October 4th - October 7th
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
pastimes.net
mryellow
World Champion
World Champion

my worlds decklists

Post by mryellow »

I'm leaving town tomorrow early for a few days and won't be able to post anything probably until the end of the week. So expect a TR then, but for now here are my Day 2 decks. (Day 3 was the same dark and KToD Senate, which they can post since it's not my deck)

Agents of the Black Sun

Start (9)
Agents of the Black Sun objective
Coruscant
Coruscant: Imperial City
Prince Xizor (v)
Information Exchange (v)
Scum and Villainy
Jabba's Influence (v)
Drop (v)
Twi'lek Advisor (v)

Locations (3)
Blockade Flagship: Bridge
Coruscant: DB (EP1)
Spaceport Docking Bay

Guys (18)
Prince Xizor (v)
Guri
Guri (v)
Vigo x2
Reegesk (v)
Greedo (v)
Jodo Kast
Boba Fett (v)
Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
IG-88 with gun
4-LOM with gun
The Emperor (v) x2
Bane Malar (v)
Lando Calrissian (v)
Bossk with Mortar Gun
Dr Evazan + Ponda Baba

Ships (3)
Zuckuss In Mist Hunter x2
Maul's Sith Infiltrator

Interrupts (18)
Lando System (v) x2
Twi'lek Advisor (v)
We Must Accelerate Our Plans x2
Unexpected Interruption x2
Hidden Weapons x2
Overload
Sense x3
Elis Helrot
Evader/Monnok
Weapon Levitation

Effects (9)
Establish Control (v)
Ket Maliss (v)
First Strike
Blast Door Controls
Broken Concentration
No Escape
Search And Destroy
Ability Ability Ability
Presence Of The Force

Echo Base Operations

Start (8)
Hoth: 4th Marker
Hoth: 1st Marker
Hoth
Careful Planning (v)
Wokling (v)
Strike Planning
A New Secret Base
Thrown Back (v)

Locations (5)
Sullust
Endor
Hoth: Docking Bay
Hoth: Echo Corridor
Hoth: CC War Room

Guys (5)
General Rieekan (v)
Mon Mothma (v)
Leia (v)
Corran Horn
Luke Skywalker (v)

Ships (17)
X-wing x13
Gold Leader in Gold 1 (v)
Spiral x2
Han Chewie Falcon

Effects (7)
Echo Base Operations
Rebel Fleet
Projection of a Skywalker
Haven
Imperial Atrocity (v)
Incom Corporation
Scrambled Transmission (v)

Interrupts (17)
Hyper Escape x2
Rebel Barrier x2
Alternatives to Fighting x2
It Can Wait
Organized Attack x3
All Wings Report In
Escape Pod (v) x2
Houjix
Grimtaash
Out Of Commission/Trans Term x2

Other (1)
X-wing Cannon
Last edited by mryellow on October 8th, 2007, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

mryellow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by mryellow »

Some deck notes:

The AoBS is really sweet but takes some practice. I copied the deck idea originally from Tim Simon who I saw playing it at MD states last year or the year before that. I didn't actually see a decklist but I was watching him play a guy and pay 0 for forfeit 9 guys. Seemed good.

At worlds, the deck posted victories of 39, 38, 36 and 10 in Day 2 and 22, 21, 16 in Day 3.

The EBO is a terrible deck. Note the ground package. It was a product of the night before and not having a light deck that could beat both Fear and any variety of DS ground decks like Hunt Down, CCT, Watto, AoBS, etc. So I figured I would suck it up and lose to all those decks, but beat Fear. I got the idea from Joe Giannetti and Aaron Kingery. But then I took out all the good cards (the ground package).

Obviously it's one-sided, but the damage potential is awfully high. I played vs one Fear deck (Brian Hunter's) in game 8 of Day 2 and won by 18. But I found it sad I had to make a deck that is an auto-loss to 75% of decks in order to beat one particular decktype. Oh well. It went 2-2, losing to CCT by 19, Combat by 4, and beating a Rallops by 20something thanks to a good dose of luck.

Enjoy

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

thx heaps for posting and look forward to seeing the tr :)

ps that aobs is extremely similar to shaw's day 3 list from last year. heavy sac, 2x lando puller, very similar char/red mix... idk how much various aobs list differ, but that looks similar enough that I'm guessing it originated with him.
Last edited by Psychobabble on October 8th, 2007, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

jawa_knight
LS Region: Mon Calamari
LS Region: Mon Calamari

Post by jawa_knight »

Was the final confrontation filmed?

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

Psychobabble wrote:thx heaps for posting and look forward to seeing the tr :)

ps that aobs is extremely similar to shaw's day 3 list from last year. heavy sac, 2x lando puller, very similar char/red mix... idk how much various aobs list differ, but that looks similar enough that I'm guessing it originated with him.
Shaw got the deck from Chu last year. Fred played the same deck last year as well, heh.

So I guess they would be similar, eh?

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

Schele wrote:Shaw got the deck from Chu last year. Fred played the same deck last year as well, heh.

oops, the deck was called "shaw hijacks chu/fred aobs" wasn't it :). I'm surprised that deck managed to get so far with so little changing. it got very popular for a while online and then, from what I saw, it started getting dominated by mains playing 2x scum v, 3x sense, some anti-evasion and 2x grabbers (or the revo deck). I mean the deck is basically bulleted by the best v interrupt ever :). It is one of the very few decks that does well vs senate tho...

mryellow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by mryellow »

Psychobabble wrote:
Schele wrote:Shaw got the deck from Chu last year. Fred played the same deck last year as well, heh.

oops, the deck was called "shaw hijacks chu/fred aobs" wasn't it :). I'm surprised that deck managed to get so far with so little changing. it got very popular for a while online and then, from what I saw, it started getting dominated by mains playing 2x scum v, 3x sense, some anti-evasion and 2x grabbers (or the revo deck). I mean the deck is basically bulleted by the best v interrupt ever :). It is one of the very few decks that does well vs senate tho...
Yeah you are right on all counts. This is a great example of a strong deck that would be brought down to the level of competitive but not overly strong with the reduction in power of Fear. A great example: at MD states last year Pistone played a throne-room style mains deck and beat my Aobs. Day 2 this year I matched up with him and won pretty handily, which I attribute to him putting in at least 3 but probably more like 5-7 anti-Fear cards. 60 card decks can't afford to dedicate 10% to terrible counters for an abusive deck and expect to compete with another style of deck.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

mryellow wrote:Yeah you are right on all counts. This is a great example of a strong deck that would be brought down to the level of competitive but not overly strong with the reduction in power of Fear. A great example: at MD states last year Pistone played a throne-room style mains deck and beat my Aobs. Day 2 this year I matched up with him and won pretty handily, which I attribute to him putting in at least 3 but probably more like 5-7 anti-Fear cards. 60 card decks can't afford to dedicate 10% to terrible counters for an abusive deck and expect to compete with another style of deck.
I think that's true. I thought i had solved the problem of making a mains deck that beat ig88 v, aobs, HD, rops and fear but I think it only beat fear because the people I was playing against that used fear were by and large scrubs. You do need to dedicate more than the 2 card slots I had for the fear matchup (insight/ihsa) to have a decent chance of beating it and doing so means you lose critical cards that help you win the other matchups. And either way, you still lose to io/ic, cloud city walkers, LSC and tanks. I'm slowly beginning to realise that light side reactive mains are a lost cause... and yet people STILL complain about the v jedi :roll:

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

mryellow wrote:At worlds, the deck posted victories of 39, 38, 36 and 10 in Day 2 and 22, 21, 16 in Day 3.
HOLY CRAP. 39, 38, 36. thats kinda nuts dude. good deck.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

mikefrench wrote:
mryellow wrote:At worlds, the deck posted victories of 39, 38, 36 and 10 in Day 2 and 22, 21, 16 in Day 3.
HOLY CRAP. 39, 38, 36. thats kinda nuts dude. good deck.
Yeah that is insane. I am looking forward to the TR to explain how he got those real high diff wins.

Lukes Bionic Hand
Retired Advocate
Location: A realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it

Post by Lukes Bionic Hand »

Broken Concentration and AoBS flip side cycling, probably.
The Smoking Gungan wrote:worf plays for canada even though that team has no honor and plays dirty
Image Image

mryellow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by mryellow »

Never got the Broken Concentration thing going, and anyways there's no Barquin Dan in there for the retrieval loop. But you're right about the flip side cycling.

Honestly, the deck needs to deploy very little and Reegesk stole about 30 cards over the course of the tourney. Some games I resleeved 7+ cards and sent them back into my deck. Between not having a lost pile (via Scum) or a hand (having sent the hand back with Vengeance of the Dark Prince gametext) = big time wins.

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

Psychobabble wrote:I think that's true. I thought i had solved the problem of making a mains deck that beat ig88 v, aobs, HD, rops and fear but I think it only beat fear because the people I was playing against that used fear were by and large scrubs. You do need to dedicate more than the 2 card slots I had for the fear matchup (insight/ihsa) to have a decent chance of beating it and doing so means you lose critical cards that help you win the other matchups. And either way, you still lose to io/ic, cloud city walkers, LSC and tanks. I'm slowly beginning to realise that light side reactive mains are a lost cause... and yet people STILL complain about the v jedi :roll:
Wish I had realized this through a few weeks ago. I don't think any version of LS mains did well at the event. LS senate beatdown was about the closest thing anyone got to work, and combat seemed to do alright also. The other ls decks were space oriented.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

Pistone84 wrote:Wish I had realized this through a few weeks ago. I don't think any version of LS mains did well at the event. LS senate beatdown was about the closest thing anyone got to work, and combat seemed to do alright also. The other ls decks were space oriented.
I take it you tried ls reactive mains? I feel your pain. I tried for a long time and then woke up to myself. the situation is a shame because imo it's the most fun ls decktype, but I just don't think it's a viable deck atm, there's far too many different platforms it has to compete in and it just can't do it all. lsc is a different beast because it's fundamentally not a reactive deck and senate.... senate's in a class of its own and is certainly not a fun deck to play against.

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Psychobabble wrote:
Pistone84 wrote:Wish I had realized this through a few weeks ago. I don't think any version of LS mains did well at the event. LS senate beatdown was about the closest thing anyone got to work, and combat seemed to do alright also. The other ls decks were space oriented.
I take it you tried ls reactive mains? I feel your pain. I tried for a long time and then woke up to myself. the situation is a shame because imo it's the most fun ls decktype, but I just don't think it's a viable deck atm, there's far too many different platforms it has to compete in and it just can't do it all. lsc is a different beast because it's fundamentally not a reactive deck and senate.... senate's in a class of its own and is certainly not a fun deck to play against.
I went with LS reactive mains also and it crapped out on me. The deck is solid, but it just didn't work out on Saturday. Losses to Darkside Combat, Hunt Down, and Raveling's SYC deck. The only win was against Pistone, but he was done playing for the night and drew up quick so who knows how the game would've turned out.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

Asphalizo wrote:Losses to Darkside Combat, Hunt Down, and Raveling's SYC deck.
that sounds pretty much average to me. Dark LSC should autowin ls mains, it just has higher destiny, better chars (lord maul + TPM + tricks = invincible) and better damage. also, some of the time you're so busy packing tech for other matchups that the destiny 3 bullet just can't fit in so you get combatted if you somehow survive. HD is usually a coin flip for lS mains b/c to beat rops and fear and have a chance against tanks, you really should be packing savrip + escape pod + sense, which are wasted cards vs HD. they'll also have higher destiny and more destiny adding than you, so you're more likely to take overflow. And syc is beatable by mains, but you can't expect to do so all the time, it really comes down to how much tech you pack and how quick they get setup.

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Psychobabble wrote:And syc is beatable by mains, but you can't expect to do so all the time, it really comes down to how much tech you pack and how quick they get setup.
It wasn't your typical SYC.

DVD ROTS
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by DVD ROTS »

Translation: it was the goofy Lt. Suba/Stormtrooper Garrison/FWKTIL SYCFA deck posted in the decks forum here.

Jim Jerriko
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jim Jerriko »

Question for mr yellow:

Desai posted the senate deck already but mentioned that you changed a couple of cards. I am curious. What were your changes?

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Chu, that AOBS deck is awsome, I played it at Utah states in 2005 right before the Re-Edit/Dux and went undefeated with it. There is so much to the deck.

As far as your LS, ya, I've gotten my DS blown up by that deck before at WN - boom, good game.

Return to “[FY07] Worlds Weekend 2007”