2007, the year of peace

October 19th - October 22nd
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
http://www.pastimes.net/
deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

bluethrawn wrote:
deadbody wrote:Honestly, that is why I scrubbed out at GenCon 2k5.
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that you play most championship circuit events with both hands wrapped around your throat... 8)
deadbody wrote:No evil monkey this year, and I make day 3.
Fine, blame Mister Bananas. See if I care...

Nick, I'm contemplating deleting all your posts, just to get Mr. Bananas off my screen.

and I think I've gotten over that choking thing.

THe last couple years have gone pretty well.

Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

bluethrawn
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by bluethrawn »

deadbody wrote:THe last couple years have gone pretty well.
This I shall not dispute, though it is less humorous.

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

Asphalizo wrote: Maybe you did so well because you didn't have an alcoholic beverage!!!
:lol:

thehooky
LS Region: Endor
LS Region: Endor

Post by thehooky »

Yeah man, forget the store, go to school for that sort of thing and open your own Spa for rich women

yeah mabey i should look into it! i havet he store set in stone now though! the atturny is doing the rest for me right now. it should be all set up in a month or so.

some times the guys at work will pay me 5 bucks(tax free) and ill work them over for a little bit! the odd thing is i like doing it! mabey its the wrestler comeing out in me, sens i cant wrestle any more.

its only a six month class if i want to learn the right way to do it, but from what i have herd i seem to do it the right way! i do hope to go to worlds next year and ill set up a little stand and give rub downs befor and after each round? sound like a plan?

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

thehooky wrote:
Yeah man, forget the store, go to school for that sort of thing and open your own Spa for rich women

yeah mabey i should look into it! i havet he store set in stone now though! the atturny is doing the rest for me right now. it should be all set up in a month or so.

some times the guys at work will pay me 5 bucks(tax free) and ill work them over for a little bit! the odd thing is i like doing it! mabey its the wrestler comeing out in me, sens i cant wrestle any more.

its only a six month class if i want to learn the right way to do it, but from what i have herd i seem to do it the right way! i do hope to go to worlds next year and ill set up a little stand and give rub downs befor and after each round? sound like a plan?
That so freaked me out when you did that. I'm a huge homophobe.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

So the "year of peace" lasted for, what, 2 days? Less? Some of the discussions here and on the buzz boards are simply ridiculous, you'd think it'd be possible to come to swccg forums and, like, talk about the game, cards, strategies, tournament reports and stuff but all we get is interminable whining about "the meta", cut/paste posts of arguments which have been cut/pasted 100 times before and insanely over the top personal attacks. Sheesh.

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

Just ignore the random BS. It's not worth it.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

Pistone84 wrote:Just ignore the random BS. It's not worth it.
You're right, and I do try, but there's simply too much of it and basically no gameplay discussion, which is annoying. There's also been no full tourney reports for those of us eager for details (though I assume these are being written :lol:) and no one's really talking about what happened in the games, what tech they saw etc.

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

I haven't had time to write anything up, I'll try to soon. I won't be posting any decklists, but I can post some TR's.

Thomas Caspersen

Post by Thomas Caspersen »

Psychobabble wrote:So the "year of peace" lasted for, what, 2 days? Less? Some of the discussions here and on the buzz boards are simply ridiculous, you'd think it'd be possible to come to swccg forums and, like, talk about the game, cards, strategies, tournament reports and stuff but all we get is interminable whining about "the meta", cut/paste posts of arguments which have been cut/pasted 100 times before and insanely over the top personal attacks. Sheesh.
Don't put too much into that. Most of the players "discussing" the WTO-EPP-etc stuff is a lot more satisfied now that last year, no doubt.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

Thomas Caspersen wrote:Don't put too much into that. Most of the players "discussing" the WTO-EPP-etc stuff is a lot more satisfied now that last year, no doubt.
It's not only that, there's an entirely separate war that's broken out on the buzz boards (I only scanned, but I saw enough), and it spiled over a bit here. Silly stuff.

Thomas Caspersen

Ahh, I'll head over and take a look.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

Thomas Caspersen wrote:Ahh, I'll head over and take a look.
Errr, I wasn't suggesting that you do that :). That fire don't need any more fuel, if we ignore it it might go away...

Thomas Caspersen

It didn't look to bad. Just Stratton and Kline in an oldfashioned catfight :mrgreen:

The Honky Tonk Man

Post by The Honky Tonk Man »

Psychobabble wrote:So the "year of peace" lasted for, what, 2 days? Less? Some of the discussions here and on the buzz boards are simply ridiculous, you'd think it'd be possible to come to swccg forums and, like, talk about the game, cards, strategies, tournament reports and stuff but all we get is interminable whining about "the meta", cut/paste posts of arguments which have been cut/pasted 100 times before and insanely over the top personal attacks. Sheesh.
Who wrote what editorial that started all these shenanigans?

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Well, I think it's still better for us players to have 'hissy fits' with each other than taking out PC members 1 by 1. The PC has already lost some of the best people in the game and so it's good that it's not going at them.

As far as players. I think the people that fueds going into worlds came away friends. I know a lot of people had different thoughts on Schele but I would say anyone that felt that way before would say that he is a really nice guy.

Worlds did a lot to help with the fighting, where we go from here is up in the air. I think most of the time if something is brewing or something is taken wrong, a nice PM would work.

On one of the other threads, I thought one player was saying something that didn't need to be said and so I said something along the lines of we don't need to start anything, a nice message was waiting for me later that day that said he didn't mean anything by it and I must have read it wrong. He was correct and so no big deal. This is the way things should be handled on here, it will make it a lot nicer for new players to come around.

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

I would say the dicsussions now are much better than ever before regarding such opinionated and sensitive topics.

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

CategoryOneGames.com wrote:Well, I think it's still better for us players to have 'hissy fits' with each other than taking out PC members 1 by 1. The PC has already lost some of the best people in the game and so it's good that it's not going at them.

As far as players. I think the people that fueds going into worlds came away friends. I know a lot of people had different thoughts on Schele but I would say anyone that felt that way before would say that he is a really nice guy.

Worlds did a lot to help with the fighting, where we go from here is up in the air. I think most of the time if something is brewing or something is taken wrong, a nice PM would work.

On one of the other threads, I thought one player was saying something that didn't need to be said and so I said something along the lines of we don't need to start anything, a nice message was waiting for me later that day that said he didn't mean anything by it and I must have read it wrong. He was correct and so no big deal. This is the way things should be handled on here, it will make it a lot nicer for new players to come around.
Agreed!

I think the tone has improved across the PC boards here since Worlds.

Decktech is still nasty, but that is likely fueled by the ability to post as someone else - a totally absurd process.
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

DT is crazy because anyone can post as anything and people are doing wierd things over there like a new PC and such.

The best way to get around the fake names is by getting a Premium membership. They are only $15 dollars and they really support the site. Neal has been using his own money to keep it going for a long time and it needs help, so if we want to continue to have it be a great resource for posting decks and Tournament reports, we need to support it.

This will also keep your name from being used. Except for the person that uses Scotty Church over there. GRRRRRR . . I"m going to get that guy. :P

Return to “[FY06] Worlds Weekend 2006”