MA, massachusetts players!!!??...?

Post by wookwook »

Any?
You're around somewhere!
Stop pretending to be baseball fans.

spideyguy0

Re: MA, massachusetts players!!!??...?

Post by spideyguy0 »

Yeah, we're here. Where are you located? I live in Newton, but I'm really only around in the summer and January since I go to school in Maryland. There's a tournament happening in Worcester in a couple weeks.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

wookwook
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by wookwook »

North of Boston, South of Lowell. I don't do that virtual stuff, though.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

The event in Worcester is only going to allow cards from Premiere through Jabba's Palace. No virtual cards. The thread for the event is here.
/viewt ... =8&t=29330
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

wookwook
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by wookwook »

I'd probably like to go to that. Sounds great. I'll let you know in a week or two, if that's alright. Forgive me, but does that stipulation include EPP cards or not? I just don't know which came first.
Thanks

Erik Markarian
DS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Erik Markarian »

There are 3 players in my group here in the Boston area. There used to be WAY more players in this area.

Here's the release dates for all the sets:

Premiere Limited December 1995
Premiere Two-Player Introductory Set February 1996
Premiere Unlimited April 1996
A New Hope Limited July 1996
Rebel Leader Cards July 1996
Jedi Pack October 1996
Hoth Limited November 1996
Empire Strikes Back Introductory Two-Player Game March 1997
Dagobah Limited April 1997
First Anthology May 1997
Cloud City Limited November 1997
Jabba's Palace Limited April 1998
Official Tournament Sealed Deck May 1998
Second Anthology July 1998
A New Hope Revised Unlimited September 1998
Hoth Revised Unlimited September 1998
Special Edition Limited November 1998
Enhanced Premiere November 1998
Endor Limited June 1999
Enhanced Cloud City December 1999
Dagobah Revised Unlimited December 1999
Enhanced Jabba's Palace January 2000
Reflections: A Collector's Bounty January 2000
Third Anthology June 2000
Death Star II Limited July 2000
Jabba's Palace Sealed Deck October 2000
Reflections II: Expanding the Galaxy January 2001
Tatooine Limited June 2001
Coruscant Limited August 2001
Reflections III October 2001
Theed Palace Limited December 2001

hoobs

Post by hoobs »

There are 5 of us in Western MA that have our own local tournaments every couple of months. We want to branch out and hit some other tournies too. We might be doing the Princeton, NJ one. Keep me posted on the Worcester one. Thanks!
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wookwook
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by wookwook »

So, to clarify here, is OTSD allowed or not? I wouldn't ask except I think the people organizing the tournament want OTSD. Keep us all on the same page.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

hoobs wrote:There are 5 of us in Western MA that have our own local tournaments every couple of months. We want to branch out and hit some other tournies too. We might be doing the Princeton, NJ one. Keep me posted on the Worcester one. Thanks!
Why don't you guys advertise these? I've been in Boston all summer and would've come. Just drove through Western MA today coming back from Albany. If you guys have an email list or something I can be added to please PM me. I've run most of the Boston area tournies that past couple years but the player base here has really dried up so I'm looking for people in other parts of the state.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

wookwook
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by wookwook »

copy that.

I don't know how active I'll be, but if you guys are strong and many enough to take on a few more, I'd love to hear about what's going on.

hoobs

Post by hoobs »

We have kept the tournies small because most boxes contain 30 booster packs which is evenly divided by 5 or 6 (our usual number of players) and all of our events have been sealed deck (make a LS and DS deck from the given pool of cards). We are planning on having a tourney on Labor day weekend and probably another one in October or November. The Labor Day tourney is gonna be an "Empire Strikes Back" themed card pool with each player receiving an ESB 2-player deck, 2 Enhanced Cloud City decks, X Dagobah booster packs (X= Dagobah box divided by # of players), and X Hoth booster packs. The other tourney is gonna be an "Episode 1" themed card pool with each player receiving X Theed Palace booster packs, X Coruscant booster packs, and X Tatooine booster packs (perhaps Reflections 3 as well). Currently, we have 6 players for the Labor day weekend tourney but I can add you guys as substitutes if anyone backs out.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

hoobs wrote:We have kept the tournies small because most boxes contain 30 booster packs which is evenly divided by 5 or 6 (our usual number of players) and all of our events have been sealed deck (make a LS and DS deck from the given pool of cards). We are planning on having a tourney on Labor day weekend and probably another one in October or November. The Labor Day tourney is gonna be an "Empire Strikes Back" themed card pool with each player receiving an ESB 2-player deck, 2 Enhanced Cloud City decks, X Dagobah booster packs (X= Dagobah box divided by # of players), and X Hoth booster packs. The other tourney is gonna be an "Episode 1" themed card pool with each player receiving X Theed Palace booster packs, X Coruscant booster packs, and X Tatooine booster packs (perhaps Reflections 3 as well). Currently, we have 6 players for the Labor day weekend tourney but I can add you guys as substitutes if anyone backs out.
I'm gonna be down in Maryland for school from next week until January, but thanks for the offer. If you run tournaments in January or next summer (I know it's a long ways away) I'd be down though.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Ironwill654

Post by Ironwill654 »

wookwook wrote:North of Boston, South of Lowell. I don't do that virtual stuff, though.

That's refreshing! we're not huge fans of the virtual sets either. I appreciate the PC and their efforts to keep this great CCG alive. I'm one of the 5 hoobs was talking about... We'd love to add more to our numbers and even host a tournament... are people into fixed decks or draft tournaments?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Luke:"I won't fail you, I'm not afraid!"
Yoda: "Hmmmh! you will be... You, will, be...."
--------------------------------------------------------------

-IRONWILL-

wookwook
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by wookwook »

I presently havea problem with each. I like fixed decks, but two anthology boxes of deck support have recently gone missing.
I like drafting and improvised decks but I don't like to shell out a lot of cash.
As long a virtual influence is kept minimal, I like the designed decks, which probably puts me against the grain with most people.

hoobs

Post by hoobs »

I hadn't even thought of using Anthologies until a few days ago. We did a tournament with OTSD and some other random boosters. Is the card distribution in the Anthologies boxes good enough for competitive play? We are currently trying to stick to themed tournaments like: Empire Strikes Back (Hoth, Cloud City, and Dagobah),
Episode 1 (Tatooine, Theed Palace, Coruscant), Return of the Jedi (Death Star II, Endor, and Jabba's Palace).

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

hoobs wrote:We have kept the tournies small because most boxes contain 30 booster packs which is evenly divided by 5 or 6 (our usual number of players) and all of our events have been sealed deck (make a LS and DS deck from the given pool of cards). We are planning on having a tourney on Labor day weekend and probably another one in October or November. The Labor Day tourney is gonna be an "Empire Strikes Back" themed card pool with each player receiving an ESB 2-player deck, 2 Enhanced Cloud City decks, X Dagobah booster packs (X= Dagobah box divided by # of players), and X Hoth booster packs. The other tourney is gonna be an "Episode 1" themed card pool with each player receiving X Theed Palace booster packs, X Coruscant booster packs, and X Tatooine booster packs (perhaps Reflections 3 as well). Currently, we have 6 players for the Labor day weekend tourney but I can add you guys as substitutes if anyone backs out.
hobbs where you getting the product? id come out for one of the ep1 sealeds....

wookwook
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by wookwook »

hoobs wrote:I hadn't even thought of using Anthologies until a few days ago. We did a tournament with OTSD and some other random boosters. Is the card distribution in the Anthologies boxes good enough for competitive play? We are currently trying to stick to themed tournaments like: Empire Strikes Back (Hoth, Cloud City, and Dagobah),
Episode 1 (Tatooine, Theed Palace, Coruscant), Return of the Jedi (Death Star II, Endor, and Jabba's Palace).
I was just trying to say that I've misplaced two anthology boxes worth of solid cards that I used to use to modify my decks. I don't know where they went after all these years.
I would be up for an episode 1 tourney too. Who couldn't use more cards from those sets?

hoobs

Post by hoobs »

allstarz97 wrote:hoobs where you getting the product? id come out for one of the ep1 sealeds....
We have been purchasing boxes from various online vendors. Me and Ironwill have been stockpiling them for future tournaments before the supply is exhausted. The tournament is geared for 5-6 players since either divides evenly into the 30 packs contained in the box. However if we have enough additional interest, we might be able to do a 10-12 player tournament keeping the ratio the same.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

hoobs wrote:
allstarz97 wrote:hoobs where you getting the product? id come out for one of the ep1 sealeds....
We have been purchasing boxes from various online vendors. Me and Ironwill have been stockpiling them for future tournaments before the supply is exhausted. The tournament is geared for 5-6 players since either divides evenly into the 30 packs contained in the box. However if we have enough additional interest, we might be able to do a 10-12 player tournament keeping the ratio the same.

whens the next ep1 one?

hoobs

Post by hoobs »

We haven't discussed a date for the Episode 1 tourney but I personally have Columbus day week as well as Thanksgiving week off from work and would like to do it then if we can coordinate everyone's schedules.

Return to “Player Locator”