Jonny Chu's Worlds TR

Princeton Clarion Hotel, 3499 Route 1 South
Princeton, NJ, US, 08540
Clarion Hotel
Aglets
Rules Advocate

Re: Jonny Chu's Worlds TR

Post by Aglets »

Part of me was really hoping that Hunter would play a dark deck that uses Crush.............and wookiees for LS.

Go for the double fakeout blowout. Oh well, the half blowout is still quite amusing. Perhaps fear of whatever Hunter decrees to be a terrible card/decktype in 2010 will keep people in line for future Day 2s? 8)

Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

marsrover21 wrote: Fwiw, I think you misunderstood the TR tho. Chu says it sucks because you can pull monnok and use it on him. Unless you were trying to be funny. In which case, haha.
Haha it is then.

brady1194
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by brady1194 »

I would imagine that Crush is started against Profit to avoid a Tank Luke + Clash beatdown on the aliens started in the Audience Chamber, not to pull Monnok.

Brady

mryellow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by mryellow »

brady1194 wrote:I would imagine that Crush is started against Profit to avoid a Tank Luke + Clash beatdown on the aliens started in the Audience Chamber, not to pull Monnok.
Clash is good (and Hunter did play Presence of the Force, which Clash cancels and for which canceling Clash Crush is good for) but knowing that Monnok is in the Dark Side player's hand certainly sucks when you're faced with a matchup where you need to draw for a particular card, and you can't.

Crush would be much better now if dark side wasn't so hobbled in general. If I had a free effect to start Crush in a mains deck I would! But normally I'm trying to juggle Gift of the Master and Imp Decree and then any number of other cards, cramming them into the one remaining slot. Crush is like #6.

brady1194
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by brady1194 »

Thinking as I type here:

Luke deploys for 3. Pulls saber, pulls Bionic Hand. Clash plays for 2. Battle initiates for 1. Now it's Luke on Dr. E. Luke should easily hit Dr. E. Add a destiny to power and for 6 force you've got a serious shot at dropping 8 - 10 overflow on the DS player your first turn.

Now, more likely, the DS player probably played at least 1 more character there for backup his first turn so the 8 - 10 overflow probably looks more like 2 lost characters with no overflow.

Anyway, just thinking out loud. Would be interested in seeing Hunter's reasoning.

Brady

darklordofthesith
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by darklordofthesith »

crush is ok but lot worse than it used to be thus the sucks comment from hunter. i have you know used to be good now it really sucks. The threat of monnok will always be good however. what is it #2 on 20 most broken list if anyone pays attention to that rubbish :wink:

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

I mainly play crush to pull evader, which sadly is needed along w/ imp decree v in numerous dark decks to counter revo. It is a sad, sad state the DS is in, still having to dedicate too many card slots to counter this broken premiere strategy.

DarkBro
DS Region: Kiffex
DS Region: Kiffex

Post by DarkBro »

Throdo wrote:I mainly play crush to pull evader, which sadly is needed along w/ imp decree v in numerous dark decks to counter revo. It is a sad, sad state the DS is in, still having to dedicate too many card slots to counter this broken premiere strategy.
The strength of LS mains now also makes the auto-canceling of Clash invaluable too. Clash-enabled beatdowns give me nightmares.
Image Image
Member of TBO and Team Image

Return to “World Championships - Oct 8-11, 2009”