2175 West Marlton Pike .
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
http://holidaycherryhill.com/
Tel: 1-856-663-5300
January 2nd - 4th, 2009.
arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Kevbozzz wrote:For those keeping track of the HQOTD, replace this:
Hunter wrote:DBO remains very dangerous. (Perhaps more than you realize?)
with this:
Hunter wrote: I mean, once he had pulled his pants up, and quit crying.
Ha!
Hunter's on a roll! http://www.sushi-hunter.com/menu4.htm

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

arebelspy wrote: Hunter's on a roll! http://www.sushi-hunter.com/menu4.htm
ugh. This is why there's no JOQOTD.
Check out ShanCast, my SWCCG podcast! Past episodes can be found at www.spreaker.com/user/shancast, or via the Spreaker app (search for #SWCCG).

ImageImageImage
3MW0J8 wrote:If DBO comes back again I swear I will quit for good.
DDM wrote:All hail Kevin Shannon!! :rimshot
3MW0J8 wrote:holy balls KSBOOTMFY
Schele wrote:I guess you're not as bad as I thought you were.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

To Kevin: I had to think for a second to figure out what HQOTD meant. I didn't realize anyone was keeping track of that. :) Maybe I should have spaced those two gems out over the course of multiple days.

To Jim: I was. Yannick, Steven, and I all had the same record, but I missed the final confrontation by differential.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Hunter wrote:To Kevin: I had to think for a second to figure out what HQOTD meant. I didn't realize anyone was keeping track of that. :) Maybe I should have spaced those two gems out over the course of multiple days.
FWIW, after he posted the first one he said "HAH," like that, so I thought it was the "HAH Quote of the Day," and it was an honor for you to get it x2. I got it wrong I guess (the JQOTD gives it away).

Now it's just the Hunter quote of the day, and since you're the only eligible one besides the long-gone Hayes, it's not quite as much of an honor. But still, two good quotes.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

It's an honor because there IS such a thing. As he says, there isn't a JOQOTD. :P

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Hunter wrote:It's an honor because there IS such a thing. As he says, there isn't a JOQOTD. :P
touche

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

Hunter wrote:Maybe I should have spaced those two gems out over the course of multiple days.
It's good to outdo yourself once in awhile, it's a crowd pleaser.

When you're arguing with MacGuyver it's like sweeps week.

I've been tracking the HQOTD's for years, I figured you knew that. Every couple of weeks I compile them into the HQOTF. That's where you find the real gems.

There's also the lesser-known BEBOOTD, but that never relates to you.
Check out ShanCast, my SWCCG podcast! Past episodes can be found at www.spreaker.com/user/shancast, or via the Spreaker app (search for #SWCCG).

ImageImageImage

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

"I don't know you well, but you are quite amusing. I like your style, but please don't take that as a homosexual come-on. I'm all about the ladies."

ROFL
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

hmm, so i was gonna sign up last night, but didnt.

now i see that weekend back here in cleveland is some sweet lil wayne / t pain concert so maybe i'll just go to that

btw swccg being "fixed" doesnt mean anyone is obligated to to events now. if this is the case... where was ben kline and schele when their perfect v16/16 meta was around for worlds?

but yeah i will sign up soon

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

I'm just trying to get people to sign up. I figure the more names on there, and the sooner, the better. Like when SoCal was on the fence about going, the big question was "who's going to be there?" If there were 3 people on the list we probably wouldn't have signed up or worked out travel while it was still cheap.

There's a strange phenomina (however that's spelled) with these tournaments. Everyone kinda waits to commit because they want to know if other groups are going to go. Nobody wants to take the plunge first because they might pay a bunch of $$$ to fly to a 6 person tournament. This happened to SoCal when we spent 32 hours driving to & from Utah to play in an 8 man event.

I feel like West Nats could have been huge, but nobody from the east coast wanted to commit. Brad and Booker did, and were probably disapointed by the turnout. If a few more people had thrown their name in early on, that might have convinced even more to join, which would have made even more join, and so on.

I think 09 could have some amazing tournaments. But we have to get people to commit to go early on in the planning of these events. If anyone has an idea how to do this I'm all ears.

This was all written at random intervals during class, so I hope it makes sense.

I'd love to play in a 50 person tournament every month next year. Surely there's 49 other players who feel the same way. We just gotta get on the same page.

ImageImageImage

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

eh, we go to almost anything big or what we think would be big. east nats wasn't big but we went. texas mpc we didnt do.. west nats b/c we knew nobody would go
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

The Honky Tonk Man

Post by The Honky Tonk Man »

deck104 wrote:eh, we go to almost anything big or what we think would be big. east nats wasn't big but we went. texas mpc we didnt do.. west nats b/c we knew nobody would go
East Nationals wasn't big?

Wasn't it the 3rd largest tournament last year?

Spectre
LS Region: Coruscant

Re: Get on the bus

Post by Spectre »

I love reading stories about me.

I mean, even when people are making fun of me. It's awesome. I feel like a real part of the community. Thank god this stuff pops up on google or I'd have completely missed out on the fun.

Please everyone, continue telling the stories. I like to sit back and enjoy the past.
Ray Bordier
2008, The Year I Last Played!!!

I'm ranked 13th.... WTF

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

Ray Bordier is still alive?? One of my favorite dudes from the east coast?? The only other person besides myself from worlds99 to win the state championship that next year??

I remember hearing about that game with you and Kev at DragonCon. He called me and told me the whole "www.scrub.com" story.......Laughed my arsss off.

Although stories from the past are cool, you need to start building stories for the future. Ray.....get your butt out there and start playing again already!!!

Clayton Atkin

Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Oh crap... Hey clay...

I came back in 07 for the first MPC, brought some goofy operative ellors madak deck out that lost me the first round by like 1 diff pt... Then I flew to Italy and got timed out in 2 games to scrub out, then went to NYC for the states there and won...

I just can't get myself to cut out slips of paper anymore though. The Worlds 2k event was awesome, but I've just lost the interest in focusing solely on swccg as a hobbie.

So for swccg I gotta live in the past. The present/future of this game will never be as amazing as the 98-01 era of the game was. We were all so much younger and everything was just more fun. Now I'm an old man with a kid.
Ray Bordier
2008, The Year I Last Played!!!

I'm ranked 13th.... WTF

DDM

Post by DDM »

I do indeed remember Ray Bordier scrubbing out in Italy. :mrgreen:
And also nearly choking himself when they brought him a Coke during our last evening together! :lol:
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

Return to “2009 MPC (Past Event)”