Princeton Clarion Hotel, 3499 Route 1 South
Princeton, NJ, US, 08540
Clarion Hotel
Halfwingseen
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Re: Day 2 Lightside KTOD Profit - Gemme Version

Post by Halfwingseen »

Shadow 13 wrote:i have no idea how to pronounce "caveat" but i'm sure it's nothing like caviar.

i just meant that the destiny thing should have been taken care of by errata'ing After Her (V) instead of Leia RP herself. and that the retrieval on leia RP should have been fixed (eg reverse the placement of Lost Pile and Reserve Deck in that sentence, i dunno how ppl didn't think that was a typo when the set came out).
Cav-E-ot

Like Cavalier Easter Otter.

Just so you know. :wink:

Hunter wrote: I think you're right.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

_maul wrote:Do you mean to tell me those saying that he is far more balanced than Leia RP were not right?
Do you mean to tell me <--we all get this, he's being hyperbolic
those saying that <--he's not saying this!
he is far more balanced than Leia RP <--Luke SITF is more balanced than pre-errata Leia RP?
were not right? <--no, they were right. Leia is NOT balanced....Luke is powerful, but balanced.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

allstarz97 wrote:our first version had like 2 but then we realized you just didnt need it. luke + obi was just enough.
Shoot man, I would be greasing the chops to pack that in! Not to mention the back-up Saber grab (you only have one of each stick)

Looks like a nifty deck for sure! To be honest, I had NO idea You Can Either Profit... was any sort of Tier!
THE 1996 'retro' World CHAMPION! I took you out Asselin, bc your decks sucked!

shabooba
DS Region: Ralltiir
DS Region: Ralltiir

Post by shabooba »

Just out of curiosity, did you guys playtest this version of Profit against BHBM? I am out of the loop, not having played since the errata / new VC-set, so how would you think would do against LS ground?

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

shabooba wrote:Just out of curiosity, did you guys playtest this version of Profit against BHBM? I am out of the loop, not having played since the errata / new VC-set, so how would you think would do against LS ground?

At first we figured that was our autoloss, but it turns out it's not. Basicly because you can pull luke from deck turn 1 the ds player has to put emp at the ac if he starts aliens...so like thats their turn 1 and you just focus on getting out obi + lando + chewie + leia, deploying luke their too so they have to move over to capture, to a site and tanking up obi. It's not as easy as other mains matchups, but its not an auto loss. ds's charcaters are so bad, and they will never fight on their terms so id say profit is still favored.

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

quesosauce37 wrote:
Nitsuj wrote:Trooper Sabaac!

oO

sabbac +ltww = you wish you played the sabbac shield or grabbed something else
Further explanation on this tech? :)

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

Wolverine wrote:
quesosauce37 wrote:
Nitsuj wrote:Trooper Sabaac!

oO

sabbac +ltww = you wish you played the sabbac shield or grabbed something else
Further explanation on this tech? :)
if you are good at tracking you can set up your 2 sabacc destinies using let the wookiee win v and also use it to get your sabacc back every turn, or you can threepio for it etc

but being able to insta-track 2 destinies with ltww v is huge
Jerry H

Image Image

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

[/quote]

sabbac +ltww = you wish you played the sabbac shield or grabbed something else[/quote]

Further explanation on this tech? :)[/quote]
if you are good at tracking you can set up your 2 sabacc destinies using let the wookiee win v and also use it to get your sabacc back every turn, or you can threepio for it etc

but being able to insta-track 2 destinies with ltww v is huge[/quote]

lol, constantly reminded; SW CCG (DECIPHER) most complex CCG in the world!

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

Wolverine wrote:lol, constantly reminded; SW CCG (DECIPHER) most complex CCG in the world!
and also the bestest ccg ever!
Jerry H

Image Image

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

deck wrote:This deck is cool because it can play as reactive mains, control with big drains and direct damage and retrieval or as an ultra aggressive damage deck.

AFA v
You can either profit by this... or be destroyed
Tatooine Jabba's Palace
Jabba's Palace Audience Chamber
Han v
Heading for the Medical Frigate
Rycar Ryjerd v
Seeking an Audience v
Quick Draw v

Hoth Echo War Room
Coruscant Jedi Council Chamber

Luke, Strong in the Force x4
Obi Wan Kenobi V8 x3
Boushh
Chewie, Protector
Lando w/ Vibro Ax
Corran Horn
Padme Nebarrie v
Qui Gon w/ Lightsaber
Threepio w/ parts showing

Obi Wan's Lightsaber
Luke's Lightsaber
Leia's Blaster Rifle
Obi Wan's Journal
Bionic Hand v x2
Tatooine Utility Belt v

Blaster Profiency/Sorry About the Mess
Run Luke Run
It Could Be Worse
We're Doomed
Trooper Sabacc
Let the Wookiee Win x2
Harvest v
On the Edge
Blaster Deflection
Rebel Leadership v x2
Speak with the Jedi Council x2
A Jedi's Resiliance x2
Impressive Most Impressive v
Bith Shuffle / Desperate Reach
Nabrun Leids
Jedi Levitation v
Free Ride / Endor Celebration

Imperial Atrocity x3
Vergeance in the Force
Lightsaber Proficiency
Scrambled Transmission v
Sai'tor Kal Fas

The major difference in my version was that I wanted rebel leaderships with the hoth war room in case i faced halkers (hoth walkers) and I did, so that was good. Everybody else ran Wesa got a grand amry with boss nass' chambers. Justin also ran a Princess Leia V instead of a chewbacca protector on day 2. Steve ran some more battle oriented stuff like a second Run Luke Run on day 2 and less Atrocities and possibly some other changes. Chu's list featured undercover spies and is probably about 10-15 cards different.

Profit went 19-3 for us this weekend.
What is the AFA v? Also, is the Let The wookiee Win(s) V18?

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Wolverine wrote:What is the AFA v? Also, is the Let The wookiee Win(s) V18?
AFAv= Anger, Fear, Aggression v (Starting Effect). And yes, the Let the wookiee Wins are def. virtual.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

imrahil327 wrote:
Wolverine wrote:What is the AFA v? Also, is the Let The wookiee Win(s) V18?
AFAv= Anger, Fear, Aggression v (Starting Effect). And yes, the Let the wookiee Wins are def. virtual.
Besides the Propagandas being V (and not listed as such) is there anything else that is V and not listed / indicated as / do you know?

Thanks man!

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Sai'torr Kal'Fas obviously is v...Chewie Protecter MIGHT be v but probably isn't, because non-v has good text. Other than that, I think everything is marked.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

imrahil327 wrote:Sai'torr Kal'Fas obviously is v...Chewie Protecter MIGHT be v but probably isn't, because non-v has good text. Other than that, I think everything is marked.
Yes, I caught that one after looking at the list twice. Looks like a SUPER fun deck and what blows me away too boot is it (apparently) was a killer at Worlds!

Being honest, I am coming off the tail end of collecting everything I need for a collection and then some, so just would like to see the deck pieced together and see how it works. I have only built ONE deck with all the new cards, and it was OK for a first try, I guess :P

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

Halfwingseen wrote:
deck wrote:Are you capturing via hidden weapons? if so then there could be an issue if luke gets captured in this method and I could not find one of my other 2 lightsaber wielding characters or leia with her gun. However, when building this deck, we were only concerned with being prepared for decks we'd see at a championship level event such as world championships.

However, I dont think jabba and a bounty hunter, even with me not being able to play interrupts, is not that scary when I can draw multiple destinies with one character in Luke.
Capturing Via All Wrapped up v, Capture weapons particular feltipern trevagg's stun rifle v with jodo kast for destiny +4. hidden weapons is cancelled with boba's gun. I think that CCT flip is a legitimate deck for championship level events. it does well against WYS, IMO Profit, and mains. I mean it wouldnt be a beat-all darkside deck, but nothing really is at this point in time it was favorable matchups that were common decks used. the majority of my bounty hunters are DV 5-6 with Jabba being a 9/untargetable. I don't see how multiple lightsaber weilding characters could easily be deployed vs CCT you get 1 icon from CCT flip in this matchup and if you get JCC + war room out you get 11 force 12 with wokling, Luke SITF is 4, Obi is 6, quiggy is 8, of these only Luke + obi could be played without saving force and then luke becomes captured via a capture weapon and obi is beat up upon, or one of them is shot with boba's gun and attrition removes the other (and luke is captured with All wrapped up), either way DS loses 1 character two if you hit two. and retrieves them with the bounty placed on luke which is pretty much always in hand with all wrapped up v. taking one of them back into hand and redeploying.

Jabba + chokk + bounty hunter is more likely (since you can start with all three vs profit). Jabba + chokk alone is power 20 with 1 Battle destiny. a bounty hunter adds power, can add a BD or two (oota v, Jabba's through with you) or a destiny to power/attrition (boba) luke alone would be a terrible choice, as he could be severely beaten upon. luke with hand + journal + saber is Power 7 DV 6 with a BD and destiny to power and cancels the weapon destiny against him (or a BD) and Ds gets 24 power with 1 BD for luke not to be overpowered he has to cancel the BD and draw 15 total with two battle destinies, and if DS adds a BD it gets more difficult and with boba there it can end in overflow easily.

I don't see this being a favorable matchup for Profit now, and at best it's up to whomever gets their battle interrupts more often
Would you like the CCT list? or am I going to be dismissed, either way i'm fine with.

I'd like to see a deck list FWIW

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

Did you consider Ben Kenobi over Obi-Wan V8?

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

Wolverine wrote:Did you consider Ben Kenobi over Obi-Wan V8?
v8 obi allows you to force drain even when the objective says you cant, thats the reason id use v8 obi over ben kenobi
Jerry H

Image Image

Wolverine
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Wolverine »

quesosauce37 wrote:
Wolverine wrote:Did you consider Ben Kenobi over Obi-Wan V8?
v8 obi allows you to force drain even when the objective says you cant, thats the reason id use v8 obi over ben kenobi
Though, Ben Kenobi would be better insurance to make sure Han (and the Objective) stay flipped. Or was there problems with the objective flipping at all?

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

The deck generally uses the massive swarms, and hans immunity to attrition and epps to protect him. Plus you can just get him back with seeking an audience.
Well, Bye.

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

There really isn't any justification to playing any other version of obi-wan than juice (v8). Once you free han you're going to protect him with either obi-wan or luke at the bare minimum. Here are some bullets, because trying to explain this all at once is making my head explode and my backspace key wear out.

re: ben kenobi
he can drain outside at tatooine even when you dont flip. this allows you to play extremely fast. turn 1 obi wan with a lightsaber, lightsaber proficiency and obi wan's journal is not easy to deal with, draining you for 3 a turn. no other ben kenobi could do this.

He's immune less than eight (eight!) vs. anybody that might pose a serious threat to him, and still immune <5 against anyone that might pose a minor threat (galen, mara) and craps on people who could've posed a threat but no longer do (bounty hunters).

Re: han

han does not need to be alive, beacuse you can still drain with obi wan when he isnt, and you figure out ways to get him back on table safely.

This deck does not need to be flipped until you are ready to win. Therefore, if they kill han, that means they deployed characters that you can go and destroy with your better characters.

If han dies you can get him back with Jedi Levitation V or with seeking an audience. Seeking an audience is about broken for this. you just get him back, no questions asked. and you can redeploy him when and where you want.

most importantly, our gameplan was always to put 3po (or any droid) with han, because when we played profit in 2008 with great success, we played 3-4 "don't forget the droids V" resulting in its errata. we expected people to think we had at least one of those in the deck, and to fear ever going after han because of it. this may or may not have worked, there's no way to tell, but I don't think any of us got our han's killed on day 2 (nelson mightve killed my han on day 3 but i can't recall).
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

Return to “World Championships - Oct 8-11, 2009”