This forum

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

This forum

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

What should be done with this forum? We have two deck threads in here, but one of those decks no longer exists because of the revolution, and the actual decklist for the other deck was lost during the website transition. Might as well nuke this place.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Re: This forum

Post by Meto »

Yeah, the players on top of the meta aren't active enough to make this forum work, I think.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

The Smoking Gungan wrote: and the actual decklist for the other deck was lost during the website transition.
what decklist? anything lost in the forum transition still exists, its just about as easy to access as it is to drive a buick up your nose.
Well, Bye.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

MAVanDriel wrote:what decklist? anything lost in the forum transition still exists, its just about as easy to access as it is to drive a buick up your nose.

at one point, this post had a decklist in it. but even if you restore it, do we need a whole forum for a deck last played in april that may or may not have been pwned by the revolution (can't say for sure w/o a decklist)? i say move the 3/2 thread to the regular decklist forum (and the farming thread too if you restore the decklist, but who cares), and then delete this subforum. it was a good idea no doubt, but it just didn't pan out

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

/agree

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

I think most people have realized that if a deck makes it to here, it will be taken out by errata or a slew of counter cards, so no one wants to suggest decktypes, as that means once you realize a deck is strong and suggest it - someone will kill it.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

another reason to do SOMETHING (anything) is that this forum as it currently exists adds to confusion for new/returning players. new/returning players who visit the pc site might navigate themselves to the 'decks to beat' forum to try and get a grasp of the meta (which is what this forum was basically supposed to do). upon entering, they read a long and detailed discussion of 3/2 and they'll begin to form an impression of things. but of course, since this forum hasn't been updated these players are in for a rude awakening once they learn 3/2 got errata pwnd (hopefully before they build and take the deck to a tourney)

Ghosttrain

Post by Ghosttrain »

dont trash the 3/2 primer completely there is alot of good info there, but someone should definitely edit into the post the fact that the deck doesnt really work anymore for the reasons the tsg mentions above.
Lord Jannister

Time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth...

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

monthly bump

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

happy?
Well, Bye.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

MAVanDriel wrote:happy?
did you do something? i can't tell

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

a bit, but mostly reacting to Jans post not yours.

this forum just needs people to make new primers.
Well, Bye.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Then why not at least move the wys v primer here?

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

MAVanDriel wrote: this forum just needs people to make new primers.
:lol:

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

This board does seem a bit quiet. I'll get us started:

Decks to beat:

WYS
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Decks to beat:

LS Decks

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

arebelspy wrote:
MAVanDriel wrote: this forum just needs people to make new primers.
:lol:
good point. I retract my previous statement re: moving the wys v primer here and suggest disseminating the forum entirely. The two primers that are here can be moved into the forum that has Hunter's top 20 thread.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Well the farming thread isn't actually a primer, and doesn't contain a decklist anymore, so i think the best solution is to move that one to the regular decklist forum and let it get buried. i guess i wouldn't be opposed to moving the 3/2 thread to no-table-topics, but my first choice would be to let it get buried in the decklist forum too. so it would be like the sphinx if you will; treasure buried under a sea of sand (aka old threads)

i'm just surprised that nothing's been done considering how frequently the tourney forums and other areas of the site get reshuffled around here

raith
Retired Advocate

Post by raith »

The Smoking Gungan wrote:Well the farming thread isn't actually a primer, and doesn't contain a decklist anymore, so i think the best solution is to move that one to the regular decklist forum and let it get buried. i guess i wouldn't be opposed to moving the 3/2 thread to no-table-topics, but my first choice would be to let it get buried in the decklist forum too. so it would be like the sphinx if you will; treasure buried under a sea of sand (aka old threads)

i'm just surprised that nothing's been done considering how frequently the tourney forums and other areas of the site get reshuffled around here
The decklist on the farming primer is on the 4th page, the last post actually.

Return to “Decks to Beat 2009-2010”