DragonCon?

Rev_Joe
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

DragonCon?

Post by Rev_Joe »

Hey Throdo and the Atlanta Boys

Jacksonville will be representing at D*Con again this year. If there is Star Wars to be had, we promise to at least be sober for deck-building for it. I wouldn't count on it day of event though. We would love to play some games with you guys while we are there and have some new players this year.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

heck ya! awesome :)

We definitely are planning on having events there. At least as many as last year and including regionals on Saturday. Actually I suppose we could do regionals either sat or sun, but will probably stick w/ sat unless some folks really want to have it sunday (so let me know if so).

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Also I want to bring up an opportunity that could help some folks out. If money is maybe tight for someone, then they can actually get a free badge to the full convention if they volunteer for 20 hours. So I'd like to have 1 helper during regionals (yeah you could still play) to help setup and stuff. Then you could also run another event or 2 and boom you have a free badge.

For instance you could do something like this:
Friday sometime--> run a 4 game cube draft (we've got 2 cubes for 20 people max). 5 hours volunteer time.
Sat--> help me w/ regionals. 10 hours volunteer time (8 games + 2 games championship match + setup/prize time is probably actually more than that but you wouldn't have to help me the whole time).
Sun--> help run a cube draft or the constructed event (5 hours)
so thats 20 hours

Now I might have someone else here in Atlanta interested in this, and I can't really justify 3 people running 1 event except possibly the regionals, so other events (like the cube drafts) could be run on friday or monday or in the evenings sat/sun. Just basically if we have 2 or 3 people we need to make sure beforehand that we can get everyone 20 hours.

If anyone is interested they can send me a pm.

edit: also, the sooner I can know about who if anyone wants to volunteer 20 hours of help the better. for instance if we need to run an extra event mon or fri to get the volunteer up to 20 hours, we should get that in the dragon con event schedule so it'll have to be registered sometime this summer (again, the sooner the better).
Last edited by Throdo on May 10th, 2009, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Minimum Event Schedule (same as last year):

Sat:
dagobah regionals from 11am - 6pm (then the top 2 play 2 more games for the championship).
then a cube draft or sealed event.

Sun:
Mini-Open Championship event w/ 1 worlds bye on the line from 11-5
cube/sealed event that evening

Extra stuff that could happen:
other cube/constructed events friday and monday
For instance 2 years ago we did an endor/death star 2 only event that was a hit.

I'll be getting all the specifics nailed down after our States event next weekend.

Rev_Joe
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Rev_Joe »

Cool, really looking forward to it.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

This is Sept. 5th, right? What have the attendance numbers been like for the past two years?

Rev_Joe
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Rev_Joe »

I'm sure Throdo has a more accurate number, but I want to say 16-20? There is a lot going on at DragonCon, it's hard to remember fancy stuff like numbers....

ShadowLeader
Collecting Advocate

Re:

Post by ShadowLeader »

These Events are "Officially" registered on the DragonCon web page.

I NEED any additional details for ANY additional events that you want LISTED in the Pocket Program Guide. ASAP!

No Later than this weekend. I'll have a SWCCGPC spot reserved for you and can bring Prizes from the PC.

Jim
Throdo wrote:Minimum Event Schedule (same as last year):
Sat:
dagobah regionals from 11am - 6pm (then the top 2 play 2 more games for the championship).
then a cube draft or sealed event.

Sun:
Mini-Open Championship event w/ 1 worlds bye on the line from 11-5
cube/sealed event that evening

Extra stuff that could happen:
other cube/constructed events friday and monday
For instance 2 years ago we did an endor/death star 2 only event that was a hit.

I'll be getting all the specifics nailed down after our States event next weekend.
Jim Colson
PC Advocate Gold 5, Ambassador, Rider of Rohan(all retired)
" I was there", from the beginning, to the bitter end :(
Director of Card Games - Dragon*Con 2005-2021

ShadowLeader
Collecting Advocate

Re: DragonCon?

Post by ShadowLeader »

Also, LMK who the TDs will be and I can provide a TD badge Comp. ($100 value! Each!)

You should really Pre-register for DragonCon. The At-the-door Price is $100 for a 4 day pass this year.
Jim Colson
PC Advocate Gold 5, Ambassador, Rider of Rohan(all retired)
" I was there", from the beginning, to the bitter end :(
Director of Card Games - Dragon*Con 2005-2021

Rev_Joe
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Rev_Joe »

Any updates to this recently? Just Curious. I had heard a rumor that this was actually going to be East Nationals. Just a rumor right?

Also, any V-card prizes for these?

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Return to “2009 Major Event Presence”