2009 Worlds Weekend Decklists (Days 2 and 3)

Princeton Clarion Hotel, 3499 Route 1 South
Princeton, NJ, US, 08540
Clarion Hotel
Aglets
Rules Advocate

2009 Worlds Weekend Decklists (Days 2 and 3)

Post by Aglets »

the first of quite a few I hope.
Attachments
2k9WorldsDay3decks.pdf
Day 3 decklists - Worlds 2k9
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 250 times
2k9WorldsDay3decks.pdf
Day 3 decklists - Worlds 2k9
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 250 times
Worlds2009Day2Lists.pdf
Day 2 decklists - Worlds 2k9
(5.51 MiB) Downloaded 329 times
Worlds2009Day2Lists.pdf
Day 2 decklists - Worlds 2k9
(5.51 MiB) Downloaded 329 times

Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

3MW0J8

Re: 2009 Worlds Weekend Decklists

Post by 3MW0J8 »

fapfapfapfap
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

s_ skywalker
LS Region: Kiffex
LS Region: Kiffex

Post by s_ skywalker »

Thanks Tim, appreciate the speed at which you got this baby up!

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

3MW0J8 wrote:fapfapfapfap

:lol:
Jerry H

Image Image

kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

Wow, after seeing this, I admire Hunter even more. He seems to have been playing with such "regular" decks.
Kryptofis

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

It is probably pretty lucky he got almost every card he needed very quickly both games. Espicially in the 2nd game, because if he didn't have 1 of 2 barrier and his only projective that early, he might have lost by more than 26.

But he did. Good win Hunter.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

I didn't see the game, but maybe he would have played differently without those cards in his hand?

I actually can't figure how his dark could lose to a profit deck by 26 with the space drains he was capable of.

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

after getting overflowed on justins turn 1 for like 5-6 cards, how would taking overflow when lando w/ axe, luke sitf adding a power destiny and chopping up ozzel for 3 destines with 14 base power if hunter didnt have the barrier. would hunter have been able to deploy a ship?
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Hey like I said, I didn't see the game. All I know is that if I'm playing a deck w/ 5+ icsd, chiraneau, endor, and tatooine and I need to not lose by 25 to win the swccg world championships, I'd just put one ship at each system and chiraneau with one of them and pay to drain. Then later on throw down a ton of ground at one place where I wouldn't be overflowed. Its a losing strategy, but it shouldn't lose by 25.

deck

Post by deck »

i played eops with drains of 4/3 with chiraneau and ominous rumours. justin had 2 vergeance in his deck and 4 atrocities on day 3. plus a control/sfs canceller and multiple retreival cards. he beat me by 23 and i think my deck is as quick as hunters considering i start Dreaded and get a free (or cheap) squadron out to two sytems on turn 2.
Mike "Deck" Gemme

DarkBro
DS Region: Kiffex
DS Region: Kiffex

Post by DarkBro »

deck wrote:i played eops with drains of 4/3 with chiraneau and ominous rumours. justin had 2 vergeance in his deck and 4 atrocities on day 3. plus a control/sfs canceller and multiple retreival cards. he beat me by 23 and i think my deck is as quick as hunters considering i start Dreaded and get a free (or cheap) squadron out to two sytems on turn 2.
I quickly scanned your list and only saw one squadron (Empy's Shield) - do these guys normally just act as forfeit fodder? I go back and forth on putting in the Sword and Shield in my decks using DIS(V). Overall, do you think it's worth it?

Also, how often do you think your DIS (V) deployment bonus will be in effect with just the two systems in the deck? Against TRM and most other mains decks (like the ones you faced in Day 2 i.e. WHAP, TIGIH) you should be good to go, but against a deck like Aaron's with his two systems (or WYS with two), did you have any issues with all the ships costing their normal amount? You don't mention that in your (awesome) TR, but I just wanted to see if it made any type of difference. I think the only real disadvantage to EOPS is the inability to pull locations, which is why I really like your inclusion of Establish Control (V), but after that (and without Merrejek) it seems like there's no way to reliably get a third system out to get DIS(V) working fully for you.

Overall, great decks, great showing, and great TR dude!
Image Image
Member of TBO and Team Image

deck

Post by deck »

Yeah, the squadron is awesome. Especially taking this into account: chu figured this out for day 3, he ran an ANH squadron, which is still free even with the professor shield out! he didnt tell us this day 3 tech so i kind of got blown out because of that.

but against decks like profit, or combat, you can go turn 1, ship to endor, pull the squadron for free and move your other ship to fondor to start draining big and make them pull out their own battle plan shield.

as for DIS being suspsended, it was suspended right away versus aaron on day 2 but he didn't put out his second system on day 3 until well into the game, maybe in fear i would spread out to multiple systems to start draining big at both his systems. the deck doesnt activate a ton, but if people are putting out multiple sytems i'm going to activate more. Like wys putting out kessel is the same thing as having -2 cost SDs because it gives me 2 icons.

I think the card was the right meta call, and I still think that after facing the following LS Decks on day 2 and 3: TIGIH (no system), profit (no system), HBV (two systems and the only deck that suspended DIS all day), WHAP, (no system).
Mike "Deck" Gemme

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

deck wrote:as for DIS being suspsended, it was suspended right away versus aaron on day 2 but he didn't put out his second system on day 3 until well into the game, maybe in fear i would spread out to multiple systems to start draining big at both his systems. the deck doesnt activate a ton, but if people are putting out multiple sytems i'm going to activate more. Like wys putting out kessel is the same thing as having -2 cost SDs because it gives me 2 icons.
Actually, i didn't choose not to play the system, it was stuck as the last card in my force pile for a couple turns and I had to save one for barrier in case general queers + walker came down to party vs Boush.

But yeah, DISv is a good card for EOPS even if your only running two systems.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Day 2 decklists???

Bane Slader

Post by Bane Slader »

JediJer wrote:Day 2 decklists???
Agreed.
Day 2 is like the meat and potatoes of the events man.
(Day 1 Appetizers and Day 3 Dessert)
Driven up and down in circles
Skidding down a road of black ice
Staring in and out storm windows
Driven to a fool's paradise

From the song "Driven" by Rush

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

The more people that complain about it taking so long (we're closing in on 4 full days since worlds now!) the faster I'll end up posting it. :wink:

Private email complaints work the best. Please send them to:

brandon.schele@yahoo.com

they'll be up soon. I recommend deep breaths.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

This email has reached its quota.

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

I'll address each and every one with nothing but the most kindness I'm capable of.

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

DAY 2 LISTS?!!?!?!?!?!? SEND ME SOME!!!

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

JediJer wrote:Day 2 decklists???
I have posted each of my Day 2 decks on Decktech, for anyone that is interested.

Return to “World Championships - Oct 8-11, 2009”