2007, the year of peace

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

2007, the year of peace

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Well after worlds, it appears as if there if finally peace in the galaxy.

Worlds did a couple of things:

1: Guys you might have had beef with, you were able to talk to them and see that they are actually good guys and get it taken care of, giving peace to the boards

2: Mike Carr did an excellent job so I think everyone is happy with him, which makes the PC look really good.

3: Worlds was fun, there were a lot of different decks. It wasn't like last year where everyone was mad that you had to play the same decks over and over, it was actually fun.

4: V12 is coming out soon and everyone is excited for new cards, a new starting interupt and lots of fun new deck ideas, especially with 40+ cards

5: Seeing old friends and gaining new ones.

6: People want to keep playing. Soon as I got home from worlds I started building new decks, I now have the basic design for each objective with cards pulled for them. I ready to run more local events, I want to have a big Vegas Western Event early next year.

7: Worlds made SW fun again, something I think most of us were missing while playing this past year.

8: No more going over a year without a V set. V12 should be out by Christmas and form all the ideas I heard going around, it should be good. V13 is also far along, giving us a set quickly into the new year.

9: 2007 should be one of the best years for SW since the early 2000's.

lawtalkingguy
Booster Box
Booster Box

Re: 2007, the year of peace

Post by lawtalkingguy »

CategoryOneGames.com wrote:8: No more going over a year without a V set. V12 should be out by Christmas and form all the ideas I heard going around, it should be good. V13 is also far along, giving us a set quickly into the new year.
Technically I think Lingrell posted January as the anticipated release of v12, but I can say from my own personal opinion that I will be disappointed in my own efforts if we can't bring this ship into dock by Christmas. The flip side is that we do not wish to compromise the quality of the set. The new process greatly cuts down on the time needed for playtesting while also getting much more value out of the playtesting that our teams DO submit. But a late set is only late until it's released, while a bad set is bad forever. If v12 makes the Christmas release as many of us hope, the playing community can rest assured it's because we were confident that it was really and truly finished.

thehooky
LS Region: Endor
LS Region: Endor

Post by thehooky »

Guys you might have had beef with, you were able to talk to them and see that they are actually good guys and get it taken care of, giving peace to the boards
maybe next year i will give more nice back rubs! and yeah it was a good tournament! i was well pleased! and seeing some spoilers were cool! but from now tell the next set i think it will be a bit slow! maybe a couple spoilers would pump up the excitement!

choongie
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by choongie »

I agree with everything Scott said! This was my first time to Worlds and I honestly thought I was going to be playing against a lot of jerks...but I couldn't have been more wrong...all of my opponents were great and we generally had a good time just playing the game. I have also started building new decks and have been inspired by a lot of the creative stuff I saw there. I'm definitely looking forward to winning next year! :)

mserisman

Re: 2007, the year of peace

Post by mserisman »

CategoryOneGames.com wrote:Well after worlds, it appears as if there if finally peace in the galaxy.

Worlds did a couple of things:

1: Guys you might have had beef with, you were able to talk to them and see that they are actually good guys and get it taken care of, giving peace to the boards

2: Mike Carr did an excellent job so I think everyone is happy with him, which makes the PC look really good.

3: Worlds was fun, there were a lot of different decks. It wasn't like last year where everyone was mad that you had to play the same decks over and over, it was actually fun.

4: V12 is coming out soon and everyone is excited for new cards, a new starting interupt and lots of fun new deck ideas, especially with 40+ cards

5: Seeing old friends and gaining new ones.

6: People want to keep playing. Soon as I got home from worlds I started building new decks, I now have the basic design for each objective with cards pulled for them. I ready to run more local events, I want to have a big Vegas Western Event early next year.

7: Worlds made SW fun again, something I think most of us were missing while playing this past year.

8: No more going over a year without a V set. V12 should be out by Christmas and form all the ideas I heard going around, it should be good. V13 is also far along, giving us a set quickly into the new year.

9: 2007 should be one of the best years for SW since the early 2000's.
Awesome post! I totally agree - on all fronts.

Especially the opportunity to meet people in person, that is great. I also agree that Mike did a fantastic job, and I have a lot for respect for him as a person.

When you can put faces to names, it does make for an environment where I want to be engaged and help in any way I can.

Thanks for the great post.
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

CategoryOneGames.com

Pistone's list of good things:
Pistone84 wrote:If worlds could boost MY interest for the game, I'm pretty sure it did for most people. You have no idea how stale this game was getting for me. I figured I'd done the worlds route enough times by now that it was just going to continually mean less and less to me, but its not the case at all, for many reasons.

1. The people are still great
2. The meta has evolved to be very diverse, and less abusive
3. The skill seems to be coming back
4. The return of older players, giving us newer players a chance to prove ourselves
5. Better competition
6. Carr and Anderson ran a phenomenal tournament
7. The PC and everyone seem to be more receptive to each others ideas
8. People were nice to each other, instead of all the typical and expected bickering
9. Worlds was at a small venue, instead of a giant convention. This made it a much better atmosphere, and as far as I know, everyone said this was the most inexpensive trip to worlds they've had.

Kudos to everyone involved!

CategoryOneGames.com

I spent 240 on my plane and brought 200 cash with me. Between selling some cards and buying cards at the event, Hotel and cab rides, I came home with 0 cash in my pocket, but this trip only cost me 440 dollars, that is amazing. There was a lot that I was able to do, got a lot of great new cards and it cost me very little. Imagine if this was at a Con, I would have spent around double.

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

thehooky wrote:
maybe next year i will give more nice back rubs! and yeah it was a good tournament! i was well pleased! and seeing some spoilers were cool! but from now tell the next set i think it will be a bit slow! maybe a couple spoilers would pump up the excitement!
Seriously, thehooky = good people.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Pistone84 wrote: Seriously, thehooky = good people.
...Yeah, probably. He should just warn people before he jumps in with those back rubs. Caught me off guard! :shock:

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Brian Hunter, you were 94% sure that you wanted it.
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

CategoryOneGames.com

I was saying no just as his arm hit and man, that no got stuck in my throat and didn't move.

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

Seriously that kid has a future in that.

CategoryOneGames.com

Yeah man, forget the store, go to school for that sort of thing and open your own Spa for rich women and milk that money for all you can, cause those rich women love a good massage from a nice young man. I'm telling you, my wife watches sex and the city and there is an episode where all the women go to this one spa and pay more because they guy is a good looking guy. There is money there.

bluethrawn
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by bluethrawn »

CategoryOneGames.com wrote:I'm telling you, my wife watches sex and the city and there is an episode where all the women go to this one spa and pay more because they guy is a good looking guy.
Yeah, they're not paying more for his looks, they're paying more because he's not just massaging them, and I don't think we want to start talking about Noah and his back rubs in that context.

CategoryOneGames.com

See, I didn't realize that there was more to this, usually it is something I see on in the background as I'm messing with cards, so I didn't really know the plot. Yikes!

Lord Helmet
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Lord Helmet »

bluethrawn wrote:
CategoryOneGames.com wrote:I'm telling you, my wife watches sex and the city and there is an episode where all the women go to this one spa and pay more because they guy is a good looking guy.
Yeah, they're not paying more for his looks, they're paying more because he's not just massaging them, and I don't think we want to start talking about Noah and his back rubs in that context.
Wow, BT, your evil monkey is freaking me out. Seriously.
Bryan Batdorf
Founder of Team Stephenville, a subsidiary of Team Texas
Recent 4-4 at my first Worlds! I RULE.

bluethrawn
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by bluethrawn »

Lord Helmet wrote:Wow, BT, your evil monkey is freaking me out. Seriously.
Try dealing with a 20 foot version of it staring down at you from high atop the WotC display on the GenCon gaming floor for four days at Worlds 2005.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

bluethrawn wrote:
Try dealing with a 20 foot version of it staring down at you from high atop the WotC display on the GenCon gaming floor for four days at Worlds 2005.
Honestly, that is why I scrubbed out at GenCon 2k5.

No evil monkey this year, and I make day 3.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

bluethrawn
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by bluethrawn »

deadbody wrote:Honestly, that is why I scrubbed out at GenCon 2k5.
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that you play most championship circuit events with both hands wrapped around your throat... 8)
deadbody wrote:No evil monkey this year, and I make day 3.
Fine, blame Mister Bananas. See if I care...

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

deadbody wrote:
bluethrawn wrote:
Honestly, that is why I scrubbed out at GenCon 2k5.

No evil monkey this year, and I make day 3.
Maybe you did so well because you didn't have an alcoholic beverage!!!

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”