fantasy contest (unofficial) results

October 4th - October 7th
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
pastimes.net
The Franchise

fantasy contest (unofficial) results

Post by The Franchise »

these are unofficial cause everyone has 1 week to email teamoh4tw@gmail.com if you think i messed up your entry or did the placings wrong or something.

we had 23 entries.

lee edwards wins with chu (1), desai (2), and gemme (6) for a score of 9
second is tom hollingworth with desai (2), fred (4), gemme (6) = 12
tied for third are dave mccune (chu fred eier=13) and siblle schontauf (desai fred angelo=13).

thanks for all the entries.

some breakdowns of who got votes:

top 8
1. chu: 9 picks
2. desai: 11 picks
3. tom hollingworth: 0
4. b fred: 6
5. brian hunter: 3
6. mike gemme: 3
7. angelo: 3
8. Brad eier: 4

---------------
others recieving votes:

steven lewis 7
reid smith 5
greg shaw 5
mike pistone 3
mike french 3
ryan french 3
phil aassen 3
garrett larson 3
joe olson 2
nico 2
caspersen 2
michael richards 2
dirk 2
menzel 2
lee edwards 2
brian rippetoe 2
micah w00ten 2
nate meeker 1
pat my johnson 1
james paul booker 1
kevin shannon 1
dave mccune 1
intern 1
schele 1
john millet 1
huffman 1
matt sokol 1
thomas whaley 1

thanks for playing kids, not sure what you win, i know lee said a few weeks back we didnt need a prize, of course this was before he won lol

scott, make it so for these fine people

V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

Wow I got 2 votes! Who else besides myself voted for me?
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

I'm a little surprised that I was the only one to take Kevin Shannon for 15. I think he's a bit underrated, but his timed win kept his 5-3 performance from getting him a higher placing.

Before the games started, I thought my team of Chu, Desai, Lewis, and Shannon was going to give me a decent chance of winning fantasy worlds for the 2nd year in a row, but congrats to Lee Edwards. I will expect a photo of Lee holding up his winnings for the contest, along with a caption that reads "LOL! I win!"

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Hunter wrote:I'm a little surprised that I was the only one to take Kevin Shannon for 15. I think he's a bit underrated, but his timed win kept his 5-3 performance from getting him a higher placing.

Before the games started, I thought my team of Chu, Desai, Lewis, and Shannon was going to give me a decent chance of winning fantasy worlds for the 2nd year in a row, but congrats to Lee Edwards. I will expect a photo of Lee holding up his winnings for the contest, along with a caption that reads "LOL! I win!"
Trust me, if I'd remembered to enter, Kevin would've been on my team too! :)
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

phil aassen tied for 3rd too with 13 points, chu 1 desai 2 shaw 10 i think
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Aww no one voted for me.

SirYoda
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by SirYoda »

Hunter wrote:I'm a little surprised that I was the only one to take Kevin Shannon for 15. I think he's a bit underrated, but his timed win kept his 5-3 performance from getting him a higher placing.

Maybe if you would have lost the Falcon like you were supposed to, I would have done better. ;)

cheat0r
STEVEN LEWIS
James Paul Booker wrote:Steve Lewis came in like Winston Wolfe and pulled out a wad of cash...

XjedeyeX
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by XjedeyeX »

oh gawd

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

SirYoda wrote:

Maybe if you would have lost the Falcon like you were supposed to, I would have done better. ;)

cheat0r
i love it

i think this is considered a BURN
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

band_member
DS Region: Bespin

Post by band_member »

Actually I believe that is what is called a 'joke'. People tell them to other people from time to time. Notice the tell-tale signs of 'joking'. The smiley and the small fonted text. If you try, maybe some day you'll perform one of these things yourself.
Last edited by band_member on October 15th, 2007, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Our game's card designer said "...something as inconsequential as the World Championships for a very dorky hobby."
-Loves eggs.

XjedeyeX
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by XjedeyeX »

nerd

SirYoda
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by SirYoda »

Yeah, it was a joke. I somehow failed to notice that Han's Toolkit (V) suspends Mantellian Savrip. So HCF w/Toolkit completely blocked Fear from working, and was simultaneously indestructable thanks to Savrip. Me = dumb.
STEVEN LEWIS
James Paul Booker wrote:Steve Lewis came in like Winston Wolfe and pulled out a wad of cash...

band_member

Post by band_member »

Actually I think it's a pretty common mistake. You put it in there and you never really think of all the effects it does suspend. In one game where Garrett had it out, he didn't realize that it suspended like 20 of my effects on the board. It's a pretty far-reaching ability that dumb card has.
-Our game's card designer said "...something as inconsequential as the World Championships for a very dorky hobby."
-Loves eggs.

Return to “[FY07] Worlds Weekend 2007”