Princeton, NJ, US, 08540
Clarion Hotel
deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Re: Day 2 Lightside KTOD Profit - Gemme Version

Post by deck »

Are you capturing via hidden weapons? if so then there could be an issue if luke gets captured in this method and I could not find one of my other 2 lightsaber wielding characters or leia with her gun. However, when building this deck, we were only concerned with being prepared for decks we'd see at a championship level event such as world championships.

However, I dont think jabba and a bounty hunter, even with me not being able to play interrupts, is not that scary when I can draw multiple destinies with one character in Luke.

Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

so i've always loved ktod decks, but honestly i wasn't super amazed at this profit. it looks ok, it certainly is fast and has strengths, and it had a decent record at 19-3, but so did pretty much all the other ls decks. i mean, joe and kyle went 4-0 with our trm (kyle might've lost a game but i don't think he did) and i went 3-1, losing to sokol. so 11-1? it just seems like all the ls decks were good. i dunno. not to crap on your guys' profit, you obv did well but i'd wager that having a good ds had more to do with that, or having the right matchups with your ds. i know, i had 2 horrible matchups with ds (my own fault for not playing counters for senate tho so that's def chalked up to being bad at swccg, not luck), and i had one coin flip matchup with ds (my hd vs fred's trm, generally i'd say trm should win but it's pretty much a 50/50 matchup). and like, shannon had the worst luck EVER with matchups with his hd.

that rambled a bit, but overall i do like this profit, but i don't think it's super ground breaking or anything. i guess ktod has had so many amazingly ground breaking decks in the past (obv ktod ds senate is #1 on this list, but also gemme's ktod hd which changed the way hd was played from then on, and desai's ktod ls senate was the most perfect ls senate ever, etc), that i just don't see this as fitting in with those 3 ktod decks that i mentioned.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

Halfwingseen
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Halfwingseen »

deck wrote:Are you capturing via hidden weapons? if so then there could be an issue if luke gets captured in this method and I could not find one of my other 2 lightsaber wielding characters or leia with her gun. However, when building this deck, we were only concerned with being prepared for decks we'd see at a championship level event such as world championships.

However, I dont think jabba and a bounty hunter, even with me not being able to play interrupts, is not that scary when I can draw multiple destinies with one character in Luke.
Capturing Via All Wrapped up v, Capture weapons particular feltipern trevagg's stun rifle v with jodo kast for destiny +4. hidden weapons is cancelled with boba's gun. I think that CCT flip is a legitimate deck for championship level events. it does well against WYS, IMO Profit, and mains. I mean it wouldnt be a beat-all darkside deck, but nothing really is at this point in time it was favorable matchups that were common decks used. the majority of my bounty hunters are DV 5-6 with Jabba being a 9/untargetable. I don't see how multiple lightsaber weilding characters could easily be deployed vs CCT you get 1 icon from CCT flip in this matchup and if you get JCC + war room out you get 11 force 12 with wokling, Luke SITF is 4, Obi is 6, quiggy is 8, of these only Luke + obi could be played without saving force and then luke becomes captured via a capture weapon and obi is beat up upon, or one of them is shot with boba's gun and attrition removes the other (and luke is captured with All wrapped up), either way DS loses 1 character two if you hit two. and retrieves them with the bounty placed on luke which is pretty much always in hand with all wrapped up v. taking one of them back into hand and redeploying.

Jabba + chokk + bounty hunter is more likely (since you can start with all three vs profit). Jabba + chokk alone is power 20 with 1 Battle destiny. a bounty hunter adds power, can add a BD or two (oota v, Jabba's through with you) or a destiny to power/attrition (boba) luke alone would be a terrible choice, as he could be severely beaten upon. luke with hand + journal + saber is Power 7 DV 6 with a BD and destiny to power and cancels the weapon destiny against him (or a BD) and Ds gets 24 power with 1 BD for luke not to be overpowered he has to cancel the BD and draw 15 total with two battle destinies, and if DS adds a BD it gets more difficult and with boba there it can end in overflow easily.

I don't see this being a favorable matchup for Profit now, and at best it's up to whomever gets their battle interrupts more often
Would you like the CCT list? or am I going to be dismissed, either way i'm fine with.
Hunter wrote: I think you're right.

The Honky Tonk Man

Post by The Honky Tonk Man »

deck wrote:Are you capturing via hidden weapons? if so then there could be an issue if luke gets captured in this method and I could not find one of my other 2 lightsaber wielding characters or leia with her gun. However, when building this deck, we were only concerned with being prepared for decks we'd see at a championship level event such as world championships.

Oh lord, this is a BLOW OUT.

Halfwingseen
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Halfwingseen »

James Paul Booker wrote:
Oh lord, this is a BLOW OUT.
No this is:

:wink:

The Honky Tonk Man

Post by The Honky Tonk Man »

ahhh!!!

AND IT WAS WHITE BORDERED

Halfwingseen
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Halfwingseen »

James Paul Booker wrote:AND IT WAS WHITE BORDERED
/blown out

i need to do my research.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

Halfwingseen wrote:or am I going to be dismissed, either way i'm fine with.
probably you'll just be dismissed. no big deal.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

deck wrote:when building this deck, we were only concerned with being prepared for decks we'd see at a championship level event such as world championships
this quote needs to be the reply to every "oh but my hoth creatures cheese deck beats this!" comment

Halfwingseen
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Halfwingseen »

arebelspy wrote:
deck wrote:when building this deck, we were only concerned with being prepared for decks we'd see at a championship level event such as world championships
this quote needs to be the reply to every "oh but my hoth creatures cheese deck beats this!" comment
At least i brought up a legitimate deck that was improved with the last set quite dramatically.

mryellow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by mryellow »

Halfwingseen wrote:
arebelspy wrote:
At least i brought up a legitimate deck that was improved with the last set quite dramatically.
I for one would definitely like to see a list, feel free to PM it to me if you don't want to post it here.

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

Halfwingseen wrote:
arebelspy wrote:
To quote southpark....

"you don't count halfy!"

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Eh, the TRM went only 2-2 for me because it loses random games to TTO when it is played by good players (Jan and Joe).

Also, the real deck that beats Profit is the Iggy deck.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

deck
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

I mean, I'm not dismissing anything, I just disagree that a couple of aliens reaching 20 power is going to win a game. the profit is really tough to gameplan against. You go inside, I drain outside. You split up and try to block me, I beat the piss out of you. you try to drain me in space, I drain you faster on the ground with direct damage sources that attack your life force.

send chu the list, he loves scum decks and if it's any good I'm sure he can make it better and we can run some games with it. but if this dark deck is so good, why wasn't it brought to worlds? I think iggy is in the same boat. We tested iggy with original KTOD profit, maybe DFTD changed that matchup, I don't know. I'm just having some discussion about the deck. If people don't like it that much it's no big deal. It raked in 1600 bones for the good guys this weekend and it * just about everything it faced except the guy that won the tournament and 2 losses myself (and that's no slight to ryan, but even he admitted he was done for if I knew how to use blaster proficiency used [I actually was impressed with Ryan's deck and was curious as to what he lost to at worlds because it seemed like what I made my EOPS to be, only ISB seemed a little slower]).
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

iggy was def in that same boat before worlds, cause it lost to wys and trm. but now it matches up really well vs profit so at least it has ONE good matchup, and if trm doesn't know what to do or gets a bad draw iggy CAN win that game. and maybe it can play some tech vs wys?

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

my ISB lost to joe olson's TRM and brian fred's TRM and joe graham's hidden base (b/c it was the one matchup where i couldn't start Sith's Plans and it took me forever to get any activation and then forever to probe). turns out TRM is just too fast for it, they can run around me in space and if i can't get praji/grond loop going strong they drain me out at the naboo site too after killing u3po. i was incredibly unprepared for worlds this year, it won't happen again.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

DVD ROTS
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by DVD ROTS »

Shadow 13 wrote:my ISB lost to joe olson's TRM and brian fred's TRM and joe graham's hidden base (b/c it was the one matchup where i couldn't start Sith's Plans and it took me forever to get any activation and then forever to probe). turns out TRM is just too fast for it, they can run around me in space and if i can't get praji/grond loop going strong they drain me out at the naboo site too after killing u3po. i was incredibly unprepared for worlds this year, it won't happen again.

Image of the Dark Lord/Dark Waters/5d6 in an unpiloted walker at a <> db? Though I guess you can't really play it Retardosaurus Rex style if you're playing a LSD version... do you have a list?
Kevbozzz wrote:When you're crushing Hyperdrive with BHBM, Booker doesn't come rappelling through your kitchen window demanding that you play real decks.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

i'll post it eventually. it's terrible except vs profit and wys and prolly hidden base V (though they do have that rebel cell site that stops me from modifying their drains). i'm at work without my decks so it won't be for at least another day. but really it's not good.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

coma
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by coma »

At the Atlanta event the same day as worlds my brother beat a cct/feet deck "built to beat profit" with profit by the mid to upper 20s, after not playing for 4 years. So yeah i don't see it beating a much better profit deck played by someone thats on top of thier game.
Justin

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

how the hell does cct beat profit?

Return to “World Championships - Oct 8-11, 2009”