Holotable instructions

Everything you need to know as a new player or new person to our site.
Fuzzy Wookiee
Starter
Starter

Post by Fuzzy Wookiee »

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep getting this message and I don't know what to do any help will be great!

If you get a .dll error when launching the program, it is almost certainly because you haven't installed gtk.

I downloaded everything it says to download at the beginning of this link. don't know what I am doing wrong.

Jim Sharp
Coach of 8-4A Football Champs Everman Bulldogs (over that pansy team Stephenville)

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

i know you said you downloaded everything, but please triple check that you've installed gtk (link). Even if you think you have, please click on that link again and install it. The only conceivable reason that you could be getting a dll error is if you either haven't installed gtk or if somehow you don't have admin privileges to install it fully.

Fuzzy Wookiee
Starter
Starter

Post by Fuzzy Wookiee »

ok thanks that helped that after I downloaded it, I opened it and installed it...duh.

Now when I connect how do I put in both my username and password like it says to do when only one line appears?
Jim Sharp
Coach of 8-4A Football Champs Everman Bulldogs (over that pansy team Stephenville)

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

hehe, installing usually helps :).

you have to register for the www.holotable.com forums. then set your username in holotable to be the same as your forum name in table/options.

Fuzzy Wookiee
Starter
Starter

Post by Fuzzy Wookiee »

ok, thanks again, one more question.

i think i figured out the starting cards, but what about the shields? How do I play them? Do I make them starting cards as well?
Jim Sharp

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

did you read the tutorial that's the second post in this thread? it explains all this there. basically I mark my SE and shields as starting and nothing else. it's all explained in that earlier post.

Fuzzy Wookiee
Starter
Starter

Post by Fuzzy Wookiee »

thanks so much for all your help. now on to Holotable to get my butt handed to me.
Jim Sharp

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

Just a note -- a new installer is available that puts everything (except large images) into one package. It's listed (in the Full Installers category) as "Holotable 0.8.2 (V16)". Also, there's a new large image installer to get everything through V16 in one package as well. So the instructions in the first post in this thread are now out of date...

Matt

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

awesome, awesome, awesome. thanks for that matt.

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

LtPage2 wrote:Just a note -- a new installer is available that puts everything (except large images) into one package. It's listed (in the Full Installers category) as "Holotable 0.8.2 (V16)". Also, there's a new large image installer to get everything through V16 in one package as well.
Somehow I was extremely brilliant yesterday and forgot to actually upload the new installers. This is being fixed right now.

Matt

LtPage2
Holotable
Holotable

Post by LtPage2 »

Psychobabble, the large image installer link in the first post is still outdated. FYI.

Matt

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

oh, didn't realise there was a new one. I'll fix it.

RedV
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by RedV »

I'm having trouble registering for a username. It says Wrong answer to the Textual Confirmation question. I'm putting 0.8.2, tried putting version etc in there... what's the answer I'm supposed to have?
Geoff Bowman

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

you have to set up a holotable forum account, change your user name in holotable to that username (in table/options/connectivity) and then type in the same password as on your forum acct when prompted.

RedV
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by RedV »

I am trying to register on the holotable forums and it's not accepting my answer to the question of the version of holotable (the anti spam thing).
Geoff Bowman

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

ah. I have no idea. Did you try .82? maybe try reloading the page to get a different question (I just tried it then and it asked for the holotable motto (which I think is star wars ccg online).

RedV
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by RedV »

It finally gave me another question! Thank you :D
Geoff Bowman

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

is there a recommended playing surface size or window size? should I set it to the same size as my desktop? if I set it larger than my opponent, will it mess them up?

any other settings its recommended that I change when I start using this?

Thanks

LCJK
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by LCJK »

I run it with the program maximised.

You don't want to have to be scrolling the screen around to see the whole table. If my opponent can't see all the piles (The piles are in each corner of the table) then I just ask them to move them to where it all fits on their screen.

Unless you've got a super massive resolution bigger than anybody else than you won't really have to worry about it. Occasionally I play against somebody with a small screen and the table looks a bit crowded.
-Lee 'LCJK' Clarke
Buy my extra LotR TCG HERE

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

the game automatically resizes the mat each game to match the larger size of the two players. In General its not something to worry about. I find that I like an 800 x 700 or 800 x 630 surface best for most games, but sometimes I play 900x when I am expecting lots of sites. If my opponent is larger than my monitor I will generally ask to resize horizontally, but vertically its really easy to scroll so i dont worry about it.

its all personal preferences there, but dont set it to like 2000x cause then its just annoying.
Well, Bye.

Return to “Forum Guidelines and New Player Info”