[EUROPE]: Champions' MPC on 17th and 18th November

Nibelungenquelle, Bensheim (Germany), November 17 and 18.
irol
Starter
Starter
Posts: 39
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 11:09 am
Location: antwerpen, Belgium

Post by irol »

Well done Nico.

You're the player of the year 2007


Pls go to worlds next year :D


"It is useless to resist"
Image

User avatar
spideyguy0
Member
Posts: 7658
Joined: January 1st, 2003, 1:57 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Post by spideyguy0 »

I think for sure it should be the Europeans who get the PC travel vouchers, not the Americans. Justin's voucher should go to this years European champion, not to the MPC winner.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 12745
Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:20 pm
Location: Akron

Post by The Franchise »

BZZZZZZZZZT wrong

desais voucher is his and he can do with it whatever he wants. naturally, in an effort to encourage more players to turnout for the mpc which he will be at, he has donated his voucher.

why would he give it to europeans? i mean, we all know i haven othing but respect for the euros and all they stand for, but, thats just asinine to suggest the pc should donate someones prize money to europe

i will give you a free pass on this one as i assume you are just trying to appease zee germans so they dont go all blitzkreig again

ok i think i blew out enough people, byebye

User avatar
spideyguy0
Member
Posts: 7658
Joined: January 1st, 2003, 1:57 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Post by spideyguy0 »

Brad Eier wrote:BZZZZZZZZZT wrong

desais voucher is his and he can do with it whatever he wants. naturally, in an effort to encourage more players to turnout for the mpc which he will be at, he has donated his voucher.

why would he give it to europeans? i mean, we all know i haven othing but respect for the euros and all they stand for, but, thats just asinine to suggest the pc should donate someones prize money to europe

i will give you a free pass on this one as i assume you are just trying to appease zee germans so they dont go all blitzkreig again

ok i think i blew out enough people, byebye
Sorry, wasnt suggesting that Justin should give his voucher to the Europeans or that the PC should tell Justin what to do with his money. I realize that's the way it came off and that was not my intent. Obviously it was incredibly generous of Justin to donate his voucher to the MPC, instead of using it to pay for his airfare to Chicago last month which came out of his own pocket.

The point I was trying to make was that in the future the PC should award vouchers to the Europeans in addition to (if not instead of) the Americans, since they are the ones with the much higher cost of attending Worlds (saying that Justin's voucher specifically should go to them was incorrect and was a mistake on my part).
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Emperor
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 127
Joined: March 26th, 2007, 7:48 am
Location: Germany / Essen

Post by Emperor »

man, what do u guys think of me?
Am I so arrogant? :D
--> What was the great sentence Nico? .... As I played first time .... (POINT)! *laugh* ...

Thanks for the sleeping place@Nico. Jörg and me arrived at my home place at 1:00 ... f*****g airport in the middle of nowhere. All Tamas fault (just kidding) ... *gg* .... and not the fault of my sweet EWOKS !!!!

And I reached my target to be not the last in the tournament *yeeeeah* ...

Greets Stefan
"Uh ... had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you? ..."

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 12745
Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:20 pm
Location: Akron

Post by The Franchise »

spideyguy0 wrote:
Brad Eier wrote:BZZZZZZZZZT wrong

desais voucher is his and he can do with it whatever he wants. naturally, in an effort to encourage more players to turnout for the mpc which he will be at, he has donated his voucher.

why would he give it to europeans? i mean, we all know i haven othing but respect for the euros and all they stand for, but, thats just asinine to suggest the pc should donate someones prize money to europe

i will give you a free pass on this one as i assume you are just trying to appease zee germans so they dont go all blitzkreig again

ok i think i blew out enough people, byebye
Sorry, wasnt suggesting that Justin should give his voucher to the Europeans or that the PC should tell Justin what to do with his money. I realize that's the way it came off and that was not my intent. Obviously it was incredibly generous of Justin to donate his voucher to the MPC, instead of using it to pay for his airfare to Chicago last month which came out of his own pocket.

The point I was trying to make was that in the future the PC should award vouchers to the Europeans in addition to (if not instead of) the Americans, since they are the ones with the much higher cost of attending Worlds (saying that Justin's voucher specifically should go to them was incorrect and was a mistake on my part).

in that case i agree 100% europeans should get vouchers, for me to be against that would be kind of ethnocentric as i've voiced my support of worlds not leaving the usa, and it would be silly to have worlds be simply a glorified usa championship.

so give out some trips, at least to the germans, as they have always been the best european players. i mean, i'm not saying we need to give out tickets for winning every podunk event like hungarian cup or norweigian nationals, but if you are the european or intercontenintal champ, maybe you get a flight.
ZEE GERMANS

Tusken84
Anthology
Anthology
Posts: 839
Joined: January 21st, 2006, 4:32 am

Post by Tusken84 »

Brad Eier wrote:
spideyguy0 wrote:
Brad Eier wrote:BZZZZZZZZZT wrong

desais voucher is his and he can do with it whatever he wants. naturally, in an effort to encourage more players to turnout for the mpc which he will be at, he has donated his voucher.

why would he give it to europeans? i mean, we all know i haven othing but respect for the euros and all they stand for, but, thats just asinine to suggest the pc should donate someones prize money to europe

i will give you a free pass on this one as i assume you are just trying to appease zee germans so they dont go all blitzkreig again

ok i think i blew out enough people, byebye
Sorry, wasnt suggesting that Justin should give his voucher to the Europeans or that the PC should tell Justin what to do with his money. I realize that's the way it came off and that was not my intent. Obviously it was incredibly generous of Justin to donate his voucher to the MPC, instead of using it to pay for his airfare to Chicago last month which came out of his own pocket.

The point I was trying to make was that in the future the PC should award vouchers to the Europeans in addition to (if not instead of) the Americans, since they are the ones with the much higher cost of attending Worlds (saying that Justin's voucher specifically should go to them was incorrect and was a mistake on my part).

in that case i agree 100% europeans should get vouchers, for me to be against that would be kind of ethnocentric as i've voiced my support of worlds not leaving the usa, and it would be silly to have worlds be simply a glorified usa championship.

so give out some trips, at least to the germans, as they have always been the best european players. i mean, i'm not saying we need to give out tickets for winning every podunk event like hungarian cup or norweigian nationals, but if you are the european or intercontenintal champ, maybe you get a flight.
ZEE GERMANS

well.... I already said that I want to come next year 8)

Shadow 40
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
Posts: 299
Joined: November 2nd, 2002, 7:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Post by Shadow 40 »

Brad Eier wrote:
spideyguy0 wrote:
Brad Eier wrote:BZZZZZZZZZT wrong

desais voucher is his and he can do with it whatever he wants. naturally, in an effort to encourage more players to turnout for the mpc which he will be at, he has donated his voucher.

why would he give it to europeans? i mean, we all know i haven othing but respect for the euros and all they stand for, but, thats just asinine to suggest the pc should donate someones prize money to europe

i will give you a free pass on this one as i assume you are just trying to appease zee germans so they dont go all blitzkreig again

ok i think i blew out enough people, byebye
Sorry, wasnt suggesting that Justin should give his voucher to the Europeans or that the PC should tell Justin what to do with his money. I realize that's the way it came off and that was not my intent. Obviously it was incredibly generous of Justin to donate his voucher to the MPC, instead of using it to pay for his airfare to Chicago last month which came out of his own pocket.

The point I was trying to make was that in the future the PC should award vouchers to the Europeans in addition to (if not instead of) the Americans, since they are the ones with the much higher cost of attending Worlds (saying that Justin's voucher specifically should go to them was incorrect and was a mistake on my part).

in that case i agree 100% europeans should get vouchers, for me to be against that would be kind of ethnocentric as i've voiced my support of worlds not leaving the usa, and it would be silly to have worlds be simply a glorified usa championship.

so give out some trips, at least to the germans, as they have always been the best european players. i mean, i'm not saying we need to give out tickets for winning every podunk event like hungarian cup or norweigian nationals, but if you are the european or intercontenintal champ, maybe you get a flight.
ZEE GERMANS
If you start giving vouchers to players from other countries, people from Canada will also start to ask for some.
Patrick Dinelle
My Decktech's Page

User avatar
Hunter
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 14986
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 3:27 am

Post by Hunter »

Okay, nevermind then. :)

Shadow 40
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
Posts: 299
Joined: November 2nd, 2002, 7:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Post by Shadow 40 »

Hunter wrote:Okay, nevermind then. :)
Heh. But I'd donate you my voucher so you'd get a new hair-do. :wink:
Patrick Dinelle
My Decktech's Page

User avatar
Yoda007
Member
Posts: 1518
Joined: November 1st, 2002, 3:57 am
Location: Hungary

Post by Yoda007 »

Shadow 40 wrote:If you start giving vouchers to players from other countries, people from Canada will also start to ask for some.
Except that Canada Regional had 6 players, the Hungarian Cup had 14 and Hungarian Championship had 18 players, therefore the 2nd largest playergroup in EU. It was stupid to compare it to Norway's 4 player(though, many respect to them still playing!!! :nodding head:)... :P

Anyway, I don't support giving out voucher to any winner, but probably EC should get one or two.
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

Shadow 40
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
Posts: 299
Joined: November 2nd, 2002, 7:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Post by Shadow 40 »

Well Tamas, we had 46, 52, 26 players in the past years (after 2001) and did we get vouchers? Nope. So you might as well stop this discussion about numbers right now or give vouchers to everyone outside US (the place where world championship is behind held).

PS: It was Quebec's Provincial... Canada Regional would get more players for sure... need a geography course on how Canada is divided in 12 provinces? :wink:
Patrick Dinelle
My Decktech's Page

User avatar
Advocate
Advocate
Posts: 36882
Joined: October 29th, 2002, 5:18 pm
Location: Yardley, PA
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

decklists?
Image
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Uber-Obi
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack
Posts: 226
Joined: April 4th, 2007, 8:45 am
Location: Hannover, Germany

Post by Uber-Obi »

Emperor wrote:
--> What was the great sentence Nico? .... As I played first time .... (POINT)! *laugh* ...
No, Stefan, it was something like Nico saying "When I won my first tourney... (lost in thought for a million seconds)..."

"Ok, Nico, great sentence, it can only get downhill from there but go on anyway..." :lol:
Image
WiseMarsellus wrote:no one ever expects the 25 card combo of death!

User avatar
Yoda007
Member
Posts: 1518
Joined: November 1st, 2002, 3:57 am
Location: Hungary

Post by Yoda007 »

Shadow 40 wrote:Well Tamas, we had 46, 52, 26 players in the past years (after 2001) and did we get vouchers? Nope. So you might as well stop this discussion about numbers right now or give vouchers to everyone outside US (the place where world championship is behind held).

PS: It was Quebec's Provincial... Canada Regional would get more players for sure... need a geography course on how Canada is divided in 12 provinces? :wink:
Probably, you need to get that geography course to see that Quebec is in the neighborhood of Chicago while EU is a bit more far away. Talking about past years is useless... The provincial still had 6. Which is current number. Anyway, if you question my dedication to the game: i travelled to Milan, Hannover and Bensheim this year. It's around 6000 km(~3700miles), maybe more. I think there were only few who did this year...
And as you see I suggested giving out vouchers only to EC, not to all Regionals. And I am fine if Canada gets one. But then Australia could ask for one more... So, by the end everyone will want one. :P
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

Shadow 40
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
Posts: 299
Joined: November 2nd, 2002, 7:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Post by Shadow 40 »

Yoda007 wrote:
Shadow 40 wrote:Well Tamas, we had 46, 52, 26 players in the past years (after 2001) and did we get vouchers? Nope. So you might as well stop this discussion about numbers right now or give vouchers to everyone outside US (the place where world championship is behind held).

PS: It was Quebec's Provincial... Canada Regional would get more players for sure... need a geography course on how Canada is divided in 12 provinces? :wink:
Probably, you need to get that geography course to see that Quebec is in the neighborhood of Chicago while EU is a bit more far away. Talking about past years is useless... The provincial still had 6. Which is current number. Anyway, if you question my dedication to the game: i travelled to Milan, Hannover and Bensheim this year. It's around 6000 km(~3700miles), maybe more. I think there were only few who did this year...
And as you see I suggested giving out vouchers only to EC, not to all Regionals. And I am fine if Canada gets one. But then Australia could ask for one more... So, by the end everyone will want one. :P
But even if we'd get one, it will go to Hunter for his new hair-do. I already said it! :twisted:
Patrick Dinelle
My Decktech's Page

Tusken84
Anthology
Anthology
Posts: 839
Joined: January 21st, 2006, 4:32 am

Post by Tusken84 »

CRingwell wrote:decklists?
where to sent?

User avatar
Calaglin
Member
Posts: 756
Joined: May 27th, 2003, 8:03 am
Location: Belgium

Post by Calaglin »

Nico,

What about all the rules questions you would verify :wink: ?

Tusken84
Anthology
Anthology
Posts: 839
Joined: January 21st, 2006, 4:32 am

Post by Tusken84 »

Calaglin wrote:Nico,

What about all the rules questions you would verify :wink: ?
thanks for reminding
I will care about asap, but still think I was right with all of them ;) :-P

User avatar
Thomas Caspersen
Member
Posts: 8198
Joined: November 29th, 2004, 2:30 pm
Location: Norway (Toola)

Post by Thomas Caspersen »

Yoda007 wrote:
Shadow 40 wrote:If you start giving vouchers to players from other countries, people from Canada will also start to ask for some.
Except that Canada Regional had 6 players, the Hungarian Cup had 14 and Hungarian Championship had 18 players, therefore the 2nd largest playergroup in EU. It was stupid to compare it to Norway's 4 player(though, many respect to them still playing!!! :nodding head:)... :P

Anyway, I don't support giving out voucher to any winner, but probably EC should get one or two.
We're more like 10, so 7 show up consistently. But your point is still the same, the Hungarians actually represent one, if not the, largest EU player group.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “[FY08] European Champions' MPC”