MN Super Weekend

deadbody
Lead Moderator

MN Super Weekend

Post by deadbody »

Hey all, I've just finalized plans. Minnesota Super Weekend is less than a month away.

July 25th 1 pm start time MN Mini-Open. 1 bye for worlds on the line (remember worlds will be here). 3 judge system, Myself and 2 other judges. $10 entry fee.

July 26th 11 am start time Bespin Regional 2 Byes for worlds. At this time Mike Raveling has offered to graciously run this as he is already in possession of a bye for Worlds. $10 entry fee prizes for all

July 27th 11am start time MN states. 1 bye to worlds. $10 entry fee Prizes for all. 3 judge System.

If people could let me know how many events they plan on playing it would simplify my ordering of Prize support, there will be Glass for MN States and Bespin regionals, and I have requested a V card for the winner of the weekend (highest combined finishes in all 3 events). Prizes wil include Trophys, rares, packs, and tournament foils, and depending on turnout Cash or Twin City Comics Gift certificates as well.

All events are at Twin City Comics. Decklists are required.

Any questions feel free to ask me.

See you all there.

Garrett

Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

Lukes Bionic Hand
Retired Advocate
Location: A realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it

Post by Lukes Bionic Hand »

I will likely be at all 3. Hopefully the bye will be passing down to 4th or 5th place by Sunday! :lol:
Last edited by Lukes Bionic Hand on July 1st, 2008, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Smoking Gungan wrote:worf plays for canada even though that team has no honor and plays dirty
Image Image

citizenSwanky
Anthology
Anthology

Post by citizenSwanky »

Saturday and Sunday for sure, Friday is a possibility.

MasterJediAdam
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by MasterJediAdam »

at least Friday and Saturday, possibly Sunday.
ImageImage

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

I am planning for all three. I may bring my son up to check out the experience too.... make it a family affair.
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

Lukes Bionic Hand
Retired Advocate
Location: A realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it

Post by Lukes Bionic Hand »

Ack, looks like I won't be able to make it on Sunday. I should be good for the other 2 events though.

Any chance we could bump up the start time for Friday a little? I have something that evening. But if you're trying to make it easier for people coming that morning or people requested it later that's fine too, I just don't know if I'll be able to stay for the whole thing if every game goes the full time, assuming it's 6 games.

How many games are these events. All 6?
The Smoking Gungan wrote:worf plays for canada even though that team has no honor and plays dirty
Image Image

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

All are 6 games, the Friday start time was to accomodate the people traveling from out of town. Have you ever known a tournament I ran to go all 6 games time?

Not gonna happen my man, we keep that * moving.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

Lukes Bionic Hand wrote:Ack, looks like I won't be able to make it on Sunday. I should be good for the other 2 events though.

Any chance we could bump up the start time for Friday a little? I have something that evening. But if you're trying to make it easier for people coming that morning or people requested it later that's fine too, I just don't know if I'll be able to stay for the whole thing if every game goes the full time, assuming it's 6 games.

How many games are these events. All 6?
Oh come on, Mark! Tell your LARPing buddies you'll meet them in the park a little later... I am sure someone will hold on to your leather jerkin and broadsword +2.... SWCCG waits for no man... or woman... or cat man...

Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Just another Reminder that the MN super weekend is July 25th. 26th and 27th at Twin City Comics.

And just to make things fun. Any tournament that has 20 or more people playing in it will have an Ultra Rare given away to one random player. Jedi Luke, Emperor Palpatine, and at least 1 Reflections 3 UR foil. If any day has over 40 I'll make it 2 UR's for the tournament, and if we get 50 on any one day I'll give away a FOIL Darth Maul Young Apprentice card to one lucky participant. THere will be great prizes for all who attend, including rares and packs.

Hope to see you all there.

Remember Saturday is also Worldwide SWCCG day, I'll have some commons there for everyone to sign one, and send to the PC.
Image Image

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

I posted the results for Friday's event here with some pictures and video... all my games went to the end of the time, so I wasn't able to o a whole lot of interviewing stuff. I also posted our midnight release at Toys R Us event. That was cool and will be on the local Minneapolis news (Kare 11's Today) from 8am - 10 am. Check back later.
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

FYI Jim Li won this, Peter Jacobson got the bye for finishing 6th.

Mike Raveling won the V card for the weekend by Finishing 1st, 3rd and 4th total.
Image Image

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

6th place bye?

Well that's now at least 6 mediocre players with byes from MN then. Well, make that 5. Jim Li is a champ.

citizenSwanky
Anthology
Anthology

Post by citizenSwanky »

Schele wrote:6th place bye?

Well that's now at least 6 mediocre players with byes from MN then. Well, make that 5. Jim Li is a champ.
True that, Jim Li is a champ. I lost three games all weekend, and two of them were to him.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

citizenSwanky wrote:

True that, Jim Li is a champ. I lost three games all weekend, and two of them were to him.
And the other was to me.

Take that Fa;lsdghfapoijiwerefaford.
Image Image

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

Wow Garrett, I'm impressed. You beat a guy who has a name that you can't even spell.

I guess you have to take what you can get, right?

citizenSwanky
Anthology
Anthology

Post by citizenSwanky »

deadbody wrote:
citizenSwanky wrote:

And the other was to me.

Awww. But you only beat me by 1 :twisted:

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Schele wrote:Wow Garrett, I'm impressed. You beat a guy who has a name that you can't even spell.

I guess you have to take what you can get, right?
I can spell it just fine, this is just part of an ongoing joke on Tom, since I've been pronouncing his name wrong for years.

He has played like a champ this whole year though, and had a hell of a good weekend. Mad props to Tom.
Image Image

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

Sigh. Garrett doesn't understand when people are making fun of him.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

deadbody wrote:
citizenSwanky wrote:

And the other was to me.

Yeah but Garrett, in my two games i ended up with 25 times more differential over Tom than you in your win :-)

And Tom, I was really impressed by both how well you played and your decks this weekend, keep it up and show them out of towners a thing or two come worlds. You won't have to worry about Schele's sexy eyes distracting you from your games since he won't be there.

-Jim

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

jimli wrote:
deadbody wrote:
citizenSwanky wrote:

And the other was to me.

Yeah but Garrett, in my two games i ended up with 25 times more differential over Tom than you in your win :-)

And Tom, I was really impressed by both how well you played and your decks this weekend, keep it up and show them out of towners a thing or two come worlds. You won't have to worry about Schele's sexy eyes distracting you from your games since he won't be there.

-Jim
Well stated Jim.
Image Image

Return to “[Road to Worlds] State, Provincial and Mini-Open Championships”