Acree's Flex Cube, version 13.11

Discussion - CUBE Strategy and Commentary
sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Re: Acree's Flex Cube

Post by sjacree »

Cam Solusar wrote:Seth, can you comment on alternate possibilities for the Yavin IV locations? I feel like LS has less synergy overall with its activation, as DS has the readily available ComScan Detection v for pulling its three twixes. Only similar alternative for LS is Rebel Leadership v, which is expensive.

It seems like LS players are going to want to start Kashyyyk v and use it to pull whatever Kashyyyk locations they drafted, and DS players are going to want Jabba's Palace + JP sites.

I'm trying to figure out a way to encourage more location interaction and movement in the form of DB transit and shuttling. I'm thinking using the house rule of -1 to drain at Tatooine and Bespin might be good for this?
Kashyyk/Kashyyyk sites and Jabba's Palace/related sites are cards that could be frequently started depending on the draft and even though those are the only locations that pull locations, there are many other cards for both sides that provide synergy in pulling locations:
Dressel + Rogue Squadron Tactics
Insurrection + Docking Bays
Tatooine: Lar's Moisture Farm + I Must Be Allowed To Speak
Senator Mon Mothma + a battleground
Darklighter Spin + a system
Establish Control + Fondor
Jabba's Haven + Nal Hutta
IAO + Docking Bay
Nevar + a battleground
Watch Your Back + a system
Comscan + 3 twixes

In designing the cube I wanted to provide a variety of cards that could be drafted (many of which can be started) to keep the house rule of a battleground pull from being necessary.

You can, of course, house rule the drain -1 at Tatooine and Bespin.

I am actually in the middle of a major overhaul of the flex cube putting more money cards in it and offering a substitution list for those that still would like to make it for under $100. The benefit to this would be to use stronger and more synergistic cards (such as Rebel Leadership (V)) that before, did not fit the model. One of the Yavin 4 locations you mentioned would be replaced (Yavin 4: Massassi Ruins) with something better.

Stay tuned.

-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

sjacree

Re: Acree's Flex Cube, version 13.11

Post by sjacree »

OP updated with version 13.11 now that 9.1 is spoiled. Feedback appreciated.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image

MrDid
Starter
Starter

Post by MrDid »

The cube looks great, though I will have a go at the older $100 cube you posted elsewhere.

I don't suppose there are any v-slips already prepared? Or a list of base cards to convert to virtuals?

Also, what are your thoughts on including more EPP cards to give more mains.

sjacree

Post by sjacree »

MrDid wrote:The cube looks great, though I will have a go at the older $100 cube you posted elsewhere.
The "posted elsewhere" $100 cube is available as a .pdf download at the bottom of the OP.
I don't suppose there are any v-slips already prepared? Or a list of base cards to convert to virtuals?
I do not. Version 13.5 was "poorly" received as it was in competition with the power cube which caters more to competitive players (with the majority of vocal fans being competitive players). As a result, I focused my efforts on the updated version (13.11).
Also, what are your thoughts on including more EPP cards to give more mains.
The choice is yours. Just sub-out whatever you want and make the cube your own. EPPs were kept to a minimum in 13.5 because of the cost.
Image Image

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Seth, thanks for doing this. Even though there's a reset which will cause some of these cards to be blanked, I actually recently spent (way too much) time going through my cards and was able to build about 90% of the cube. I'm still going through my cards for random stuff.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

sjacree

Post by sjacree »

stephengascrub wrote:Seth, thanks for doing this. Even though there's a reset which will cause some of these cards to be blanked, I actually recently spent (way too much) time going through my cards and was able to build about 90% of the cube. I'm still going through my cards for random stuff.
There is no reason you can't keep it together post-reset as a legacy cube. After 9.2 is released, I'll update the list for a final time (which should then never change). After which, I'll turn my attention to making a new cube for the new standard format.
Image Image

Return to “CUBE Strategy and Commentary”