DAY 3 UPDATES

Princeton Clarion Hotel, 3499 Route 1 South
Princeton, NJ, US, 08540
Clarion Hotel
woundedwookiee

Re: DAY 3 UPDATES

Post by woundedwookiee »

Com'on HuntaWarya!

Brad Eier/AR wrote: labria had gone undercover, and gathered plenty of info for the empire. he was very active, but for our purposes, we will call him inactive. corran horn has a penchant for sniffing out this type of subterfuge, so he is able to honkey-swat labria's undercover away

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Brian won the first game by 26.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Anodos
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Anodos »

COME ON HUNTER!!!!!!
Blake Huffman

You know what I'm talking about. This is just like that time Captain Picard wanted Luke to go with Treebeard but Luke was all "I don't know what you're talking about, do you mean this dragon I caught?" and Captain Picard was all NO RETARD, I mean go with that tree and Luke just kept talking to his friends Anakin and Jar-Jar and then he left Picard on Mordor and forgot about it completely. I love that episode.

Quoted from an email my wife sent me.

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Brian Hunter is your 2009 SWCCG World Champion.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

woundedwookiee

Post by woundedwookiee »

OMG AWESOME!

HUNTER!!!1 :D
Brad Eier/AR wrote: labria had gone undercover, and gathered plenty of info for the empire. he was very active, but for our purposes, we will call him inactive. corran horn has a penchant for sniffing out this type of subterfuge, so he is able to honkey-swat labria's undercover away

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Way to go Hunter!

jademasters
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by jademasters »

Congrats to Hunter!!
May the Force be With you!

mrgoofball
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by mrgoofball »

Grats Hunter.

darklordofthesith
DS Region: Endor

Post by darklordofthesith »

awesome way to go hunter!!!! You finally have the championship to go with the champion you have always been!!! great work and way to play.

White slavery done right....... I am sure with some meta choices but as you said "It is hard to imagine a scenario in which this deck is left with no options"

I was not there so I don't know the details maybe you even lost with this deck but either way thats what the dark side was having a hard time with...options and you made it happen great job man.

Seems like a favorable match up against profit but the endor ops vs wys could have been rough. I look forward to seeing a report.

citizenSwanky
Anthology
Anthology

Post by citizenSwanky »

Grats Hunter.

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

He got it, Congrats man, no more being a bridesmaid. Time to update that list of top players on DT now that he has the championship that he has been wanting for years. Do you think he retires now that he has gotten it?

DVD ROTS
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by DVD ROTS »

Congrats, Hunter.

Now he'll be even more insufferable :P .

Good work getting the monkey off your back, though.
Kevbozzz wrote:When you're crushing Hyperdrive with BHBM, Booker doesn't come rappelling through your kitchen window demanding that you play real decks.

Rogue4
Retired Advocate

Post by Rogue4 »

Congrats!
May the game never die...and may you always let the wookiee win.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Congrats Hunter, finally doing the only thing he hasn't done in this game.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

jawa_knight
LS Region: Mon Calamari
LS Region: Mon Calamari

Post by jawa_knight »

Great work. Congratulations

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

darklordofthesith wrote: Seems like a favorable match up against profit but the endor ops vs wys could have been rough. I look forward to seeing a report.
Hmm I'd say you have these matchups backwards :P

Congrats Hunter! Awesome job.

darklordofthesith

Post by darklordofthesith »

Throdo wrote:
darklordofthesith wrote: Seems like a favorable match up against profit but the endor ops vs wys could have been rough. I look forward to seeing a report.
Hmm I'd say you have these matchups backwards :P

Congrats Hunter! Awesome job.
flip side of ops makes 1 bd for light thats rough on wys and uncancelable drains for the 4 controls/tunnels they play. plus eops can work on combat response ..all in with bounty hunters and ships is good space.. of course I don't think that is how normal people build just crazy's like me who see a solid platform that can go ground and space.

against profit well people probably only played 1 eject eject v. Against watto you need like 3. The junkyard can still be a fortress... and from there deploy to a bg and consolidate.. likely occupation damage early to mid game ads up and then when they can't spend two a turn.... just a matter of time of which you have plenty in match play championship.

In fact the way I see it unless ds craps out on getting the bridge or some kind of activation and if that 1st watto does not get blown out well then ya it's going to win. Could even start r3 fett at audiance and start the mos espa stack up early.

MasterJediAdam
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by MasterJediAdam »

Congrats Hunter!
ImageImage

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

darklordofthesith wrote:flip side of ops makes 1 bd for light thats rough on wys and uncancelable drains for the 4 controls/tunnels they play. plus eops can work on combat response ..all in with bounty hunters and ships is good space.. of course I don't think that is how normal people build just crazy's like me who see a solid platform that can go ground and space.

against profit well people probably only played 1 eject eject v. Against watto you need like 3. The junkyard can still be a fortress... and from there deploy to a bg and consolidate.. likely occupation damage early to mid game ads up and then when they can't spend two a turn.... just a matter of time of which you have plenty in match play championship.

In fact the way I see it unless ds craps out on getting the bridge or some kind of activation and if that 1st watto does not get blown out well then ya it's going to win. Could even start r3 fett at audiance and start the mos espa stack up early.
for some reason I was thinking TTO endor ops :P Obviously not though lol.

marsrover21
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by marsrover21 »

Finally. Congrats dude. Only 10+ years in the making 8)
kevbozzz wrote:I must be a red rock, because I just got crushed by marsrover.

Return to “World Championships - Oct 8-11, 2009”