Anyone know when Day 2 Results will be posted?

Princeton Clarion Hotel, 3499 Route 1 South
Princeton, NJ, US, 08540
Clarion Hotel
Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Re: Anyone know when Day 2 Results will be posted?

Post by Schele »

arebelspy wrote:so evan you'd admit the sides are unbalanced more so than you thought when you wanted to bet whomever was talking to you about it?
His bet was to prove a point, and I wouldn't be surprised if he would've won the bet had anyone really taken him up on it.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

well that's what i'm curious about. maybe he'd have won had it been termed "top 8 ds win rate > 50%" or whatever, but i'm wondering if he'll say now that it was about what he expected or if he's surprised by the gap there.

PapaLorax

Post by PapaLorax »

arebelspy wrote:well that's what i'm curious about. maybe he'd have won had it been termed "top 8 ds win rate > 50%" or whatever, but i'm wondering if he'll say now that it was about what he expected or if he's surprised by the gap there.
I am surprised by the gap for sure. My thinking was the best players would have been able to balance the sides more effectively. I would never suggest to understand the meta or what could be done to "fix" it...but I think this indicates something needs to be done in the next set to balance the sides (people have offered their opinions as to why the imbalance exists).
Terron wrote:Can't we settle this like real virgins?

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

The Smoking Gungan wrote:Number of players with an equal number of LS and DS wins:
Top 8: 2 (25%)
Top 20: 2 (10%) (or 3 if you ignore kyle krueger's ds bye)

Number of players with more DS wins than LS wins:
Top 8: 1 (12.5%)
Top 20: 5 (25%) (or 4 if you ignore kyle krueger's ds bye)
just realized that all these ppl (i.e. everyone whose ds did better than or equal to their ls) was either playing endor ops or tto (starting endo ops obv) except for 1 guy playing hdv. lol
Last edited by The Smoking Gungan on October 21st, 2009, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

It's interesting that Endor Ops and TTO weren't very dominant decks pre-errata. Now it seems to be the only thing that can win more than a random game or two.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

JediJer wrote:It's interesting that Endor Ops and TTO weren't very dominant decks pre-errata. Now it seems to be the only thing that can win more than a random game or two.
right, cause they didn't need bliz 4 or epp maul nearly as much as other ds decks did, nor did they get hit on activation like other ds decks did. so while other decks were hit bad, they remained relatively okay.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

arebelspy wrote:
JediJer wrote:It's interesting that Endor Ops and TTO weren't very dominant decks pre-errata. Now it seems to be the only thing that can win more than a random game or two.
right, cause they didn't need bliz 4 or epp maul nearly as much as other ds decks did, nor did they get hit on activation like other ds decks did. so while other decks were hit bad, they remained relatively okay.
Man. If only some 2-time world champ had told D&D that this could be an issue.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Actually, TTO was also the biggest dark deck at Worlds last year, if I remember right.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Meto wrote: Actually, TTO was also the biggest dark deck at Worlds last year, if I remember right.
:ds:

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

And I know at least one person who played TTO went 0-4 with it(Dan Kim), so even that isnt consistent.

Very curious to see the full results

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

gogolen wrote:
And I know at least one person who played TTO went 0-4 with it(Dan Kim), so even that isnt consistent.

Very curious to see the full results
yeah jan went 4-0 with it, i went 2-2, kim 0-4 apparently?

so idk, it totally can be beaten (and i beat jan's day 3 with ebo), but at least it can win some games, unlike most dork sides.

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

just updated a bit. Well over half of the finishers are up now.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

42 up. 11 to go.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

NOW I'M DONE.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Quick stats tally (Thanks Excel!)

Light Side
FW: 109
TW: 5
FL: 77
TL: 4

Dark Side
FW: 77
TW: 4
FL: 108
TL: 5

Overall records
Light Side: 114-81 (58%)
Dark Side: 81-113 (42%)

(I think the results list is missing a DS FL somewhere, cuz I took out the byes already)
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

The Quick
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by The Quick »

I think that those statistics prove that the Meta is fine. In Chess Black only has a 45% chance of winning against an equal opponent and there is no fair way to ever correct this unless you really think it's fair to give black more time than the player playing white. 42% chance for DS vs. LS is not that bad in comparison. Just don't do anything stupid by creating dark cards that will give dark more than a 58% chance or give it less than a 42% chance and I think it'll all be fine.

I would like to point out that I had the best score out of all of the players that dropped. Which makes me look extremely cool since I wasn't going to give Mr. Westerguard the time of day after what he pulled in our last match. If I would've decided to for some reason I woulda had LS and finished in 20th place out of 53 players on day 2. For me that sucks anyway, if Westerguard hadn't timed me out I probably would've made day 3. Lack of preparation and ability to obtain cards in time for the event on my part also played a key role. Because if I had every card I needed for my decks and didn't make a game losing mistake against Lee Edwards, I would've had it anyway. But I'll be there next year.

- Nick Jones

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

The Quick wrote:I think that those statistics prove that the Meta is fine. In Chess Black only has a 45% chance of winning against an equal opponent and there is no fair way to ever correct this unless you really think it's fair to give black more time than the player playing white. 42% chance for DS vs. LS is not that bad in comparison. Just don't do anything stupid by creating dark cards that will give dark more than a 58% chance or give it less than a 42% chance and I think it'll all be fine.

I would like to point out that I had the best score out of all of the players that dropped. Which makes me look extremely cool since I wasn't going to give Mr. Westerguard the time of day after what he pulled in our last match. If I would've decided to for some reason I woulda had LS and finished in 20th place out of 53 players on day 2. For me that sucks anyway, if Westerguard hadn't timed me out I probably would've made day 3. Lack of preparation and ability to obtain cards in time for the event on my part also played a key role. Because if I had every card I needed for my decks and didn't make a game losing mistake against Lee Edwards, I would've had it anyway. But I'll be there next year.
yah but you might've had to play me again and lose by 20+
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

The Quick
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by The Quick »

Oh yeah, I also dropped so I could play in the Day 2 Sealed deck event. My understanding was that either the winner, the top 2 or the top 50% would be given a Day 2 Bye for Worlds 2010. Here are those results:

1st - Nick Jones

DS - Chris Wirfs FL -2, Ryan French FW +30, FINAL CONFRONTATION: Will Savola FW +11 = (4) +41

2nd - Will Savola

LS - Jay Griffiths FW +10, Dave Hann FW +12, FINAL CONFRONTATION: Nick Jones FL -11 = (4) +11

3rd - Mike Bell

LS - Dave Hann FW +12, Jay Griffiths FL -10 = (2) +2

4th - Jay Griffiths

DS - Will Savola FL -10, Mike Bell FW +10 = (2) +0

5th - Dan Kim

DS - Ryan French FL -16, Chris Wirfs FW +10 = (2) -6

6th - Chris Wirfs

LS - Nick Jones FW +2, Dan Kim FL -10 = (2) -8

7th - Ryan French

LS - Dan Kim FW +16, Nick Jones FL -30 = (2) -14

8th - Dave Hann

DS - Mike Bell FL -12, Will Savola FL-12 = (0) -24

- Nick Jones

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

The Quick wrote:My understanding was that either the winner, the top 2 or the top 50% would be given a Day 2 Bye for Worlds 2010.
Whoever told you that was wrong. The only byes that day were from the constructed Consolation event that would have started at 11 AM, but did not occur because everyone interested was actually playing in Day 2.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

The Quick
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by The Quick »

imrahil327 wrote:
The Quick wrote:My understanding was that either the winner, the top 2 or the top 50% would be given a Day 2 Bye for Worlds 2010.
Whoever told you that was wrong. The only byes that day were from the constructed Consolation event that would have started at 11 AM, but did not occur because everyone interested was actually playing in Day 2.
Only part of that is true. I was told by the tournament director of the sealed deck event that whatever byes were available for the Consolation event were being passed to this event, since as you said the Consolation event was cancelled, this was held later in it's place. We already talked to Scott Lingrell about it, I haven't heard back from him directly, but that's the deal.

I'm still waiting on my rebates from the worlds events and never received my day 2 prizes. In case there is any confusion on this, how about we forget about the $85 ($25 rebate, $40 in prizes, $20 in additional prizes) and award me the bye either way for the sealed event so I can actually get some sleep for a change before day 2? Afterall it's not like it'd be asking much since I've qualified for day 2 every single time I've gone (four times in a row) and it's what I was told beforehand. Let's stick with what was offered. If that's what happens I'm donating that $85 to the PC, because I know they didn't make any money off of us this year. If not, I'll take the $85 and I'll see you guys in day 2 next year anyway.

- Nick Jones

Return to “World Championships - Oct 8-11, 2009”