Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

retwin316 wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
Kevbozzz wrote: Rice Farming:
It'll put peepee in your Coke.
OMG LOL
I'm lost....
It's okay, Kevin thinks he's funny and amusing. Just nod your head and play along so you don't hurt his feelings.

Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

My inspiration to build a farming deck came from Greg Shaw. At Worlds 2008, Shaw used a version of farming to kick the crap out of my Mystril deck in the team tournament, winning by like 20 in a game where I thought I had a pretty good early advantage. At that time, he was running all sorts of nonsense in his deck like combo Owen and Breu, Harvest non-v, multiple Dagobath sites, stonepiles, etc. The deck seemed utterly terrible and for like the first 5 turns of the game he basically just sat at the damn farm and used R2-D2 to cancel my battles with fire extinguishers. Nonetheless, I lost that game horribly and went back to my hotel room wondering what in the hell went wrong and how I knew absolutely nothing about farming.

So flash to February 2009. Kevin “World Champâ€
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!

Image Image

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

Airdog2003 wrote:
retwin316 wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
Kevbozzz wrote: Rice Farming:
It'll put peepee in your Coke.
OMG LOL
I'm lost....
It's okay, Kevin thinks he's funny and amusing. Just nod your head and play along so you don't hurt his feelings.
*nods*

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

I like the deck. I would have rather you let me use it in my league event this weekend before you posted it though.

Heck, I still may. ;)

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

If you don't get an opening hand vehicle, how to you beat BHBM? Perhaps one that isn't crappy and starts Crush?

/curious
//knew 80% of the deck going into the game
///still lost
////is apparently Greg Shaw's partner
Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

kryptofis
Holotable username: kryptofis
GEMP Username: kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

How can you not love a deck that plays Shmi, Ardon Crell, Lars(v) and WINS!

With all honesty - congratulations on this design - it's super duper.

Defo giving it a try.

Q: How does it do against space decks?
Kryptofis

DVD ROTS
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by DVD ROTS »

Airdog2003 wrote:Luke (v) (remember he can be pulled by Padme (v)),
Holy *. I completely forgot about this. I am awful at this game.

Is there any way that you as LS can stop Padme's damage? One of the most obnoxious things about this deck is the diff boost from having the endgame lock, but Padme kills that.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

you can stop it by moving all skywalkers to a non-battleground or if they have vader on the table, all but one (which is what you'd go for since you need luke @ beggar's canyon).

Fel
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Fel »

(Note: Brian Fred says 3B3-10 (v) is the best darkside card ever so you should probably listen to him)
QFT

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

TacoBill wrote:If you don't get an opening hand vehicle, how to you beat BHBM? Perhaps one that isn't crappy and starts Crush?

/curious
///still lost
BHBM is tough and it depends totally on what your opponent starts (look sir droids, mos eisley, crush and fondor puller is what we mainly tested against). Dark likely goes shock empy to farm turn 1 and pulls fondor. So you get 7. A common play LS can make is to pull Artoo with a FE, drop him to the farm, pull luke with their objective, have him pull his skyhopper, download grandma with the slave quarters and grab 3po into hand, and then have luke and grandma hop on the skyhopper and move it front of the empy at the farm and say go and see what DS does. If they back up empy with lots of stuff, cancel the battle and keep setting up, if they don't back him up kill him next turn and make sure you still have presense left over at the farm so empy can't come back. Remember that even if they IHYN, shimi will make all of their battle destiny draws -1 so unless they super rediculous, you should still have luke left over and maybe even R2.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!

Image Image

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

kryptofis wrote:How can you not love a deck that plays Shmi, Ardon Crell, Lars(v) and WINS!

With all honesty - congratulations on this design - it's super duper.

Defo giving it a try.

Q: How does it do against space decks?
Pretty good. It wrecks monkey ties because you'll hit for 3 at the farm,
2 at the canyon, 1-3 with padme (depending on if they get decree v out) and then you can do fun stuff like tantive 4 and lando to their
Waklilemi system to mess them up for a while and allow you to drain for free. Also, HCF is still not fun for them to deal with and if you keep savrip on table, they have absolutely no chance!

TTO is a little closer but once again, it's tough for them to mess with you on the ground and Tantive IV v and savrip are still annoying as heck. If you fear this matchup you can add honor which can help buy you a couple turns worth of TTO damage. Also remember you can sense their control vs your atrocity. A lot of decks don't expect sense in a farming deck so you can sometimes catch them off guard and without their SAC shield early on.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!

Image Image

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

Airdog2003 wrote:
TacoBill wrote:If you don't get an opening hand vehicle, how to you beat BHBM? Perhaps one that isn't crappy and starts Crush?

/curious
///still lost
BHBM is tough and it depends totally on what your opponent starts (look sir droids, mos eisley, crush and fondor puller is what we mainly tested against). Dark likely goes shock empy to farm turn 1 and pulls fondor. So you get 7. A common play LS can make is to pull Artoo with a FE, drop him to the farm, pull luke with their objective, have him pull his skyhopper, download grandma with the slave quarters and grab 3po into hand, and then have luke and grandma hop on the skyhopper and move it front of the empy at the farm and say go and see what DS does. If they back up empy with lots of stuff, cancel the battle and keep setting up, if they don't back him up kill him next turn and make sure you still have presense left over at the farm so empy can't come back. Remember that even if they IHYN, shimi will make all of their battle destiny draws -1 so unless they super rediculous, you should still have luke left over and maybe even R2.
if dark uses immunity emperor, is it easier since they run only 1 force lightning and you can sense, or is it harder cause of the immunity?

cool build. savrip is good. i like 2x each ship, since it means random onyx 2 v doesnt totally wipe you out

Farmer Bob
DS Region: Coruscant
DS Region: Coruscant

Post by Farmer Bob »

Shmi/Crell is generally uber-cool as well. Crell gives all of your characters an automatic <3 immunity; and with Shmi making destinies -1; it basically acts like a <4 to immunity.

tgosiaco
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by tgosiaco »

This deck is all I ever wanted.

futantshadow
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by futantshadow »

if you played rops with imperial decree v, and just avoided them on tatooine would that beat it? and set up drains in space, using cards to beat down the falcon and tantive...

anyway, cool one hit wonder, but i thought it lost b/c it couldn't play harvest against stormtroopers (but now i'm guessing the troopers just majorly overpowered it in battling)

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

futantshadow wrote:if you played rops with imperial decree v, and just avoided them on tatooine would that beat it? and set up drains in space, using cards to beat down the falcon and tantive...

anyway, cool one hit wonder, but i thought it lost b/c it couldn't play harvest against stormtroopers (but now i'm guessing the troopers just majorly overpowered it in battling)
i think vs rops the use 1 to draw would be difficult for them. and if rops plays a bright center to the universe v as some do that would suck too cause they'd have to use force to retrieve with it vs your drain bonus.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

futantshadow wrote:if you played rops with imperial decree v, and just avoided them on tatooine would that beat it? and set up drains in space, using cards to beat down the falcon and tantive...

no, this doesn't use nonv harvest. i think that was a joke.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

they don't use combo owen & beru, they use owen v, so the harvest stormtrooper thing is false. also they don't play harvest. =)
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

kryptofis
Holotable username: kryptofis
GEMP Username: kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

Man, I love this deck!
I played a couple - won both without a sweat.

It has everything in - tracking, a lot of remembering, cool used interrupts, scrubs, tricks, EPPs, space which is incredibly resilient...

Please, please, please, give us more decks. This phrase: "rose from the ashes of scrubdom..." - it should never ever be used in reference to you as a deck builder.

I am oficcialy your 2nd fan (1st is Kevin?).

Congrats again!
Kryptofis

Rogue4
Retired Advocate

Post by Rogue4 »

Schele wrote:Luke (V10) ... likely x2 (or more)
Luke's T16 in multiples.
You win.
May the game never die...and may you always let the wookiee win.

Return to “Decks to Beat 2009-2010”