Worlds Highlights & Observations

October 4th - October 7th
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
pastimes.net
Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

many of my opponents were riffle shufflers, so it didn't matter if their foils were bent, because every card in their deck was a little bent from the shuffling. i personally took every foil out of my decks.

ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

From what I could tell, the rule about warped foils was basically ignored. I had multiple opponents that were using obviously warped foils, but did not "call them on it." In games where I was not playing, but just observing (I watched some games on Day 1, and watched several games from the Consolation tournament during Day 3, after I had been eliminated) I saw many more warped foils, and still never saw anyone complain. I also never saw any of my opponents (or any of those other players) make a play that seemed to be BASED on the presence of a warped foil. So there seemed to be a Gentleman's Agreement between the players, which said "Don't cheat with your warped foils, and I won't complain that they are warped."

maxbeedo
LS Region: Dantooine
LS Region: Dantooine

Post by maxbeedo »

Hunter wrote:So there seemed to be a Gentleman's Agreement between the players, which said "Don't cheat with your warped foils, and I won't complain that they are warped."
That's pretty much what I saw, too. I only heard of one game where anything was mentioned, and it was quickly fixed.

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

NAMES... We want names... so there can be blood on these forums!!!!!!
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

Return to “[FY07] Worlds Weekend 2007”