random worlds stuff, read this if u want

October 4th - October 7th
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
pastimes.net
The Franchise

random worlds stuff, read this if u want

Post by The Franchise »

hey just was thinking, here are some thoughts and suggestions for worlds, feel free to comment/ participate

1. bring trade stuff. i will try to bring sw, raw deal and sw uc sheets to trade (or sell).

2. bring like toothpaste and deodorant and clean clothes and stuff. hygiene= good. most sw players are better than the average gamer about this

3. fri or sat night we should get a big group and go to a sizzler or something or even a bar or whatever, maybe watch a game or something. idk just hang out with peeps we sometimes only see once a year, talk about sw, talk about whatever, build comraderie (sp?) amongst the sw crew. everyone is invited, also feel free to suggest places to go if you know the area

4. the rulebook.
i have an old se golssary i have been having people sign by their favorite entry that the ar changed. i will try to bring this to have people sign it

5. bring sharpies
sharpie paint are best if u can find them. have people sign cards!

6. bring CASH. cash is good cause you dont need to find atms. cash works everywhere. cash is what you will need to buy stuff off of other players or whatever.

7. anything else peeps want to suggest

V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

DarkLordOTS

Re: random worlds stuff, read this if u want

Post by DarkLordOTS »

Brad Eier wrote: 2. bring like toothpaste and deodorant and clean clothes and stuff. hygiene= good. most sw players are better than the average gamer about this

3. fri or sat night we should get a big group and go to a sizzler or something or even a bar or whatever, maybe watch a game or something. idk just hang out with peeps we sometimes only see once a year, talk about sw, talk about whatever, build comraderie (sp?) amongst the sw crew. everyone is invited, also feel free to suggest places to go if you know the area

6. bring CASH. cash is good cause you dont need to find atms. cash works everywhere. cash is what you will need to buy stuff off of other players or whatever.
2) gets a big amen. Showering is also a lovely past time.
3) would be cool... something the the BWWs we went to in Indy?
6) good advice.

7s) Bring water/beverage/snack... you might get hungry before/after the set break time and hunger will only distract you from your best play.
Me: "So first Sidious fingered Amidala, then Maul went down, then Emperor went down."
Tom: "Sounds like a pretty intense sexual experience."

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

7) Make sure everyone (coughPMJcough) is 21 so you don't get blackballed when doing #3.

DarkLordOTS

Post by DarkLordOTS »

Schele wrote:7) Make sure everyone (coughPMJcough) is 21 so you don't get blackballed when doing #3.
or has a good fake ;)
Me: "So first Sidious fingered Amidala, then Maul went down, then Emperor went down."
Tom: "Sounds like a pretty intense sexual experience."

arebelspy

Re: random worlds stuff, read this if u want

Post by arebelspy »

Brad Eier wrote:hey just was thinking, here are some thoughts and suggestions for worlds, feel free to comment/ participate

1. bring trade stuff. i will try to bring sw, raw deal and sw uc sheets to trade (or sell).

2. bring like toothpaste and deodorant and clean clothes and stuff. hygiene= good. most sw players are better than the average gamer about this

4. the rulebook.
i have an old se golssary i have been having people sign by their favorite entry that the ar changed. i will try to bring this to have people sign it

5. bring sharpies
sharpie paint are best if u can find them. have people sign cards!

7. anything else peeps want to suggest
all great ideas. #3 ftw, hanging out with ppl that you only get to see once/year at worlds is a blast.

-arebelspy

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

im down for this *. is the ohio ktod football clash going to happen?

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

these are all awesome ideas. esp the deoderant one, pretend you are going to find girls at worlds and WASH ACCORDINGLY. at least this can't be as bad as the last World of Warcraft tournament game i played, that guy stank so bad i almost puked during the game.

building camaraderie is also a very good idea, help put faces to the names we see on these boards all the time. i need to find a tshirt with a big 13 on it....
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Shadow 13 wrote:these are all awesome ideas. esp the deoderant one, pretend you are going to find girls at worlds and WASH ACCORDINGLY. at least this can't be as bad as the last World of Warcraft tournament game i played, that guy stank so bad i almost puked during the game.

building camaraderie is also a very good idea, help put faces to the names we see on these boards all the time. i need to find a tshirt with a big 13 on it....
i have a big shirt with a 13 on it... maurice clarett jersey. its size xxxl which is big even on me lol
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

<-- Will be the kid in the emo-band T-shirts and a hat.

I was considering wearing the old LotR "Fierce" and "Ringbound" shirts, just for hilarity's sake, but then I realized that it was still in public.

Is PMJ the only one (aside from Greg and I) that wasn't 21 last year? Because if that's the case (and assuming he is 21 now) then I don't think anyone will be left out.

Is there going to be any poker anywhere during the time I'm there? I'll be there late Thursday night until Monday morning.
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

PMJ was the only one of the group that included myself, Pistone, Stratton, Meeker, Reid, PMJ, and Tartag.

I have no idea who else is what age.

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

Schele wrote:7) Make sure everyone (coughPMJcough) is 21 so you don't get blackballed when doing #3.
:idea:

Return to “[FY07] Worlds Weekend 2007”