[Day 2] Worlds

October 4th - October 7th
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
pastimes.net
XjedeyeX
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by XjedeyeX »

Bottom line is you had to be prepared for all the decks, no matter how broken they were. you make your provisions and you deal with it. Out of all the 'broken decks' being discussed, out of the top 8 (sixteen decks) fear was represented once, light senate twice, and agents once. If decks were "broken," surely there would have been more representation of each.

I think what we need to focus on is the meta as the game moves forward. What can we do to allow this game to evolve and grow is what we should be addressing, rather than bickering over events that happened.
can't disagree with you there

XjedeyeX
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by XjedeyeX »

and there were a LOT of decks there...

so many so that i think attempts to say one or more decks dominated are silly

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

band_member wrote:Fear not a skill deck? From what I heard of Hunter's games, it sounds like he did at least a couple of pretty cool moves, like Set For Stun on Han when Han's Toolkit (v) was on table to allow the Fear damage to go through and then doing it 3 or 4 more times in a row?
Maybe you guys do that in every game though but I thought that sounded pretty neat.
no wonder your combat was 0-4, lol. tracking a 4 3-4 turns in a row in a deck that pretty much activates whatever it wants to doesn't sound that difficult.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Shadow 13 wrote:
band_member wrote:Fear not a skill deck? From what I heard of Hunter's games, it sounds like he did at least a couple of pretty cool moves, like Set For Stun on Han when Han's Toolkit (v) was on table to allow the Fear damage to go through and then doing it 3 or 4 more times in a row?
Maybe you guys do that in every game though but I thought that sounded pretty neat.
no wonder your combat was 0-4, lol. tracking a 4 3-4 turns in a row in a deck that pretty much activates whatever it wants to doesn't sound that difficult.
Ryan my combat was 0-4, Mike played dickhat (and went 0-4 :)

I forgot to include a couple key cards cause I built the deck late, and during our game I pretty much just mailed it in when I saw your starting stuff. We need to have another game, you were a good guy, and a good opponent (even if you don't *sniff* like my card design :)
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

Anyone ever see that South Park episode where everyone ignored Cartman and he thought he was dead? Maybe we could do that to Hunter.

Anyways, after catching up on pages and pages of crap, I see that nothing really has changed. Hunter is still trying to shovel his crap upon the PC and interested parties. It does seem that more people are NOT buying it this time.

I do love the hypocrisy. The deck isn't that good but he played it on day 2. I don't care what he says, that does mean something. He wants to make fun of TO shenanigans but forgot his own. I still would love to know what the two other DS decks that are better than Fear, according to Hunter. I really hope that one of them isn't RalOps.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

deadbody wrote:
Shadow 13 wrote:
Ryan my combat was 0-4, Mike played dickhat (and went 0-4 :)

I forgot to include a couple key cards cause I built the deck late, and during our game I pretty much just mailed it in when I saw your starting stuff. We need to have another game, you were a good guy, and a good opponent (even if you don't *sniff* like my card design :)
my apologies, i actually managed to avoid meeting raveling all weekend. and yeah, combat v combat is never a fun matchup for anyone.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Shadow 13 wrote:combat v combat is never a fun matchup for anyone.
I don't know, I actually almost like it. It becomes a huge skill game. I'm probably alone there though...

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

_maul wrote:
Shadow 13 wrote:combat v combat is never a fun matchup for anyone.
I don't know, I actually almost like it. It becomes a huge skill game. I'm probably alone there though...
Yes, it's actually pretty good. Especially when you play Obi's Cape (V).

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

jim, sry i didnt gwt u this sooner:

worlds results- brian hunter, even after using his v card veto power to keep his pet fear deck in the meta, still managed to drop the ball on day 3. i mean, you would think the self appointed best player ever would wins worlds once. bastian did. chu did TWICE. instead, hunters greatest worlds achievement was to equal the finish of one JAMES BOOKER, who has also finished runner up. this year, hunter got 5th. turns out, he wasnt even the best BRIAN in the top 8 this time around

sry hunter u seemed ok to me but i promised jim i would do this for his sig
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

band_member
DS Region: Bespin
DS Region: Bespin

Post by band_member »

Shadow 13 wrote:stuff...

my apologies, i actually managed to avoid meeting raveling all weekend. ...
And here I thought we were such good friends. Your brother sends me such nice PMs.
-Our game's card designer said "...something as inconsequential as the World Championships for a very dorky hobby."
-Loves eggs.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

do we have a list of how everyone did in day 2 in order?
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

brian hollingworth didnt go to worlds?

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

CRingwell wrote:brian hollingworth didnt go to worlds?
he didn't.

Return to “[FY07] Worlds Weekend 2007”