Demo Deck Problem

Everything you need to know as a new player or new person to our site.
geraldkw
Starter
Starter

Demo Deck Problem

Post by geraldkw »

Hi, new player here, but not new to card games or Decipher having played and still playing many Decipher games. Also a Star Wars fan since seeing Return of the Jedi in theatres when I was 3.

I played this game maybe for a second back in the premiere days, but never owned many cards. I think the ones I had came from a bargain bin because all my money was already spent on Magic.

Okay Intro out of the way.

The Demo Decks seem to have misprinted Escape Pod cards. They are apparently printed with the text of some other card. Either that or I am misinterpreting something being a noob. I tried searching the forum and didn't find an answer so let me know. Thanks!

TacoBill

Re: Demo Deck Problem

Post by TacoBill »

The Escape Pods in the Demo Decks are the virtual versions (so are a lot of other cards like Wedge and Ackbar).

For normal play, you would print out the new text and slide it over an existing cards text box, effectively creating a new card. For the Demo Decks, it seemed better to just have the virtual text on the card when you printed it.
Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

geraldkw
Starter
Starter

Post by geraldkw »

TacoBill wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 11:51 am
The Escape Pods in the Demo Decks are the virtual versions (so are a lot of other cards like Wedge and Ackbar).

For normal play, you would print out the new text and slide it over an existing cards text box, effectively creating a new card. For the Demo Decks, it seemed better to just have the virtual text on the card when you printed it.
That makes sense.

It's weird how there's that stuff about Dejarik and Holosites on there. That's what was throwing me off. Not sure how escape pods have anything do with holographic games, but I am sure there's some history of the game behind that decision.

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

geraldkw wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 12:08 pm
TacoBill wrote:

That makes sense.

It's weird how there's that stuff about Dejarik and Holosites on there. That's what was throwing me off. Not sure how escape pods have anything do with holographic games, but I am sure there's some history of the game behind that decision.
It was a widely-available common destiny-6 card that was designed to mirror Masterful Move from the Special Edition set.
Bill Kafer

geraldkw
Starter
Starter

Post by geraldkw »

TacoBill wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 12:19 pm
geraldkw wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 12:08 pm
TacoBill wrote:

That makes sense.

It was a widely-available common destiny-6 card that was designed to mirror Masterful Move from the Special Edition set.
Oh this was because the special edition card wasn't/isn't easy to get so they added that to a watered down (though more generically useful) "escape pod" effect?

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

No, sorry. Masterful Move is a Dark Side card (it should also be in the DS Demo deck). Decipher never printed anything like that for LS, so thats why the PC designed the virtual Escape Pod.
Bill Kafer

Return to “Forum Guidelines and New Player Info”