[Day 3] Worlds

October 4th - October 7th
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
pastimes.net
Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

3MW0J8 wrote:it would've been 13 but i only had 12 in the lost pile. i would say the consolation tournament was a success at consoling me for missing out on day 3 for the second year in a row. and if chu is the best player ever i feel pretty good as well cuz he and i always have CLOSE games.
I take it you won then? given the strength of the field left esp this year, the consolation tournament definitely means something, well done :). what decks did you end up taking both days? any chance of a full day 2/consol tourney TR from you? it'd def be appreciated.

DougRed4
Historical Advocate

Post by DougRed4 »

Congrats to Jonny Chu, the first ever repeat World Champion in the game's history!!!

An amazing feat by an incredible and classy player!
Doug Taylor
Red 4
Star Wars CCG Player Advocate
Card Design

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

yeah reid beat me 2-0 in a big tournament AGAIN to relegate me to 5th place AGAIN. origins 2004 repeat ftl. at least this time it was closer (losses by 2 and 11 instead of 20+, lol). always a classy opponent, esp for giving us a ride to the hotel afterwards. i also lost to PMJ, so i don't feel bad about my 3-3 today (breaking even with huge positive differential is always a good feeling).
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

mryellow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by mryellow »

3MW0J8 wrote:it would've been 13 but i only had 12 in the lost pile. i would say the consolation tournament was a success at consoling me for missing out on day 3 for the second year in a row. and if chu is the best player ever i feel pretty good as well cuz he and i always have CLOSE games.
Dunno about best player but I know I'm 0-3 lifetime vs CCT

DarkLordOTS

Post by DarkLordOTS »

Congrats Chu, you were inspirational.

Also, I did record all of Chu's games and will work on finding a place for them somewhere.
Me: "So first Sidious fingered Amidala, then Maul went down, then Emperor went down."
Tom: "Sounds like a pretty intense sexual experience."

jawa_knight
LS Region: Mon Calamari
LS Region: Mon Calamari

Post by jawa_knight »

DarkLordOTS wrote:Congrats Chu, you were inspirational.

Also, I did record all of Chu's games and will work on finding a place for them somewhere.
Excellent

WampaX
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by WampaX »

Congratulations to Chu on his victory.

Apparently forgot to report on that . . . whoops
:oops:
Help the proofing team save the majestic MOOSE. Please, give generously to help save these fantastic creatures.
http://www.swccgpc.com/forums/lwdonate.php

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

mikefrench wrote:HUNTER LOSES!!!! YES YES YES!!!
Classy. Let me know when you are turning 7 years old, I'll send you a birthday card.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

DougRed4 wrote: So where is the SYC/Fear at? Even Hunter didn't play it?
Nah. Zero Fear decks, once the chips were down. I had a tough choice for Day 3, as I couldn't decided which of the two dark decks I was considering, would be the best option. Fear was never in the running to be my Day 3 deck. But I tried not to let that be public knowledge. I think Brad Eier was about the only person who I more or less told flat-out that I wouldn't use Fear in Day 3.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

mikefrench wrote: the only thing hunter is #1 at is lying to the pc/players about the power level of fear v and cheating steven lewis.
I have not lied about the power level of fear. When I talk to people privately on Instant Messenger or by phone, when nobody else can see my true opinion, it remains the same. When it became certain that no errata to the card would occur before Worlds, and there was no longer any risk in revealing my true opinion, it remained the same. I also said that no matter what happened at Worlds, even if it won Day 3, or even if it won Day 3 in MY hands, and it would then be safe to say "haha, fooled ya! I knew it was broken all along" then my opinion would still remain the same. And it does. Fear is not broken. It is not even overpowered. It is not even the best DS deck available.

As for the Steven Lewis crack, you really need to shut up. Everyone already knows what a jackass you are, you can stop proving it and re-proving it all the time. Nobody really has a right to comment on that game but myself, and Steven. I didn't knowingly cheat him, and I'm 99% sure that if Steven were to comment on the subject, he would also say that I didn't knowingly cheat him. Because he knows as well as I do, that if I were ACTUALLY aware of the card interaction between the Toolkit, and IHSA/Savrip, then there is no way I would have put the Toolkit on the table. In fact, there is no way I would have put the Toolkit in my DECK. That was the first time I have ever deployed the card. I may never deploy it again.

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

Hunter wrote:
DougRed4 wrote: So where is the SYC/Fear at? Even Hunter didn't play it?
Nah. Zero Fear decks, once the chips were down. I had a tough choice for Day 3, as I couldn't decided which of the two dark decks I was considering, would be the best option. Fear was never in the running to be my Day 3 deck. But I tried not to let that be public knowledge. I think Brad Eier was about the only person who I more or less told flat-out that I wouldn't use Fear in Day 3.
You didn't have to tell anyone that you weren't playing fear(V) on day 3, raveling did it for you towards the end of day 2. :roll:

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Jim Jerriko wrote: You didn't have to tell anyone that you weren't playing fear(V) on day 3, raveling did it for you towards the end of day 2. :roll:
Don't know what that means. But luckily, don't care.

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

Hunter wrote:
Jim Jerriko wrote: You didn't have to tell anyone that you weren't playing fear(V) on day 3, raveling did it for you towards the end of day 2. :roll:
Don't know what that means.
I will spell it out for you.

IN A POST BY RAVELING, HE SAID THAT YOU WOULD NOT BE PLAYING FEAR(V) ON DAY 3.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

As if he'd have any way to know? I'm sure everyone picked their day 3 decks based on what Raveling said. Did he happen to mention what I WOULD be playing? Because I hadn't even decided that myself yet.

band_member
DS Region: Bespin

Post by band_member »

Jim Jerriko wrote:
Hunter wrote:

I'd like to know when I said that? If I did, I'd have to apologize to Hunter for the rest of my life.
-Our game's card designer said "...something as inconsequential as the World Championships for a very dorky hobby."
-Loves eggs.

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

Hunter wrote:As if he'd have any way to know? I'm sure everyone picked their day 3 decks based on what Raveling said. Did he happen to mention what I WOULD be playing? Because I hadn't even decided that myself yet.
Well, he must be a great psychic then considering that he posted that info on day 2. Everything you said is completely irrelevant.

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

band_member wrote:
Jim Jerriko wrote:
Hunter wrote:

I'd like to know when I said that? If I did, I'd have to apologize to Hunter for the rest of my life.
Give me a minute. I copy and pasted it, but I am trying to hide the original post.

band_member

Post by band_member »

Oh I see why you think I said that from this quote......"
Someone wrote: mikefrench wrote:
oh and hunter took his syc fear to 3-1, as did garrett larson. steven lewis went 2-2 with his (but one game he got cheated by hunter, so perhaps he should've gone 3-1, we'll never know). but fear isn't a very good deck.

to the PC: we told you so. hunter sold you the brooklyn bridge. "fear isn't good enough for an errata." if that was the truth (which it obviously wasn't), why would hunter bring fear to the tournament with the best competition, the tournament he's been wanting to win for YEARS, the tournament that's always eluded him? if hunter TRULY thought that fear "is NOT VERY GOOD" then why would he play it day 2 of worlds? he obviously thought that it was the BEST DECK for that day, or he wouldn't have been playing it. FACT

this just proves that hunter is a self-serving jerk and his opinions on the power level of cards and the meta CAN'T BE TRUSTED.
Do you know anything? Day 2 of worlds has NOT eluded Hunter. He's gotten through Day 2 every year as far as I know (maybe not when he didn't show up...) If Fear was his unstoppable deck, wouldn't he use it Day 3 so he can guarantee himself the World Champion title? Wouldn't a broken deck go 4 and 0 for everyone? Don't take me wrong though because I think Fear is a good deck and is powerful. I also wouldn't care if Fear was toned down. At the same time, I don't think every card that anyone uses that is is slightly good should get an errata. Plus, you weren't even here at Worlds to comment on what was good or bad in the meta here. I was here and I did lose to a Fear deck but it was more because of Dreaded Imperial Starfleet along with ISD (V) making things cheaper than dirt than it was because of Fear damage itself."
I was going from the assumption that anyone using a deck on Day 2 that could be easilty teched against would switch it to something else in Day 3. I don't think I knew what hunter was going to play when I posted this but I might have. So maybe I will have to apologize to Hunter for the rest of my life...
Last edited by band_member on October 9th, 2007, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Our game's card designer said "...something as inconsequential as the World Championships for a very dorky hobby."
-Loves eggs.

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

Yep, that's the one:
"If Fear was his unstoppable deck, wouldn't he use it Day 3 "

Archmage
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Archmage »

Hunter wrote:Nobody really has a right to comment on that game but myself, and Steven. .
Yes, people do have this right.

Second I believe that you bring FEAR to Worlds does indicate that you believe it is a string deck. I think it is embarrassing to the PC that after claim it was unplayable, you then played it.

I do not believe that you intentionally cheated Mr. Lewis, but do you claim that I don't even have the right to make that comment. Kind of funny.
Largest Sanctioned SWCCG Tournament - 1st Place
US National Champion 2006
Rank in local store - 4th - 6th

Return to “[FY07] Worlds Weekend 2007”