October 4th - October 7th
PasTimes; 8351 1/2 Golf Road; Niles, Illinois 60714
pastimes.net
Gravityshadow
World Champion
World Champion

Some words from Europe

Post by Gravityshadow »

After three weeks in the USA I'm back home in Germany and I took my time to answer. But this does not mean I'm ignorant...just a bit lazy :-)

Congratulation to the first two-times world champion Jonathan Chu. You are really a nice guy and a good player!

The last time I was there was Worlds 2003, four years ago. Still I like this game, now more then in the last three years. I had lots of fun in Chicago, met old and new faces and played ok. On day 2 I got 7th. First game on day three I won with +18 against Justin Desai with RalOps agains his Senate, which is a good matchup for RalOps. Second game was my QMC agains his HuntDown which is a bad matchup, combined with my starting hand with no character and his first turn Vader I was pretty screwed...and lost eventually really hard. Nevertheless it was a good game and Justin played very well.

I would like to thank all the people I met and played against on that weekend especially Desai, Gemme, Fred, Shaw Hollingworth, Aasen, McCune Richards and all I forgot. Also TO seems to be nice guys APART FROM their Euro-phobia. There is no need for a witch-hunt here...

Special thanks to Henry and Nate for a smooth running tournament!

Super-special thanks to my German friends Chris and Dirk and my girlfriend Sibille. Thank you for a wonderful time. By the way Sibille and me were so so close to winning the team event, but KTOD stopped us in the last round...

Thank you for a wonderful time, again!

Angelo Consoli

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

ZEE GERMANS

u guys were pretty cool. i guess its the rest of europe that i hate. shrug
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

mryellow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by mryellow »

Angelo, it was cool to see you guys again and thanks for making the trip out. Probably didn't cost you too much, since the dollar is so crappy right now. Keep up SWCCG in Europe and hopefully in the future there can be a big event where more Europeans can make it more easily.

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

Congrats on the showing at Worlds! I spent time with Chris here in Seattle after the event, and am more than ever focused on how we build the game overseas!

Next time you are in town, give me a call.

Michael
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

sibille was a great opponent, i played her game 4 on day 2. i felt really bad blowing her out with the text on Special Modifications V....but she took it all in stride. thanks for showing up!
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Gravityshadow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Gravityshadow »

Thanks guys for a really nice ambience at Worlds! By the way I really enjoyed the team event a lot. I vote for a fixed installement for next Worlds.

@mserisman: I know Chris was at your place. Funny thing is I was also in Seattle for a whole week starting from 13.10.07. A conference was taking place there but I had no extra time left :-(
Next time I'm in Seattle I'll give you a call!

Ok guys here is an anouncement: As you might have seen that Europeans are not the shabbiest players in the world I'm proud to anounce that for Worlds next year I suspect at least 5! people to make the trip. This number can be increased provided a suitable city with big international airport is found again. An east coast city would also be nice because it would shorten our anyhow long flight an hour or two.

I know that the selection of a Worlds location is a delicate one. But as apparently a Euro-location is out of question at the moment we can at least compromise?

I would like to hear American opinions about this, please spread the word!

@Ryan French: Thanks for the hotel stuff. I do not know if I will have the opportunity to stay in one of their hotels again, but who knows...
Too bad, we didn't talk that much :-(

Ciao,

Angelo

Return to “[FY07] Worlds Weekend 2007”