Princeton Clarion Hotel, 3499 Route 1 South
Princeton, NJ, US, 08540
Clarion Hotel
Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Re: Day 2 Lightside KTOD Profit - Gemme Version

Post by Wolverine »

deck wrote:There really isn't any justification to playing any other version of obi-wan than juice (v8). Once you free han you're going to protect him with either obi-wan or luke at the bare minimum. Here are some bullets, because trying to explain this all at once is making my head explode and my backspace key wear out.

re: ben kenobi
he can drain outside at tatooine even when you dont flip. this allows you to play extremely fast. turn 1 obi wan with a lightsaber, lightsaber proficiency and obi wan's journal is not easy to deal with, draining you for 3 a turn. no other ben kenobi could do this.

He's immune less than eight (eight!) vs. anybody that might pose a serious threat to him, and still immune <5 against anyone that might pose a minor threat (galen, mara) and craps on people who could've posed a threat but no longer do (bounty hunters).

Re: han

han does not need to be alive, beacuse you can still drain with obi wan when he isnt, and you figure out ways to get him back on table safely.

This deck does not need to be flipped until you are ready to win. Therefore, if they kill han, that means they deployed characters that you can go and destroy with your better characters.

If han dies you can get him back with Jedi Levitation V or with seeking an audience. Seeking an audience is about broken for this. you just get him back, no questions asked. and you can redeploy him when and where you want.

most importantly, our gameplan was always to put 3po (or any droid) with han, because when we played profit in 2008 with great success, we played 3-4 "don't forget the droids V" resulting in its errata. we expected people to think we had at least one of those in the deck, and to fear ever going after han because of it. this may or may not have worked, there's no way to tell, but I don't think any of us got our han's killed on day 2 (nelson mightve killed my han on day 3 but i can't recall).
LOVE the seeking the Audience tech (again, bit of a newb and learning as I go along)!

I have a copy of it (though not infront of me) but the "original" DFATD v was pretty nasty? Did you guys ever try n squeze Wokling in? Ever have a oponent start off with Mara W Stick and another phat daddy Alien, if so how did you deal with it?

THE 1996 'retro' World CHAMPION! I took you out Asselin, bc your decks sucked!

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

Wolverine wrote: with Mara W Stick and another phat daddy Alien, if so how did you deal with it?

with this guy
Jerry H

Image Image

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

quesosauce37 wrote:
Wolverine wrote: with Mara W Stick and another phat daddy Alien, if so how did you deal with it?

with this guy
Yes, in this particular deck he is definately sick! :popcorn:

LOL, was reading Rebel Leadership v (wondering HOW they could have made it better) yeah... :shock:

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

the rest of my team didnt use rebel leadership v, they used wesa got a grand army and the boss nass' chambers. i used rebel leadership v for adding destiny/imiting destiny with v8 obi wan.

and you asked if we used wokling, i thought it was in the deck.

honestly, this deck went 19-3 at worlds between four players, i dont think the focus should be on making it better.
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

deck wrote:the rest of my team didnt use rebel leadership v, they used wesa got a grand army and the boss nass' chambers. i used rebel leadership v for adding destiny/imiting destiny with v8 obi wan.

and you asked if we used wokling, i thought it was in the deck.

honestly, this deck went 19-3 at worlds between four players, i dont think the focus should be on making it better.
Yes, I much prefer the Rebel Leaderships over Wesa + Nass Chambers big time.

It is a great deck indeed and super fun too boot :)

Return to “World Championships - Oct 8-11, 2009”