele getting his broken deck checked by greg anderson. broken, as in it doesn't work.
also pictured: jim jerriko




Image
early in teh frist game of teh final. we have nate's light versus brian's dark. also seated is justin "nitsuj" stratton who almost b*tched out and drove home sunday morning. standing are some fellows i don't know, and joe "arebelspy" olson (arms folded) and nick "anus23" reisch (barely visible, above hunter).




Image
same game, a few moments later. if you squint really hard you can make out obi-wan with a lightsaber on tatooine. what you cannot see is that brian has deployed darth sidious to the death star docking bay and placed luke luke v on him so that obiwan may not drain.




Image
tried to go aerial birds-eye view on this one and got a little blurry because of it. here we have game 2 of teh final with nate's scum vs hunter's ebo. you can see an ugly white-bordered rebel barrier on nate's grabber. too bad hunter didn't pay attention to my game-playing tips that warned him not to play white-bordered cards.

also visible is maul's sith infiltrator blanking an armada of x-wings out of existence, and a lone general carlist rieekan meandering across teh hoth tundra in pursuit of a force drain of two at teh 3rd marker. jabba's space cruiser is staring down a lone xwing at another random system, and the mist hunter is squaring off with even more xwings at hoth.

what you cannot see because of the glare is that wedge antilles, rogue squadron leader and corran horn are joy-riding in wedge's speeder at tatooine: jabba's palace.





Image
final picture from teh final. here we have a clearer shot at teh scum vs ebo match. hunter's hand is a blur as he moves his xwings thru hyperspace. tortellini (bottom left corner) is pondering teh meaning of life. and circled in yellow, john madden style, is teh GG card: bane malar v. this card was deployed to teh jabba's palace: lower passages on teh very frist turn of teh game, and despite teh fact that it overrides teh force drain bonus-cancelling skillz of menace fades, nate meeker STILL force drained for only ONE at that site. every turn. for teh rest of teh game. you've heard nate won by 3? should've been 15.


that's all i got, hope u enjoyed em


Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Meeker
LS Region: Corellia
LS Region: Corellia
Posts: 183
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 11:09 pm
Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Post by Meeker »

I hear Bane Malor V is a good card when played properly
Bluethrawn wrote: Without MN's leadership over the last years, SWCCG is nothing today, plain and simple.
Image[img]

User avatar
Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1895
Joined: August 31st, 2003, 3:13 pm
Location: Stephenville, Tx
Contact:

Post by Asphalizo »

Meeker wrote:I hear Bane Malor V is a good card when played properly
Nice Avatar Meeker and Congrats!
Image
Image

User avatar
Shadow 13
Member
Posts: 16140
Joined: October 30th, 2002, 6:34 pm
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

wow meeker, totally not cool to play with hunter's emotions like that. next time play the bane malar V properly. man, poor BJ.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Lord Helmet
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 933
Joined: November 30th, 2002, 9:27 am
Location: Playtesting gauntlet
Contact:

Post by Lord Helmet »

Nice avatar Nate! Looks good on you!
Bryan Batdorf
Founder of Team Stephenville, a subsidiary of Team Texas
Recent 4-4 at my first Worlds! I RULE.

User avatar
Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1895
Joined: August 31st, 2003, 3:13 pm
Location: Stephenville, Tx
Contact:

Post by Asphalizo »

Was anyone else wondering why Hunter didn't use Sidious' gametext to place Luke, JK out-of-play after beating him off the Death Star in game 1?

It looked to me like it would've saved some headache later in the game when Luke came back out and gave Meeker 3 battlegrounds and a drain.
Image
Image

Nitsuj
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 3012
Joined: October 30th, 2002, 1:40 pm
Contact:

Post by Nitsuj »

Asphalizo wrote:Was anyone else wondering why Hunter didn't use Sidious' gametext to place Luke, JK out-of-play after beating him off the Death Star in game 1?

It looked to me like it would've saved some headache later in the game when Luke came back out and gave Meeker 3 battlegrounds and a drain.
\

I noticed the same thing.... I'm guessing that he was scared of Escape Pod (v) and knew he would have to play for every single force because he lost the other matchup by 21 earlier in the swiss portion. I guess?
Justin Stratton, Northeast Ohio

Play SWCCG online at GEMP

User avatar
Hunter
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 14816
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 3:27 am

Post by Hunter »

Reasons why Luke wasn't placed out of play:

I wasn't really worried about Escape Pod. There isn't really any reason why he COULDN'T be playing Escape Pod, (as he WAS using non-combo grimtaash to pull with it) but that alone wouldn't keep me from using the Sidious text if I thought Luke was going to be a factor. As Nitsuj pointed out, every point of life force is important to me in the final, since I know I will have a hard time keeping it close against the Scum deck in the 2nd game. My dark deck has no retrieval, so I don't want to start losing force for my own cards unless I think it's going to have a significant benefit. And I just didn't think that placing Luke out of play is a big deal. Luke is arguably the worst jedi in his deck anyway, and he sure isn't much threat to Sidious without his lightsaber. Since I'd stolen the saber with Sidious, he can't retrieve the saber to use against me later with another Luke. And I was "94% sure" that he wasn't using a 2nd copy of Luke's lightsaber. So if I place Luke out of play, he's still going to either Nabrun Obi over to fight Sidious, or deploy Mace to fight Sidious (which is what ended up happening). Yeah, he used a 2nd copy of Luke later to set up a drain of 1 at a Tatooine site, but he could have just as easily set up that drain with a Leia or a Corran Horn, or anything else. Those characters would cost less and still accomplish the same task. With all that in mind, I decided that 1 life force was more valuable than ridding myself of the Luke persona.

User avatar
Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1895
Joined: August 31st, 2003, 3:13 pm
Location: Stephenville, Tx
Contact:

Post by Asphalizo »

Hunter wrote:Reasons why Luke wasn't placed out of play:

I wasn't really worried about Escape Pod. There isn't really any reason why he COULDN'T be playing Escape Pod, (as he WAS using non-combo grimtaash to pull with it) but that alone wouldn't keep me from using the Sidious text if I thought Luke was going to be a factor. As Nitsuj pointed out, every point of life force is important to me in the final, since I know I will have a hard time keeping it close against the Scum deck in the 2nd game. My dark deck has no retrieval, so I don't want to start losing force for my own cards unless I think it's going to have a significant benefit. And I just didn't think that placing Luke out of play is a big deal. Luke is arguably the worst jedi in his deck anyway, and he sure isn't much threat to Sidious without his lightsaber. Since I'd stolen the saber with Sidious, he can't retrieve the saber to use against me later with another Luke. And I was "94% sure" that he wasn't using a 2nd copy of Luke's lightsaber. So if I place Luke out of play, he's still going to either Nabrun Obi over to fight Sidious, or deploy Mace to fight Sidious (which is what ended up happening). Yeah, he used a 2nd copy of Luke later to set up a drain of 1 at a Tatooine site, but he could have just as easily set up that drain with a Leia or a Corran Horn, or anything else. Those characters would cost less and still accomplish the same task. With all that in mind, I decided that 1 life force was more valuable than ridding myself of the Luke persona.
Oh, I understand. Looking back if you had done it anyways and he deployed Corran or Leia like you said it would've ended up a tie, instead you won by 1 force. Either way both of you played very well as the game differential shows. Enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you at next years worlds.
Image
Image

thehooky
LS Region: Endor
LS Region: Endor
Posts: 4037
Joined: April 20th, 2005, 5:56 am
Location: The globual we all reside upon

Post by thehooky »

i can speak Russian, Spanish, sign language, a little Japanese, and i type Jive! but i dont have a clue what "ingrish" is!

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 5682
Joined: June 16th, 2004, 9:10 pm
Contact:

Post by _maul »

Hunter wrote:Reasons why Luke wasn't placed out of play:

I wasn't really worried about Escape Pod. There isn't really any reason why he COULDN'T be playing Escape Pod, (as he WAS using non-combo grimtaash to pull with it) but that alone wouldn't keep me from using the Sidious text if I thought Luke was going to be a factor. As Nitsuj pointed out, every point of life force is important to me in the final, since I know I will have a hard time keeping it close against the Scum deck in the 2nd game. My dark deck has no retrieval, so I don't want to start losing force for my own cards unless I think it's going to have a significant benefit. And I just didn't think that placing Luke out of play is a big deal. Luke is arguably the worst jedi in his deck anyway, and he sure isn't much threat to Sidious without his lightsaber. Since I'd stolen the saber with Sidious, he can't retrieve the saber to use against me later with another Luke. And I was "94% sure" that he wasn't using a 2nd copy of Luke's lightsaber. So if I place Luke out of play, he's still going to either Nabrun Obi over to fight Sidious, or deploy Mace to fight Sidious (which is what ended up happening). Yeah, he used a 2nd copy of Luke later to set up a drain of 1 at a Tatooine site, but he could have just as easily set up that drain with a Leia or a Corran Horn, or anything else. Those characters would cost less and still accomplish the same task. With all that in mind, I decided that 1 life force was more valuable than ridding myself of the Luke persona.
And this type of thinking my friends is why Hunter is good.

User avatar
DDM
Member
Posts: 4569
Joined: April 3rd, 2003, 6:00 am
Location: Milano (Italy)
Contact:

Re: Pictures. 9 of 'em.

Post by DDM »

3MW0J8 wrote:Image

ddm vs tehhooky in an epic clash of non-native english speakers
That was a clash indeed! :D
I had only one smuggler in hand starting (and i play 20 more or less) while he played DDEal turn ONE!!!
That made the game very close.
Basically, two totally weird/cheesy decks facing each other, so that was actually fun. :D

Good images, btw.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

Post Reply

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”