October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Yoda007 wrote:
mikefrench wrote:AITC KDH...if you rearrange the letters, it spells D!CK HAT.

schele, no love for mwyhl? (sigh)
Creative I say! :)
I am curious about how this AITC is different than the version Dinelle and I created.

@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

lawtalkingguy
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by lawtalkingguy »

Schele wrote: DS - The Bounty Deck (I need a better title for it, any suggestions before I post it on decktech?)
The Quilted Quicker Picker Upper?
Mutiny on the Bounty?
Royal Canadian Bountied Police?

choongie
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by choongie »

By the way, I believe Mike Bahr played "steal Maul's Double-Bladed Lightsaber and use it against him with 2x swinging Mace" and "I'll Sniper the Queen with my Emperor (v) Force Lightning".

Hahah...sorry, Mike...I had to!

I'll post the pics this week sometime!

lawtalkingguy
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by lawtalkingguy »

choongie wrote:By the way, I believe Mike Bahr played "steal Maul's Double-Bladed Lightsaber and use it against him with 2x swinging Mace" and "I'll Sniper the Queen with my Emperor (v) Force Lightning".

Hahah...sorry, Mike...I had to!

I'll post the pics this week sometime!
Yep, post the pics, apparently I am either the most savage cheater ever or I don't read cards properly.

I had no idea Emperor (V) was not considered "permanent weapon"! I could have been retrieving that guy earlier in the day with ability x 3

SirYoda
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by SirYoda »

Team Tournament
LS - Naboo CRV Mains (fast, but kind of sucky)
DS - SYCFA (same old, same old)

Day 2
LS - Speeder beats (nasty suprise)
DS - CCT meta deck (very solid, but nothing fancy)

Day 3
LS - Tatooine Tosche beats (loses horribly to SYCFA)
DS - MKOS (with no less than 30 characters)

The most original stuff was the Speeders and the MKOS. I will post both on Decktech sometime soon. The MKOS is nigh invincible once you set up. It's only loss was to horribly bad luck.
STEVEN LEWIS
James Paul Booker wrote:Steve Lewis came in like Winston Wolfe and pulled out a wad of cash...

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

SirYoda wrote:Team Tournament
LS - Naboo CRV Mains (fast, but kind of sucky)
DS - SYCFA (same old, same old)

Day 2
LS - Speeder beats (nasty suprise)
DS - CCT meta deck (very solid, but nothing fancy)

Day 3
LS - Tatooine Tosche beats (loses horribly to SYCFA)
DS - MKOS (with no less than 30 characters)

The most original stuff was the Speeders and the MKOS. I will post both on Decktech sometime soon. The MKOS is nigh invincible once you set up. It's only loss was to horribly bad luck.
Congrats on a good finish Steven! I enjoyed our game - and had I drawn more than 2 ships in three turns, it would have been close. :) Curse those deflector sheild generators!
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

Day 2:

Light side: HB with corvettes and quads - (went 2-1, with my one loss coming when I couldn't draw any ships :x )

Dark side: Tusken sandwhirls - (went 1-2. Lost in a close game due to forgetting firepower, won easily against Nick. Note to self - put back in the two copies of "Kill Them Immediately").
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

MrPurple
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by MrPurple »

Pistone84 wrote:Day 2
Light - Profit Maximization (with droids) 2-1
Dark - ROPS (Yeah and right...two words in agreement with you) 2-1

Day 3
Light - HBX (Matt Sokol Special) 0-3
Dark - Bounty (The Quilted-Quicker-Picker-Upper) 1-2

I'll post more detailed results later this week when I have more time.
MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Chu x-wing swarm of death deck was good in 2000! Should have played my BHBM pile I showed you on decktech! It would have pwned!!
Matt Sokol

maxbeedo
LS Region: Dantooine
LS Region: Dantooine

Post by maxbeedo »

SirYoda wrote:DS - MKOS (with no less than 30 characters)

Kinda sounds like what my MKOS tries to be (28-32 characters), but your version is probably more refined. Mine is only 3-3 in tournament play, with 2 losses to uber-WYS(v) (had never played against it before that tournament), and 1 to Michael Richards WYS/Raiders (long, long ago, had never played against WYS then either).

Ghost
Starter
Starter

Post by Ghost »

6 (v) Card:
Light - Home-One-Turn-Two (Home One War room, Kessel, and Launching the Assault)
Dark - Senate (Doesn't use alot of (v) cards to begin with and tech for it consists of mainly (v) cards; which my first oponent was playing :( )

Day 1:
Light - Anti-Prophet (encourage oponents to strand mains on Tatooine and then set up on Naboo, no flip unless retrieval/direct damage needed)
Dark - Rat Ops (Ralltiir Operations) (using Expand the Empire on Forest, so more characters and fewer vehicles and Womp Rats/Krayt Dragon Bones)

Day 2/Non Day 2:
I played tourist

Consolation:
Light - Home-One-Turn-Two revised
Dark - Ralltiir Operations revised (no rats)

Ghost
Starter
Starter

Post by Ghost »

swccgpc_Eric wrote:What is this mystery slug tech?
I heard about this Sunday. It is quite genius. Absolutely amazing.

I do hope that DDM shares it with you guys.

I don't feel it's my place to share other peoples ideas (unless permission is given.)

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

One item of note. The one deck I didn't play, actually won every side game it was in over the weekend. Something like 5-0.

The deck is a QMC/"No Disintegrations (v)" approach. It starts the classic QMC/Beldon/Wokling, but also uses "You've Got a lot of Guts". It starts Lando/falcon + Boshek to start with Beldon, unless playing a CCT with Dark Lando, in which case it starts Dash/Outrider.

It flips easily, and has about 37 characters and ships. Every single Rebel ability =3 is in there, and one beatdown with a Jedi Presence can overwhelm. (Power 3 = 10, Power 4 = 12, etc) Drop Rebel ability = 3 pilots in space and forfeit them for high value and cause opponent 3 card loss every time they battle you. Control Kessel and Bespin. Pull "Landing Claw" with Boshek if Executer comes down.

I love to play it because it is so versitile and can overwhelm with characters and ships and because opponent gets tired of losing force to kill off my characters. Lots of evasion, and lots of suprise attack tactics. In one game the "No Disintegrations" caused 12 damage (3 to alter the first one, 3 each for 3 rebels placed out of play in battles where that was my only forfeit)

Here in our meta it does well only in friendly play, but loses in tourney's - surprisingly though at Worlds it never lost, even against some pretty good players.

It would be a fun match up with CCT as with Endor Celebration and Luke (v) it can be a retreival engine.

Anyway, I only play it for fun, but was surprised to see it never lose all weekend.

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Day 1:
LS - WYS Raiders (2-1; loss was to BFred's Hunt Down that was maybe 5 cards different from mine; wins over Richards' Watto and Brownell's SYCFA)
DS - Hunt Down (2-1; loss was to Richards' WYS Raiders that was maybe 5 cards different then mine; wins over Brownell's TRM and an EBO deck)

Day 2:
LS - WYS Raiders (1-2; losses to Joe Olson's EOps and Choogie's Court mains deck; win over Rustan's Hunt Down that was maybe 5 cards different then mine)
DS - Hunt Down (2-1; loss to Choogie's WHAP; wins over Danny Pack's LS Senate and Scott Church's WHAP)

Consolation:
LS - The Luke Deck (1-1; win over Choogie's Court Mains; loss to Brownell's Walkers)
DS - Flipping Court (0-3; losses to Andrew Howard's WYS Raiders which was my deck, JW Millet's QMC Ellors, and Choogie's WHAP)

Hunt Down: 4-2 for the weekend, with losses to WHAP and WYS Raiders
WYS Raiders: 3-3 for the weekend, with losess to EOps, Court Mains, and Hunt Down
The Luke Deck: 1-1 for the weekend, with a loss to Walkers
Court: 0-3 for the weekend, with losses to WYS Raiders, QMC Ellors, and WHAP
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

mserisman wrote:Light side: HB with corvettes and quads - (went 2-1, with my one loss coming when I couldn't draw any ships :x )
I know how that goes... :cry:

CubsFan
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by CubsFan »

Ghost wrote:
swccgpc_Eric wrote:What is this mystery slug tech?
I heard about this Sunday. It is quite genius. Absolutely amazing.

I do hope that DDM shares it with you guys.

I don't feel it's my place to share other peoples ideas (unless permission is given.)
It IS amazingly creative, but just to put it in context, all it does is use about 7 cards to satisfy Battle Plan (and any other card that gives you benefits for holding a battleground site and system) without any fear whatsoever of taking a beating at the site. it doesn't deal damage, it doesn't stop damage, it doesn't retrieve, etc.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

it sounds like the space slug tech he posted on decktech a while back, where he continuously has a y-wing being attacked by a space slug and landing in the belly in such a way it can never be battled but always satisfies battle plan for his space deck. IIRC the cornerstone was hoping your opponent didn't grab [card]this is no cave[/card].
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

DDM

Post by DDM »

Shadow 13 wrote:it sounds like the space slug tech he posted on decktech a while back, where he continuously has a y-wing being attacked by a space slug and landing in the belly in such a way it can never be battled but always satisfies battle plan for his space deck. IIRC the cornerstone was hoping your opponent didn't grab [card]this is no cave[/card].
Well, the new tech didn't need anymore This Is No Cave.
that's why CubsFan said "without any fear whatsoever of taking a beating at the site".
I had a 100% safety insurance vs beatdowns at the cave.
You'll see the submission this week on DT.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

DDM wrote:
Shadow 13 wrote:it sounds like the space slug tech he posted on decktech a while back, where he continuously has a y-wing being attacked by a space slug and landing in the belly in such a way it can never be battled but always satisfies battle plan for his space deck. IIRC the cornerstone was hoping your opponent didn't grab [card]this is no cave[/card].
Well, the new tech didn't need anymore This Is No Cave.
that's why CubsFan said "without any fear whatsoever of taking a beating at the site".
I had a 100% safety insurance vs beatdowns at the cave.
You'll see the submission this week on DT.
im gonna assume it was more than just adding a houjix, right? :wink: cause its good vs beatdowns too lol

maybe its something goof like caldera righam
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

DDM

Post by DDM »

Brad Eier wrote:im gonna assume it was more than just adding a houjix, right? :wink: cause its good vs beatdowns too lol

maybe its something goof like caldera righam
Caldera can be Set For Stunned.
And no, it wasn't Houjix or It's A Trap!. :)
Actually, like CubsFan said, it wasn't card intensive.
all i needed was:
- Roche (pulls Cave and Big One). In LS Senate, easily pulled by Mothma (V).
- Slug (pulled from the SE by Tauntaun Bones (V))
- a low power starfighter at the Big One.
Nothing else was needed. So don't look at the card list. It wasn't a card that saved the ship, but a rule.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

CRingwell wrote:I am curious about how this AITC is different than the version Dinelle and I created.
it's better
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”