Players in Michigan

twostep1892
Starter
Starter

Players in Michigan

Post by twostep1892 »

I am in the Metro Detroit area, which has a pretty solid gaming community as a whole, and am looking for other SWCCG players in the area. I have read that in the past there have been players in the areas of Jackson, Ann Arbor, Warren, and many parts of Mid and SE Michigan.

Would be great to have events and meet-ups periodically. There are many great gaming stores in the Metro Detroit area who are always willing to host a group of gamers. Let's sling some cardboard!

Joe

ArtificerAlf

Re: Players in Michigan

Post by ArtificerAlf »

I’m in a similar location. My playing skills would be really rusty and basic, as I haven’t really played much with Defensive Shields, and I’m not entirely sure I’m as familiar with the faster pace of the game, but I’m intrigued by the Michigan community.

mopo922
Starter
Starter

Post by mopo922 »

Hey all! I'm in Michigan too, but farther north (Gladwin County). I'm just getting back into the game, and might be interested in a meetup from time to time.

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

mopo922 wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 10:56 am
Hey all! I'm in Michigan too, but farther north (Gladwin County). I'm just getting back into the game, and might be interested in a meetup from time to time.
Would you like to be added to the Michigan list of players on the locator thread?

viewtopic.php?f=348&t=56943
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

mopo922
Starter
Starter

Post by mopo922 »

@mingtown yes, please!

Dark Deal Abuse
GEMP Username: DarkDeal44

Post by Dark Deal Abuse »

Just wanted to say hello. I am in Kalamazoo however I only play Prem - Ref2. Very active on GEMP.
I ONLY play PREMIERE- REFLECTIONS II (no v-cards, no shields and most importantly no Episode 1)...would love to talk to others that play this format! :popcrn:

Actively trying to build an old school SWCCG player base in Michigan. PM me if interested!

Prem-Ref2 Cube is Complete!

Blackbeard Ben
Starter
Starter

Post by Blackbeard Ben »

Hey there everyone, I'm returning to the fold after many years out of the hobby. I misplaced my collection about the time I finished college 10 years ago, and have no idea where it is though I still keep my hopes up that it's hidden somewhere well at my parents' house. I've started to build my collection up again, which is certainly fun!

In any case, when we can finally go out and about some time in the future, I'm interested in meeting/playing on a social/fun level. I live in Davison, near Flint, but I travel to Lansing and up north near Beulah in Benzie County fairly often. I'm probably going to give GEMP a try soon, since that seems to be the thing to do.

I never did play much as a kid, and I especially never got into tournament play at my local store. I was too young and shy. I had a few friends that played, but the only one that was always willing to play was both a better player and had better decks, so the few games we did play, I always got whooped! So I'd be more on the entry level side of things.

I started collecting/playing somewhere around 1997, and actively participated through about 2001 - basically up through Reflections II. That's about when I hit high school, and didn't have time anymore to play with cards.

I never did really like the Episode I stuff, and I never got into the Defensive Shields/modern play styles with virtual cards, etc. I'd probably want to start that way - old style play - to get my legs before going into modern play style. It seems that I'm not the only one in that boat.

Dark Deal Abuse

We should meet up when this is all over. I am in Kalamazoo - and there is one other guy here that plays in our Format (Prem-REF2 OR Prem - DS2).

I think it fits perfect with what you are looking to do.

Find me on GEMP - we are getting more people for this old school format all the time and we would love to have you.

- DDA

Blackbeard Ben wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 3:39 am
Hey there everyone, I'm returning to the fold after many years out of the hobby. I misplaced my collection about the time I finished college 10 years ago, and have no idea where it is though I still keep my hopes up that it's hidden somewhere well at my parents' house. I've started to build my collection up again, which is certainly fun!

In any case, when we can finally go out and about some time in the future, I'm interested in meeting/playing on a social/fun level. I live in Davison, near Flint, but I travel to Lansing and up north near Beulah in Benzie County fairly often. I'm probably going to give GEMP a try soon, since that seems to be the thing to do.

I never did play much as a kid, and I especially never got into tournament play at my local store. I was too young and shy. I had a few friends that played, but the only one that was always willing to play was both a better player and had better decks, so the few games we did play, I always got whooped! So I'd be more on the entry level side of things.

I started collecting/playing somewhere around 1997, and actively participated through about 2001 - basically up through Reflections II. That's about when I hit high school, and didn't have time anymore to play with cards.

I never did really like the Episode I stuff, and I never got into the Defensive Shields/modern play styles with virtual cards, etc. I'd probably want to start that way - old style play - to get my legs before going into modern play style. It seems that I'm not the only one in that boat.
I ONLY play PREMIERE- REFLECTIONS II (no v-cards, no shields and most importantly no Episode 1)...would love to talk to others that play this format! :popcrn:

Actively trying to build an old school SWCCG player base in Michigan. PM me if interested!

Blackbeard Ben
Starter
Starter

Post by Blackbeard Ben »

Dark Deal Abuse wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 7:18 pm
We should meet up when this is all over. I am in Kalamazoo - and there is one other guy here that plays in our Format (Prem-REF2 OR Prem - DS2).

Find me on GEMP - we are getting more people for this old school format all the time and we would love to have you.

- DDA
That sounds like a good idea. Like you say, it sounds like a good fit.

And thanks for the invite, DDA. I'll check GEMP out as soon as I can. Getting back into the game and its complexities is a little intimidating when watching the intro videos and seeing how much there is going on!

-Ben

Dark Deal Abuse

Cool!

I would not be too intimidated because in our format there are really only a handful of popular decks. Granted, there are obviously plenty of one ofs (and that is what makes the game fun!) but do not set out thinking that you need to prepare for everything. JUst have fun and use the cards you always used, then after a few GEMP gams you will probably see quickly what the current meta is like. Atleast that is what I did.

Blackbeard Ben wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 1:56 am
Dark Deal Abuse wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 7:18 pm

- DDA
That sounds like a good idea. Like you say, it sounds like a good fit.

And thanks for the invite, DDA. I'll check GEMP out as soon as I can. Getting back into the game and its complexities is a little intimidating when watching the intro videos and seeing how much there is going on!

-Ben

Dark Deal Abuse

All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am 99% done with my first Cube. It is Prem-Ref2 only, no v-cards and no episode 1 cards. I know that this Cube will not be for everyone but I wanted to spread the word! PM me if anyone wants to meet at a Central location at some point hopefully in the near future. I am in Kalamazoo but happy to travel wherever we have the largest concentration of players who would be interested in this. We need a minimum of four players for the Cube.

- DDA

smintlin
Starter
Starter

Post by smintlin »

I'm definitely down once things get back to normal both with life in general, and with a newborn on the way. Really intrigued by the idea of playing with the Cube, it's something I've wanted to do

Dark Deal Abuse

Awesome! I am adding you to the "List". Congrats on the baby. First kid?
smintlin wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 8:24 pm
I'm definitely down once things get back to normal both with life in general, and with a newborn on the way. Really intrigued by the idea of playing with the Cube, it's something I've wanted to do

smintlin
Starter
Starter

Post by smintlin »

Yup, first one!

Dark Deal Abuse

Awesome. Congrats man! I will touch base with you as soon as we get out of this nonsense!

smintlin wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 10:21 am
Yup, first one!

Dark Deal Abuse

FYI ,The Prem-REF2 Cube is complete !!!

Return to “Player Locator”