Holotable instructions

Everything you need to know as a new player or new person to our site.
Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Harpster
GEMP Username: Sharpy

Post by Harpster »

That is funny, it is working so far I will let you know if I have any other issues ;p

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

Psychobab, I got the deck created I just need to find a link to creat a username and password I believe do you have a link for that?

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

Wrong answer to the Textual Confirmation question.
Sorry, but that e-mail address is already registered to a user.
Sorry, but this username has already been taken

This is what I get when I try to type in the confirmation code, I am using the caps so..... :P

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

good that you got it installed.

you have to set up a forum account here. Are you getting that message when you try to sign up there? it sounds like you're typing in the anti spambot code wrong, when you sign up there's a shaded set of numbers and letters that you have to type in twice (case sensitive). if you're sure you're doing it wrong, that error message is saying you're using an email addy that's already in the system which is odd. try using a diff email acct if you have one (although I don't think this is the issue, I think you're doing the confirmation thing wrong).

oh, you might also be using a username that's already taken. try changing the user name.

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

I think I got it figured out, How do I observe a game once I am connected?

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

cool! sorry, no observation (it apparently would require major code changes).

if you want to get a feel for the program, you can test it out without connecting, just load a deck in. you can use the command window (tools/command window) if you want it to be more like gengine. to be even more like gengine, go tools/options and then turn right click menus (i think they're called context menus or something) on. you should be able to figure it out easy enough.

keyboard shortcuts in help/key reference. they make the game much quicker.

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

PBabble

I have a friend who is having the same issue with the verification code and it wont let him start an account I was wondering if you could help with the issue his user name is

Itcouldbewirfs

Thanks

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

lol nm We figured it out, damn glad I dont play SWCCG as slow as I am on the cpu :P

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

heh, and I just went and emailed matt about it too :). Glad you got it working, hope I cya online some time. the best time for me is US friday and saturday evenings, they're my sat/sunday mornings and I'm usually on then.

Stenberg
LS Region: Bespin

Post by Stenberg »

I can't connect to the server. It just tells me that blah-blah-blah: Could not connect to the server on the port.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

hmmm. when the server is down, www.holotable.com should be down too, but it's not. Is anyone else having this trouble?

Also, have you connected before without problems? Is it still down if you try again? Are you sure that your server address is www.holotable.com in table/options/connectivity?

Shadow 40
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Shadow 40 »

Psychobabble wrote:hmmm. when the server is down, www.holotable.com should be down too, but it's not. Is anyone else having this trouble?

Also, have you connected before without problems? Is it still down if you try again? Are you sure that your server address is www.holotable.com in table/options/connectivity?
Played a game on it this afternoon! It worked perfectly.
Patrick Dinelle
My Decktech's Page

Stenberg

Post by Stenberg »

Psychobabble wrote:hmmm. when the server is down, www.holotable.com should be down too, but it's not. Is anyone else having this trouble?

The problem was the server name. Someone needs to tell people this, so we all don't get confused! :wink:

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

that should have updated automatically with the later updates. strange that it didn't for you.

Stenberg

Post by Stenberg »

I have the newest version, so I dunno. I thought I was gonna have to do port forwarding to get it to work.

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

SandrockCustom22 wrote:I have the newest version, so I dunno. I thought I was gonna have to do port forwarding to get it to work.
Can you tell me exactly what you installed? I was fairly sure I had gotten it fixed for everything, since when you install from the full version, it should write that server out to the configuration file, and when you update, it should remind you that you have to do it. Additionally, the instructions are on the downloads & links page in red text (not that you necessarily went to that page).

Matt

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

updated the original post with enhanced packs and v15 links.

Kinslayer
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Kinslayer »

You should update the post so that large images are downloaded before the enhanced packs otherwise the large images will overight the enhanced images.

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

good point, thanks.

Fuzzy Wookiee
Starter
Starter

Post by Fuzzy Wookiee »

i tried downloading this last night and had issues.
Now I see this thread and will try again.
Jim Sharp
Coach of 8-4A Football Champs Everman Bulldogs (over that pansy team Stephenville)

Return to “Forum Guidelines and New Player Info”